Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

Not a Mod Votals - 3.elie

Aster (3): Bartozio, Elieson, Aster
Elieson (2): Sunwoo, CT075

Not Voting (3): DefyingFates, JamieIsBored, WeaponsofMassConstruction

uh ok

16 minutes ago, Aster said:

I'll be honest, I need to get to Art Fight again and I see no point in trying to stop the wagon.

##Unvote: WeaponsOfMassConstruction

##Vote: Aster

if you voted for me, I'd be the leading wagon instead of you

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also like, one of the most controversial people in the game, voting for you, along with probably the strongest townread in the game, voting for me.

:think:

Gosh, I'm really sorry. I shouldn't have done that... I'm sorry if I was being a bad sport.

##Unvote: Aster

16 hours ago, BBM said:

Day 3 will end in approximately 44 hours and 40 minutes, on July 24th at 6PM EST. With 8 alive, it takes 3 to lynch at deadline and 5 to hammer.

~28.5 hours left in phase now that the Extension is active

13 hours ago, CT075 said:

Do you think that Boron's insistence on speculating about unknowable night actions is reasonably without the extra context of her claim?

IDR if i answered this but I think I didn't.

I think it's reasonable to speculate since it drive discussion forward and the phase has a fair amount of time left. It's not detracting from any other discussion. If it were replacing discussion/topics, then maybe. There's another reason why this is a decent topic of discussion, but I'll share that in the future.

14 hours ago, Elieson said:

Since I was asked this directly; Nope. From anyone really.

do you intend to tell us what the reactions you got from this Eury fight are, or....

this cloak and dagger stuff is getting old really fast

and also apparently an almost-surrender? what is happening in this game

Just now, CT075 said:

do you intend to tell us what the reactions you got from this Eury fight are, or....

I got a lot out of Eury (which I am fairly certain that my vote identified my scumreading her is evidence of that), and I got people to react to me and Eury, which are reactions that people are still pointing out. People have developed reads on me, and people have reacted to other's reads, and very importantly, because Eury flipped scum, it allows for the opportunity to form associative reads because me calling her out the way I did brought on the result of having a major occurrence of things for people to react to. It's not like I was after anything specific. I scumread her, and prodded her more forcefully than I would've normally done so in a D1 read to see what would happen related to it, and things happened; Eury exploded, which inadvertently led to her getting shot, which allows us to get townreads. I don't mind being a topic of contention or starting a fire in order to get people to quit yapping in RVS and if I needed to be one of the people to throw a FoS / Vote out with intent, then I would. It's not some galaxy brain "I want to prod Eury such that it causes Player-X to do Y thing". I found a scumread. Pushed and Voted. Reads were formed. It's that simple.

2 minutes ago, CT075 said:

this cloak and dagger stuff is getting old really fast

4 minutes ago, Elieson said:

There's another reason why this is a decent topic of discussion, but I'll share that in the future.

fine. Discussing theories as to what happened re: night actions adds more discussion to the table which allows for more verbiage to be analyzed and broken down to identify a scumslip for a night action, either for something that someone themselves did or identifying knowledge that someone should not be privy to. If we omit that discussion entirely, we lose the opportunity to jump on somebody slipping about knowledge they shouldn't have.

How long do we have to deadline? I think I'm about equally okay with either lynch now that Elie is present again, even if the things he's actually saying make no sense to me.

Just now, CT075 said:

How long do we have to deadline? I think I'm about equally okay with either lynch now that Elie is present again, even if the things he's actually saying make no sense to me.

With the extension, we have like 28 hours left

22 minutes ago, CT075 said:

I think I'm about equally okay with either lynch now that Elie is present again, even if the things he's actually saying make no sense to me.

ugh, this checks out with my meta, doesn't it.

Aster un-selfing and Jamie's vote on Aster brings Aster back up to 3. As a reminder, no one is at the hammer count of 5 yet.

Rereading through Eury's second-to-last wall among wallposts made me want to hammer a nail through my foot, but it does make me feel better, because her mega wall on Page 16, doesn't really offer any reads, and just poses a "well I could settle here I guess" read on Aster overall (with stuff I quoted, plus other noncommittal bits that are generally just pointing stuff out with more of that Wishy Washy stuff that I called her out for presenting in my first attack on Eury at the beginning of the game) but also this line in her Page 17 wallpost.

