Do you find someone's race a turn-off?

General Spoon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to quanta, Red Fox of Fire, Phoenix, and Yuli herself (and anyone else I may have forgotten) for saying what I was trying to say much clearer than I could. This really didn't warrant 4 or 5 extra pages, though, people. Especially you, Revan, since you admitted in dragging out the point just to argue. It makes life hard for people who like to read the whole thread, like me. :(

I get what you're saying, but try to think less of race and more of behavior.

That's what she already does, like she said. Though you admitted to not reading the last few pages, so I guess expecting you to know would be unfair.

Skimmed first few pages..........decided not to read the rest.

It's a little hard for me to make a generalization like this, but I can kind of answer it. Skin color doesn't really bother me unless it's extremely white/black/orange/green(/stupid joke), but some physical features that are more common with a certain group bother me. Girls from the Ukraine/Belarus are usually built a little differently, and that seems strange to me. The huge lips some African-american girls have does the same thing. There's a little more, but I'm getting tired. Maybe I'll post the rest later.

... oh, and to actually reply to the topic;

I honestly can't think of a race that I plain out can't find attractive individuals in. So, I guess it's more about individual appearance than just racial features.

hmm Black dudes as cool as most of them are, arent my bag..they dont really appeal to me in that way...

generally, i dont think any one race is truly unattractive..it really depends..I have odd standards in that sort of department (sexual attraction) so...hmmm...

This planet is a realm of tragedy. There's no commen sense in trusting anyone. Why get worked up cause Yuli doeesn't trust black guys as much as other races? It's not wrong, even if Yuli's not trying to fix it, because "Why bother?" Why fix what's not broken? It's a lack of trust. That's not wrong. Trusting others more based on a lack of specific and consistent occurences isn't wrong either. It's just CAUSE AND EFFECT. I honestly don't understand why the trust thing is even an issue. It's not like the people we run into are going to be living with us or even seeing us again. Kinda pointless...

Like I said earlier the problem with that is if a person who's not trusting of one due to race it creates DISCRIMINATION because they will treat that person usually in a worse manner than they would treat others. That is the problem with stereotyping race and ethnicity. That is an outer trait of people and to stereotype automatically can only make things worse. Many times more subculture and distrust occurs from the initial sterotype that reinforces the prejudice. In the United States black men are are statistically more prone to harassment and stops by the police than any other ethnic group regardless of the class (that means rich, middle-class, or poor) of the man because for some reason they are more "criminal, suspisicious, and untrustworty". Most of these people are doing nothing wrong but suffer due to some officer's lack of trust based on gender and skin color. Its different streotyping for example a known theif by not trusting than than someone based on race. Juat because Obama was elected does not mean racism, prejudice, and discrimination still don't exist in all truth they could get worse as more of it might be swept under the carpet and be what we call institutionalized racism which has increasingly happened since the 1970's.

It makes more sense to distrust based on environment and perhaps circumstances under which that person was met than just skin color. Oh yeah and a comment to Paradox physical apperance isn't neccessarily linked to culture. Clothes and other outward things as such are different. For example a black looking hispanic raised by two people in the Steppes of Mongolia is going to act culturally different than one from America but you may not be able to tell from initial physical appearance only from clothes, dialect, and such.

Question

Out of curiosity I'd like to reverse the topic a little bit has anybody ever been turned on more to somebody of the opposite sex due to their race or because their features complement it?

Edited by killaGAW

Like I said earlier the problem with that is if a person who's not trusting of one due to race it creates DISCRIMINATION because they will treat that person usually in a worse manner than they would treat others. That is the problem with stereotyping race and ethnicity. That is an outer trait of people and to stereotype automatically can only make things worse. Many times more subculture and distrust occurs from the initial sterotype that reinforces the prejudice. In the United States black men are are statistically more prone to harassment and stops by the police than any other ethnic group regardless of the class (that means rich, middle-class, or poor) of the man because for some reason they are more "criminal, suspisicious, and untrustworty". Most of these people are doing nothing wrong but suffer due to some officer's lack of trust based on gender and skin color. Its different streotyping for example a known theif by not trusting than than someone based on race. Juat because Obama was elected does not mean racism, prejudice, and discrimination still don't exist in all truth they could get worse as more of it might be swept under the carpet and be what we call institutionalized racism which has increasingly happened since the 1970's.
"Livin in Americaaaaa...." :P

Hm. Also I don't think it's hard to find an attractive person from any race. Whites, blacks, latinos, ♥asians♥, indians, whatever else there is...

