Save my DS

Mr.Shiu and Watch

That happened to me. Partners In Time is a terrible, frustrating game.

I managed to snap it back in. Just look at the way it's supposed to be in there. If it's the DS Phat, just look at it carefully and wedge the hinge back to where it should be, and be careful when you're opening/closing it. However, if you drop the DS, say goodbye, and watch out when your mom drops it for you and you have to get a new DS, but that breaks too, and then you get a 3rd DS but 3 months later you get bored of video games.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. How did the thing get unhinged, anyway?

As for what we can do to help, I honestly can't say since that's never happened to me. But honestly, if you're careful with it from the outset the hinge shouldn't be much of a problem anyway.

That happened to me. Partners In Time is a terrible, frustrating game.

You should be dragged into the street and shot for such blasphamy.

jk, but PiT is amazing.

If it has a warranty, send it to Nintendo.

Broken hinge is a known product defect. Nintendo should have recalled every single DS lite but they couldn't be bothered. Why? It is far cheaper to let the things break and then repair the thing for free.

So once it breaks you ring up Nintendo and if they ask you to pay you tell them how your freinds didn't have to pay and that it is a known product defect...or you hang up and hope you get put through to someone else...

Nintendo has excellent customer service..Do NOT be afraid of calling them up and asking about repair options...never once have i had to pay to send my item to be repaired (and i had to do that three seperate occasions on three separate console/handhelds)..

I have DS Fatty, and it lasted me many moons...hmmm...like i said, try calling Nintendo..Gamestop sucks for that sort of thing

I have dropped my ds lite numerous times, i have had it for a year and a half, never go a week without playing yet the hinge shows no signs whatsoever of it breaking.

You should probably send it to Nintendo to get it repaired, i am pretty sure it is free but i may be mistaken.

WHAT! o__o

Blow on it?

An injoke. The primary method you'd use with failing Nintendo cartridges in the day to fix them was to blow in them. And if you were hot shit, you knew to cover it with your shirt so you wouldn't get spit in it.

Edited by Esau of Isaac