Mist solo

Florete

I won't be doing this run for a while, but I want to since Mist is my favorite character in this game. Here's what I'll do:

1. When Mist is around, have her do as much as possible. I obviously can't have her doing everything from the start, she just isn't good enough. By promotion she should be good to go though.

2. When she promotes, give her Savior and have her rescue Ike, her support partner. This way she can run around alone with +2 attack, +2 defense, and +23 avoid.

3. Use any and all stat boosters on her.

4. When Mist isn't around, beat the chapter as efficiently as possible. This means max BEXP and getting any item that could be remotely useful for Mist.

5. Pray to the RNG Gods for good stats.

6. Normal mode only.

The only issue I've come to is beating 4-E-5. With max stats + Vague Katti + Ike support + 2 Blood tides + White Pool she can 27 X 2 = 54 damage no-cover auras per round, 108 per turn with a heron, killing it. To auras with cover, she does 17 X 4 = 68 damage, effectively 28 per turn because of Mantle increasing the health by 40, so she 4-turns them.

The problem is Spirits and making sure they don't get in the way. If they attack her, she can't counter with Vague Katti; if they don't, I doubt the dragons can kill them. Theoretically, I could give Nasir Provoke so they might only attack him, but his accuracy always sucks and he doesn't double, so killing them would be the issue because they'll stack up.

Keeping Ike and the dragons alive shouldn't be a problem either. I just need to buy a fuckton of Pure Waters and Concoctions and save 4 shots of Laguz Gem. What I really need to know is, do Spirits stop coming after a certain amount of turns? If they do, I can hold Ike and the dragons off while Mist kills them and then kill Ashera and her Auras after they're gone.

There are some holes in this, but I'm sure they can be filled in in some way. If you have any suggestions/spot any issues, say so.

Staff aboose on the cave chapter. you'll save BEXP and it won't be hard to max her in all stats. if you're planning on using Reyson with Mist this is a good level to raise Reyson too. just make 2 people stand on some flame tiles, and recover them using staves with Mist. It'll also be easier if she has Paragon, but I'm not sure she has the capacity...

Make her cap everything before she promotes, and you'll have no problems having her cap her stats as a valkyrie.

:P

Staff aboose on the cave chapter. you'll save BEXP and it won't be hard to max her in all stats. if you're planning on using Reyson with Mist this is a good level to raise Reyson too. just make 2 people stand on some flame tiles, and recover them using staves with Mist. It'll also be easier if she has Paragon, but I'm not sure she has the capacity...

Make her cap everything before she promotes, and you'll have no problems having her cap her stats as a valkyrie.

:P

I never thought of that. That's a great idea.

That is going to be one difficult solo. Not sure if it might actually work saying its Normal mode. =/

Easy mode would be too easy. :P

Can't you just use Vague Katti -> equip Alondite for Enemy Phase?

I thought about that, but then there's the issue of whether or not she'd be attacked. I can't give her Provoke because she needs Nihil and the dragons/Ike are more likely targets.

When there are no units to trade with her? No

edit: nvm.. it's apparently not a solo.

4-E-5 would be literally impossible without the use of the Dragons. She wouldn't double or do nearly enough damage. I think this is a fair exception.

That's gonna be a tough solo. Good luck with it whenever you get around to it. I think you could use Alondite on the auras that aren't on the cover tiles cause it's only 2 less Mt than Vague Katti. You could bring base level Zihark with an arms scroll used on him to get the Alondite blessed but that might be against the whole solo thing.

Mist's among my favourite characters too, as it turns out. Best of luck in this run!

Ike's definitely her best support partner, so good job on that. But I think (needless to say) you make sure he caps skill so that he won't goof up the fight against Ashera.

edit: nvm.. it's apparently not a solo.

I can't think of many solos that would be possible without some backup. :P Besides, Mist will still be doing all the work.

Out of curiosity, does Imbue work on Mist?

I never thought of that. That's a great idea.

Easy mode would be too easy. :P

I thought about that, but then there's the issue of whether or not she'd be attacked. I can't give her Provoke because she needs Nihil and the dragons/Ike are more likely targets.

What if you gave her Parity instead?

Then again, that would get rid of the dragons and supports...

Mist's among my favourite characters too, as it turns out. Best of luck in this run!

Ike's definitely her best support partner, so good job on that. But I think (needless to say) you make sure he caps skill so that he won't goof up the fight against Ashera.

I can't think of many solos that would be possible without some backup. :P Besides, Mist will still be doing all the work.

Out of curiosity, does Imbue work on Mist?

no, but it works on Elincia.

talk about favoritism. <__<

Can't you support her with Mia or someone else with an Atk support and rescue her, and then let Nasir or whoever else hold Ike (you have 2 Saviors anyway), so you do more damage?

Can't you support her with Mia or someone else with an Atk support and rescue her, and then let Nasir or whoever else hold Ike (you have 2 Saviors anyway), so you do more damage?

I'd love to, but she needs Nihil so she won't take damage back from the Auras. Nihil takes all of her capacity and I don't have anyone to heal her unless I have her equip a staff, but then I won't be attacking.

I'm thinking of doing this anyway, yet taking the Laguz Royals so if I just can't finish it with Mist alone at least I have them.

How long do you think it will take before Mist actually goes solo? It's gonna take a lot of chapters but you could do some serious boss abuse in 3-4 if you want to. I'd like to see some videos cause I can't imagine her soloing most of the chapters. Once again, good luck whenever you start it.

Edited by KSFF2150

If you don't use Ike he's going to have bad acurateacy against Ashera so how are you going to kill her?

Throw him the leftover BEXP.

and I don't have anyone to heal her unless I have her equip a staff, but then I won't be attacking.

Use Concoctions every time you took down an Aura?

Use Concoctions every time you took down an Aura?

That would theoretically be the same thing. Using a Concoction uses a turn. Equipping a Recover staff uses a turn. The only true solution I can think of is having her weight on a Healstone after the Auras.

Also, does anyone have that list of what Ashera does every turn? And does anyone know if the Spirits ever stop coming?

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

That would theoretically be the same thing. Using a Concoction uses a turn. Equipping a Recover staff uses a turn. The only true solution I can think of is having her weight on a Healstone after the Auras.

Also, does anyone have that list of what Ashera does every turn? And does anyone know if the Spirits ever stop coming?

From the Chapter Data section:

Ashera has varying attacks that she can use during her turn. They are as follows:

Turn 1: Multiple-target physical attack (Range: All, Might: 52 - [3 x Number of spaces between user and enemy], Hit: 100)

Turn 2: Single-target magical attack (Range: 1~Magic/2, Might: 50, Hit: 100, Weight: 20)

Turn 3: Multiple-target magical attack (Range: All, Might: 50 - [3 x Number of spaces between user and enemy], Hit: 100)

Turn 4: Single-target physical attack (Range:1~Magic/2, Might: 50, Hit: 100, Weight: 20)

Turn 5: Multiple-target Silence attack (Range: All, Hit 100)

Turn 6-9: Same as Turn 1-4

Turn 10: Multiple-target Stun attack (Range: All, Hit: 100)

Turn 11+: Cycles through all the above

As for the spirits...I dunno if they stop coming. I would guess yes, but I always defeated her before I could find out.