Also about your question ♥AZNS♥AZNS♥AZNS♥

Edited by Phoenix

... oh, and to actually reply to the topic;

I honestly can't think of a race that I plain out can't find attractive individuals in. So, I guess it's more about individual appearance than just racial features.

Agreed. I have yet to find a race that doesn't satisfy me. >_>

Well generally it seems to be that its easier to find an unattractive person than attractive. If somebody looks good that means that they stand out.

Obviously, since everybody has a personal preference. You better be mad at this, since you'd get laid a lot more if this wasn't the case.

I generally prefer tanned skin. And blonde hair is okay, too. But white people, you know those "ruffskin" whites. I generally don't get turned on by them. :/

Now, my opinion on girls, rofl.

Slutty = disgusting.

I like girls that are smart and don't take pride in their "hotness". They must be "hot" though. :P AKA, there are few.

Edited by Eltoshen

Obviously, since everybody has a personal preference. You better be mad at this, since you'd get laid a lot more if this wasn't the case.

I generally prefer tanned skin. And blonde hair is okay, too. But white people, you know those "ruffskin" whites. I generally don't get turned on by them. :/

Slutty = disgusting.

I like girls that are smart and don't take pride in their "hotness". They must be "hot" though. :P AKA, there are few.

You mean girls that are hot and don't know it, so you can take advantage of them because they don't know they could get way better guys? :P

You mean girls that are hot and don't know it, so you can take advantage of them because they don't know they could get way better guys? :P

:blink:

Wait... those girls exist? well I really need to meet one, you think there is an asian girl like that? huh??? Someday Ill find this legendary girl you are talking about ... someday mark my words !!!

I find White and Latina girls most attractive. Even though I'm black, i've never really been attracted to black girls. I don't know why, though.

You're just like me. I'm black myself but i was never really attracted to black girls. It is weird.

You're just like me. I'm black myself but i was never really attracted to black girls. It is weird.
Some white guys I used to know kept bragging about liking black girls. Then there's this new Black on Asian trend that's been bugging me. Then there's the "I'm a mut so where do I fit into all of this?" thing. Stereotypes, Interracial idiocy, muts, dating sites devoted to specific races, where does it end? I'm so tired...

hmm Black dudes as cool as most of them are, arent my bag..they dont really appeal to me in that way...

This. Black skin tone just doesn’t appeal me I guess…

I imagine it's more like a girl that is hot, but isn't materialistic. She could perfectly know that she's attractive, but she doesn't let that make her look down on others or have a big ego. Basically, my ideal girl. I have seen some like that, but they are usually already taken or in college. (well, early 20's, in other words. that applies to a girl in my church, who's 21)

Wait... those girls exist? well I really need to meet one, you think there is an asian girl like that? huh??? Someday Ill find this legendary girl you are talking about ... someday mark my words !!!

Even if you do find some, I imagine they'd be already taken. (that's usually the case for me, see a girl I'd like, and find out she's already with somebody)

Slutty = disgusting.

Looking at your opinion on girls. It seems like you better be mad too because if that wasn't the case you would get laid a lot more.

Even if you do find some, I imagine they'd be already taken. (that's usually the case for me, see a girl I'd like, and find out she's already with somebody)

Yeah I am actually in that situation, the three girls I like are already with somebody so ahh bad luck :(

Anyway I've come up to realize that in fact most asians (to me) are ugly BUT there are always exceptions and these are beautiful. So I still wanna meet a beautiful Japanese or Chinese girl, because they would totally turn me on more than any other beautiful girl of any other race (Seriously I would explode of pure desire)

Asian women are generally gorgeous..theres something in the genes there..

(omg 100th post)

Do you even know any Asian women? >_>

Um... (most) black men, and asian men.

Also, Indian people.