OMG it's a tier list

Florete

Well technically BromT can use the Short Axe if you transfer it with Leanne/Nealuchi from 2-P and he got at least B rank in axes in PoR (His base rank in RD is too low)

Brom doesn't have an Axe rank in PoR. Generals use Lances and Swords there.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ilyana should be merged the only difference between her transferred self is hitting better and harder but a forge can fix that for Ilyana and she's probably more useful like that because she can weaken enemies for others to get kills instead of taking them (I compared them in a recent run ^^'). She levels too slowly in part 1 and even with transfers her durability is too low and she has trouble doubling anyway and is outranked by part 3 regardless of transfers or not. However I think she should move above Nealuchi. He'll never get to S strike so he's probably not going to be training material, he's also got around 5 chapters before endgame so he ties her there but she has more availability than him and if we were to train both she'll have more opportunities to grow compared to him since getting strike is a lot harder on HM.

One question. By when do Ulki and Jannaff get SS strike? Or do they never get there in an efficient run?

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Not a very convincing argument.

I have already mentioned these numbers. Kysha takes 99 BEXP initially, then in the 3-7 base, he takes maybe 80EXP (since he gained some CEXP in 3-4), then you do the same in the 3-8 base. The total cost is somewhere in between 7000 and 8000 varying on how much CEXP he gets. That puts him on 26AS, also known as "fine for the rest of Part 3". 34ATK is a little bit below Ulki, so he's a reasonable canditate for a Drop: Ulki's not in urgent need because he has much more reliable Adept proc rates, but he sees more combat in general.

Now, for Kysha to have 28AS for Part 4, he needs more Blossom. Two more levels, to be accurate. That seems like a lot given how much we gave him already, but it comes after you have access to a huge amount of BEXP from the CRKs and taking that BEXP isn't so bad because it comes just before a huge windfall at the end of Part 3. Moreover, all that CEXP he gains between 3-8, 3-10, and 3-11 (a non-negligible amount) cuts the amount we need to give him. I specify doing this before Part 4 starts, because even though you can give him a Blossom level in 4-2, it means he's stuck with Blossom for the rest of the chapter, and as I've discussed Blossom is bad if you gain good CEXP as Kysha does in Part 4. Kysha almost certainly has S Strike as well; over his six Part 3 chapters, he would only need to enter combat 6 times per chapter when he doubles. That is easily manageable. So at the start of Part 4, he's sitting on 41ATK/28AS... which is pretty good, all things considered. He can go to the desert, or to 4-2 as he pleases: he can feasibly reach 30AS for 4-3. But his attack is still an issue. 41ATK doesn't 2HKO much. Sadly he's still in the position of only ORKOing Sages and Bishops reliably. A Drop fixes that to some extent but even with the Drop he's short on Halberdiers and Generals. Alternatively, you could try Adept, since his speed isn't so bad and he perpetually 3HKOes. Now that I consider it, Resolve isn't such a bad idea just to buff his proc rate with Adept. I found that I wasn't really using Resolve much myself in Part 4 and just using it as an easy durability fix for frailer units.

So really, Kysha's speed is pretty fixable with Blossom and BEXP, but his strength remains an issue. He's perpetually short of ORKOing. The question is, is that so much worse than certain low tier units? Makalov is never reliably going to 2HKO and has movement issues. He's much harder to dig out of his hole since it's just as expensive to BEXP him, you have to do it for more levels, and you can't even Blossom slowplay. Sigrun makes Kysha's strength and speed look good. She is not going to double in 4-3 full stop. Even with a max mt silver forge she struggles to match Kysha's attack. And her durability is miles behind Kysha. She also lacks the option of switching to Hawk Army.

It's true that Kyza is pretty much a mediocre growth unit who issues with ORKOing but his combat performance is actually better than some of the Mid tiers even. Doubling is on the other side of the moon for Aran and Soren doesn't double either. Kyza also has the perks of 9 move and high durability so there's definitely merit in training him as a serious combat unit.

It's true that Kyza is pretty much a mediocre growth unit who issues with ORKOing but his combat performance is actually better than some of the Mid tiers even. Doubling is on the other side of the moon for Aran and Soren doesn't double either. Kyza also has the perks of 9 move and high durability so there's definitely merit in training him as a serious combat unit.

Most of the mid tiers have some form of "utility" though (like Soren chips stuff in 3-P and 3-1). Kyza is probably better than Soren when he shows up...but he's still not very good really. Also, on the flip side of 9 Mov and relatively high durability is dealing with gauge and a 1-range lock. Kyza's not that bad, but he's never very good without a number of coveted resources.

I don't agree with Kyza over Makalov. Just because Makalov has less availability won't stop him getting many levels with paragon. In my recent run I had Marcia sitting at level 18, and Astrid at level 15 by the end of 3-E.

I took.

5 turns on 2-3

4 on 3-9

5 on 3-11

5 on 3-E

Both had paragon although Marcia had 3 bexp levels on 3-9 and had both boss kills (2-3 and 3-9). I was more focused funneling kills for Astrid than Marcia on 3-11 and 3-E. I'm sure Makalov can get that many levels too with paragon and he'll have good speed by Part 4 and hand axes over Kyza.

I've tried. Answer is no, as there is not enough time. Even then, it doesn't really help.

Try harder, because it's possible to get him to S strike in 2-P. (I found the strat for NM & EM, and I also found it for HM now, but i'm looking for a less RNG reliant adaptation.)

34 atk instead of 29, which is the difference between 2RKOing and 3RKOing most of the paladins in 4-P. Also ensures he 3RKOs the generals as opposed to taking over 10 rounds, so it is pretty significant. Gauge and 1 range lock still hurts him though, but considering his contributions to part 1 he's perfectly fine where he is. For reference, those draco knights have like 50-60 hit on him and most of them 4RKO him, so it isn't too unreasonable to think he might survive each turn with concoctions but I question the value in wasting all that exp which would be quite good on Haar/Marcia.

34 atk instead of 29, which is the difference between 2RKOing and 3RKOing most of the paladins in 4-P. Also ensures he 3RKOs the generals as opposed to taking over 10 rounds, so it is pretty significant. Gauge and 1 range lock still hurts him though, but considering his contributions to part 1 he's perfectly fine where he is. For reference, those draco knights have like 50-60 hit on him and most of them 4RKO him, so it isn't too unreasonable to think he might survive each turn with concoctions but I question the value in wasting all that exp which would be quite good on Haar/Marcia.

Hmmm... I dunno; exposing Nealuchi to that much combat untransformed sounds rather dicey when he's facing hit rates in the 50s and 60s, imo...

The 2-P exp really can only go to either Haar or Marcia. Marcia doesn't need it because she's too much of a pain to raise up. The horseslayer for 2-3 doesn't need more stats on her to be used.

Haar wants the exp but doesn't really get much from these weaklings. It's nice but not great. He'll still be about the same as he is without the exp.

What you WILL miss is the Short Axe the boss drops.