The reason why I was surprised is that, until today, I don't recall any full blown cases being drawn up against Aster, since D1 (I would need to do a re-read and it's well past my time to sleep and I want to make sure I'm up for phase end)? I know both DF and Aster flew under a LOT of radars given the posting limit/restriction, newbie player consideration, and the fact that other wagons/players took priority. 

mostly because I feel like DF and Aster were topics of contention and discussion for a good chunk of the game, and this statement downplays basically everything that was said about them regarding the entire history of the game and devalues any cases brought up against either of them. Lumping DF and Aster at the end of this, when Eury outright called Aster out for not being a newbie, it feels weird and inconsistent. Sure, there were not actually any full blown cases, but in this game, full blown cases are not exactly happening anyway.

I could keep going but I think I need to just focus on trying to look elsewhere, because I'm too committed to [Scumteam ! Aster + Eury ] to look at her reactions being indicative of anything else, and I need to look more at [Scumteam ! ?? + Bluedoom ] scenarios, which arguably have nothing to do with Eury

I came back to stuff I see.

If Aster were a long-time mafia player, I'd say that's basically an admission - and it still might be. Prims's Kemono Friends mafia had a scum team full of only new players and the last guy alive asked if he could self-hammer himself if that was allowed. The only reason I'm waffling is because it's possible this is still coming from a new town player.

Regardless of alignment, I hope it's not because we're making this unfun for you, Aster!

Elie's argument about Eury's grammar regarding Cam is weird, and I'm not really sure how it was atypical grammar for her? Also, the whole "even if it was over an hour it was uninterrupted" point is kinda weak. People can think harder about their reads over an hour period and come to the conclusion that actually there's something else that bothers them more that they can get answers on. It's not really on Cam if no one posted between his two posts, and I'm not sure why having someone in between those two posts would really mean anything. Posting something like "I'm back, rereading" wouldn't even be content that could change Cam's thoughts. Elie please make sense lol

Considering that we asked for an extension and got it, I'm not in favor of ending the phase early yet. We might as well make use of the time we have and get some more interactions out of this.

Aster, since it is highly likely that you might be lynched today, would you mind claiming your role? Don't directly copy paste anything from your role PM, of course, but it might be good to get claims a bit early so we can mull over them.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Aster, since it is highly likely that you might be lynched today, would you mind claiming your role? Don't directly copy paste anything from your role PM, of course, but it might be good to get claims a bit early so we can mull over them.

It's gonna make me look a lot worse, but I'm accepting my fate at this point.

I'm a role blocker. I can block once a night or for one time per game block two people.

Just now, Aster said:

It's gonna make me look a lot worse, but I'm accepting my fate at this point.

I'm a role blocker. I can block once a night or for one time per game block two people.

Who were your targets on N1 and N2?

Night one was Fates given we were all a little unsure about him just to be safe, but the action failed. He could've been protected or he could've been vanilla.

Night two and this is gonna look bad but I blocked Percy because I thought he said something about wanting to shoot Cam and was scared he had a weapon or role that'd allow him to make a kill during the night phase as well as long as he thought he was targeting scum.

Hmm.

I don't think N2 actions really line up with what Cam and Weapons claimed. It's hard to imagine them both failing on Jamie for not-safeguard reasons when Percival is a flipped safeguard. And the empowerer is scum and dead.

"It's a cup of dirt. Just put an F on there and let me go home." 😭

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

Does SF use roles that win if they're lynched? Probably not since the rules for this game said we're on one of threw teams, but still.

Technically, we've had jesters before, but on SF it might be considered borderline bastard and everyone here hates them XD;

1 minute ago, Aster said:

"It's a cup of dirt. Just put an F on there and let me go home." 😭

I'm sorry Aster ;_;

Uh, do you guys just ... want to hammer or what? I hate cutting short our one extension, but I'm not sure how much more we can discuss >_>

I suppose if we don't want an earlier hammer we could talk about who else is scum ...

This is why I don't like rolling scum/imposter/werewolf on any of these kinds of games. I'm just really hecking bad at it. Granted this is longer than I've lasted on 90% of the other games I've rolled that kind of role on. Usually I just get yeeted immediately/D2. 😅

I'm sorry for all the trouble. Is it okay if I surrender?