Special Heroes: Icy Invitation

That Nils is the seasonal reward again baffles me. IS could have at least made Thea the freebie and Nils the insta-demote and still maintained their waifu bias agenda.

Speaking of, not sure why they're all dressed like magical girls (random fanservice is random) but all in attendance make sense for the theme. A Fjorm + Nifl duo was inevitable after all the tsundere mom energy the latter has and I think that's nice at least. Their duo convo is going to be hilarious.

But yeah, I'm skipping this too. Heck, my drive to pull on seasonals is already at rock bottom without a spark anyway.

A banner consisting of four female characters and the lone male being the freebie. That's a FEH banner alright. 

I guess I'll be saving my orbs since I don't have any strong feelings on any of the four girls present. The only Ice envoy I'm partial towards is Nils and he's free.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is that less true than any of the other banners like this we've seen? Khadein has no official designs, just the generic mage sprites. Nor does the Fire Tribe, just the aesthetic of the general Oni Savage class. Same with Plegia, that's just how sorcerers look in Awakening regardless as to where they're from.

At least the others attires match more with the theme. You look at Khadein Nino or Claude and understand that they are using clothes fitting for a desert place. I can't look at the sorcerer attire and say "ah right, this goes well with people from a cold and freezing weather location".

The fact that we have 3 known characters from the Ice Tribe in Fates, but 2 of them use Nohrian Maid outfits and 1 uses a generic sorcerer attire... yeah, they didn't have anything to be based on.

However, we could believe that these outfits are from a themed festival that happen on the Ice Tribe that they celebrate annually or something, instead of having outfits that people wear daily.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

However, we could believe that these outfits are from a themed festival that happen on the Ice Tribe that they celebrate annually or something

... Japanese School Girl Appreciation Day?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I might be able to accept it if this really was a school based banner, but that this is an Ice Tribe one keeps throwing me. Why does everyone look so similar to boot?

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

... Japanese School Girl Appreciation Day?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I might be able to accept it if this really was a school based banner, but that this is an Ice Tribe one keeps throwing me. Why does everyone look so similar to boot?

LOL

Honestly, I can explain those clothes... Nothing makes sense to me. It is what they say in their quotes: "snow-and-ice festival" and that's all.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

LOL

Honestly, I can explain those clothes... Nothing makes sense to me. It is what they say in their quotes: "snow-and-ice festival" and that's all.

Maybe they're showing off how little the cold bothers them?

You know actually would have been great on this banner? Sigune

Portrait_sigune_fe06.png

My bias for minor boss characters knows no bounds, but even putting that aside, there are many, many Heroes fans who have never been exposed to but would absolutely go for the sexy, vampy, slightly older lady with blue lipstick and a beauty mark in just the right place. I'm sure she would sell.

Edited by Jotari

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I didn't learn a thing about the Ice tribe

That's because this isn't an Ice Tribe after all. It probably was one originally......until IS realized there was so little to work with there they decided it was easier to make it a Nifl banner instead.

Literally the only mention of the Ice Tribe is in the name of Felicia's axe. 

Inviting Fjorm was a mistake

I mean, it's not like we knew anything about the fire tribe either, other than that Rinkah is a member of it. And Muspell was, hilariously, considerate enough not to make it about himself.

On 9/5/2024 at 8:13 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Reginn's epithet, "Dvergr Heir", is "小人の国の後継者" (kobito no kuni no kōkeisha), "Successor to the Kingdom of Dwarves".

Dvergr Wayfinder is "ニザヴェリルの理槍" (nizaveriru no risō), "Nidavellir's Principles Lance". "理槍" (risō) is a novel compound translating as "lance of reason" or "lance of principles". However, it's probably not a coincidence that it's also a homophone with "理想" (risō), "ideals".

Added Reginn's epithet and weapon from the Tempest Trials to the translation notes.