• Really bad
    • One of the worst ideas ever
    • The worst idea ever
    • I'm a loser and don't think its a bad addition

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tripping is a charming little reminder from the developers: "Hey, this is a party game, and don't you forget it." It's a not-so-polite slap in the face for the tourneyfags.

I once last a match as a result of tripping five times throughout...

against me : D

tripping was the most amazing idea EVAR. It saved me from getting FSed in the face over 20 times ^_^

Tripping is a charming little reminder from the developers: "Hey, this is a party game, and don't you forget it." It's a not-so-polite slap in the face for the tourneyfags.

Actually, that's completely contradictory to what I was gonna say here.

Tripping has advantages and disadvantages. If you're chasing after your enemy, it's a bad thing because it gives them a chance to attack you. However, tripping gives a few invincibility frames (during the trip, not when you land) so if you accidentally run into somebody's attack, there's a small chance of you not being punished.

In essence, it increases the luck factor of Brawl, which is nice because the only thing close to luck that you needed to frequently worry about in Melee was the cloud on Yoshi's Island (err, Yoshi's Story? whichever one was a neutral stage), and Game&Watch's neutral-special and side-special, neither of which are used much by higher-level players.

Actually, that's completely contradictory to what I was gonna say here.

Tripping has advantages and disadvantages. If you're chasing after your enemy, it's a bad thing because it gives them a chance to attack you. However, tripping gives a few invincibility frames (during the trip, not when you land) so if you accidentally run into somebody's attack, there's a small chance of you not being punished.

In essence, it increases the luck factor of Brawl, which is nice because the only thing close to luck that you needed to frequently worry about in Melee was the cloud on Yoshi's Island (err, Yoshi's Story? whichever one was a neutral stage), and Game&Watch's neutral-special and side-special, neither of which are used much by higher-level players.

Nothing good come of tripping, you have lag no matter what

Increasing luck in any competitive game detracts from its competitiveness.

i guess im the only one who finds it a good idea...i like it...its funny! even when the battle is all intense and yer all "ILL FUCKIN KILL YOU" and BAM you trip...its HILARIOUS coupled with that sound effect...the only part i dont like about is when im going to rush someone with a dash attack and bam...trip..although i laugh everytime it happens!

I find it amusing. Especially during tight matches where I got 30% and my opponent has 90%. He would have Ike or some other heavy hitting character, he uses smash attack, I try dodging it only to fall right beneath the stupid attack, resulting in a lost because the attack can kill so easy at that point.

Edited by Blaze340