Special Heroes: Festival Guide

Man, I kinda wanted to see Idunn and F!Alear as a Harmonized Hero but I suppose this works fine. Too bad IS once again forgot that Harmonized Heroes need to be used in Resonant Battles for maximum scoring, because Nagi & Idunn here will be as useless in Resonant Battles as A!Tiki & Y!Tiki are.

Oh, and Yarne joins the "Has Been Used as a Grail Unit Twice" club since they already gave him that NY alt. The lack of female TT units this year (NY F!Kana is still the only one) is really pissing me off now.

I really wish they didn't reuse Yarne for the TT+ reward unit.

I'm not opposed to Yarne in general, just the fact that he's been used as a TT+ reward twice.

However, I also think it would've been cool to get, say, a seasonal Ranulf instead of our second Yarne as well, you know? Ranulf still only has his base version and it's definitely outdated. Or Caineghis, even. We could've used one of the dudes instead of a second Lethe, although Lethe's NY and base forms are also very outdated so I guess it's fine?

I'm glad we're getting more skills for dragons and armors to use, but I wish they'd speed up the rate that they get added to the standard (or LME) summoning pool.

Also, it's a bit annoying that Rearmed Grima is still the only armored skill duplicator.

Also, it's a bit annoying that we're getting the Def/Res version of Twin Near Save and the Atk/Res version of Twin Far Save, as those are less generally useful stat combinations at those ranges. Def/Res is generally less useful than Atk/Def against melee units except on dragons, who want to activate Scowl, and Atk/Res is generally less useful than Def/Res against ranged units because there is more damage-type diversity among ranged attackers.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Man, I kinda wanted to see Idunn and F!Alear as a Harmonized Hero but I suppose this works fine. Too bad IS once again forgot that Harmonized Heroes need to be used in Resonant Battles for maximum scoring, because Nagi & Idunn here will be as useless in Resonant Battles as A!Tiki & Y!Tiki are.

I'm not that concerned since it stopped being a big issue after Emblem Celica was released.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Partial return of Dragonween, huh.

I will be an annoying nerd and say that technically Dragonween never went away because we had Flayn last year. I mean, if we count Halloween Sophia and Halloween Xane who also can't turn into dragons I don't see why we shouldn't count Flayn.

And Askr is called a Divine Dragon in this game sooo... Halloween Embla next year?

Anyway, now we can strike Nagi, Idunn and Nah off the list, so the remaining candidates are:

- Embla

- Ymir

- Nifl

- Muspell

- Both Alears

- Lumera

- Sombron

- Veyle

- Nel & Nil

- Seteth

- Both Kanas

- Garon

- Lilith

- Anankos

- The Rainbow Sage

- Nasir

- Gareth

- Almheda

- Fae

- Morva

- Julius

- Medeus

That's 25 characters right there and I'm surely forgetting someone. So yeah, Dragonween will last for a long time still.

Which I don't mind as long as they use it as an excuse to give love to more neglected dragons like Nah and Nagi.

Edited by GrandeRampel

I like Yarne, but I will admit that I would've preferred seeing a character like Caineghis get an alt here instead, or someone like Nasir being added like his granddaughter, especially if they were going to push the poor guy back into the Grail poll again.

Other than that, the only character that interests me on this banner is Askr.

Edited by Medeus

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not that concerned since it stopped being a big issue after Emblem Celica was released.

That's easy to say when you have Emblem Celica. 

I still don't have her on my end, and I'm expecting that I'll need the spark on E!Sigurd's banner to get her.

much as I like Idunn I am skipping this banner in hopes of Elphin on the new heroes banner this month.  Armor units as harmonics are annoying because they are useless in the mode they are for, they have wings in their art why can't they fly instead?  I wish the TT was Nasir to join his family in celebrating.

Another year, another case of Mae and Boey being snubbed. That sore spot aside….ew, I thought we left dragonween behind.

Lugh taking Idun trick or treating could have been cute but apparently Heroes forgot they made them buddies. It have been a way more interesting duo that with Nagi at least.

Its a good thing Gigachad Askr is so buffed otherwise his back would hurt from carrying the banner.

I was hoping Alphonse might have been a chance Ranulf might have got other appearance ... hope waning ... although new years still has potential.

As for this banner, I really like Askr's angel design, but noy sure if I'm spending orbs on this.

Anyways, here are the usual translation notes:

The banner name, "Festival Guide", is "収穫祭の楽しみ方" (shūkaku-sai no tanoshimi kata), "How To Enjoy a Harvest Festival".

Askr's epithet, "Open Harvest", is "開かれし収穫祭" (hirakareshi shūkaku-sai), "Opened Harvest Festival".

Horn of Harvest is "開かれし祭の角" (hirakareshi matsuri no tsuno), "Horns of the Opened Festival".

Sturdy Beast is "堅固なる獣" (kengo-naru kemono), "Sturdy Beast".

Connected World is "人と神が繋がる世界" (hito to kami ga tsunagaru sekai), "A World [Where] People and Gods are Connected".

Lethe's epithet, "Cat Attack", is "戦士を支える実り" (senshi o sasaeru minori), "Warrior-Sustaining Harvest".

Hungry Cat Fang is "感謝の戦猫の爪牙" (kansha no senbyō no sōga), "Claws and Fangs of the Thankful War Cat".

Nah's epithet, "Grateful One", is "実りに感謝の心を" (minori ni kansha no kokoro o), "[Having a] Heart That Is Thankful of the Harvest".

Stone of Delights is "収穫の喜びの竜石" (shūkaku no yorokobi no ryūseki), "Dragonstone of the Harvest's Rejoicing".

Dragon's Scales is "竜の堅鱗" (ryū no kenrin), "Dragon's Tough Scales".

D/R Twin N Save is "盾の護り手・近・双" (tate no mamori-te: kin: sō), "Shield Guardian: Close / Dual". As with the other Save skills and some other skill series (like Session), "盾" (tate), "shield", is used for the Def/Res stat combination.

Nagi's epithet, "Hopeful Eternity", is "悠久の収穫祭" (yūkyū no shūkaku-sai), "Everlasting Harvest Festival".

Opposing Stones is "神魔の双竜の竜石" (shinma no sōryū no ryūseki), "Dragonstone of the Divine/Demon Dual Dragons".

A/R Twin F Save is "兜の護り手・遠・双" (kabuto no mamori-te: en: sō), "Helmet Guardian: Far / Dual". As with the other Save skills, "兜" (kabuto), "helmet", is used for the Atk/Res stat combination.

Yarne's epithet, "Trick or Taguel", is "タグエルの収穫祭" (tagueru no shūkaku-sai), "Taguel's Harvest Festival".

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

That's easy to say when you have Emblem Celica. 

The point is that a viable solution (honestly, "viable" is an understatement) now exists that didn't exist when Harmonized Awakening Tiki was released. It goes without saying that you need to actually have the solution available, but the fact that there is a solution now when there wasn't one before makes the mobility issue not a big issue anymore.

It also helps that (1) the current solution gets frequent and scheduled reruns and (2) there are enough alternative Harmonized Heroes for both games they are representing that you likely won't have to resort to using this particular unit if you don't have said solution.