My FE5 Headdesk Topic

General Spoon

Kill him or kill all enemies?

Either way, it's going to be tough.

Killing the boss won't stop the reinforcement IIRC...

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to kill Barat. After 15 turns the chapter should finish.

What??? I have to kill him and then wait for 15 more turns??? That is impossible. The reinforcements are crazy. And Barat doesn't move until turn 20. If I send my army there, they won't last 15 turns.

It may just end now when you kill the boss, but I can't really tell. You'll need to just try it, I guess.

If all else fails, restart the chapter and take out Barat ASAP.

Edited by Drayano

I would like to use the headdesk to rant about Chapter 14.

Damn ballistas and RNG rape ;__;

Chapter 14 was easy. Just don't let anyone leave the town for too long. Check out the villages in the east and west in the first few turns but the villages in the south should be visited near the end of the chapter with Dean. Don't forget to Warp Dean, get Dragon Lance, dance Safy, and Rescue Dean. After that, Dean would be busy trying to get Rezire from the southeast village. When he returns, you can let him take care of the villages directly south of the village.

As for the boss, Asvel can take care of him with Thunder. Just keep him near Nanna and/or Leaf for support. If you're really desperate, you could waste two Grafcaliburs but I wouldn't recommend it. Don't worry about the wyverns and the dark mages. They appear way too late to be of any threat. And note that the chapter ends before the wyverns get their turn but after the red units move in Turn 10.

Now, for my problem. HOW DO I RECRUIT MISHA??? I tried Leaf and even Karin but it doesn't work. I even went as far as completing the chapter with her captured, a process which forced me to waste my last precious Sleep Staff. She still doesn't join me.

Now, for my problem. HOW DO I RECRUIT MISHA??? I tried Leaf and even Karin but it doesn't work. I even went as far as completing the chapter with her captured, a process which forced me to waste my last precious Sleep Staff. She still doesn't join me.

Talk to her with Karin, sleep her and capture her. Do not release her and then complete the chapter, you will get her that way.

Talk to her with Karin, sleep her and capture her. Do not release her and then complete the chapter, you will get her that way.

I tried both of those methods. Or are you saying I should talk to her (with Karin) AND capture her? I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I tried both of those methods. Or are you saying I should talk to her (with Karin) AND capture her? I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Talk with Karin and then you sleep her and then capture.

I now have a much bigger dilemma. Chapter 17A. Cyas has 10 Leadership stars. I thought he comes in Ch 22. What on earth am I supposed to do? Those ArmorKnights have HUGE battle stats (thanks to Cyas). Does Cyas leave (please say yes)? If yes, then which turn dos he leave?

I now have a much bigger dilemma. Chapter 17A. Cyas has 10 Leadership stars. I thought he comes in Ch 22. What on earth am I supposed to do? Those ArmorKnights have HUGE battle stats (thanks to Cyas). Does Cyas leave (please say yes)? If yes, then which turn dos he leave?

He will leave in turn 15, I supposed.

He will leave in turn 15, I supposed.

Yeah, I just saw. He comes at 10 and leaves at 15. But those five turns were the most agonizing five turns I ever experienced in FE history. Thunder only has 28 Hit against an ArmorKnight with Great Sword??? This is insanity.

Yeah, I just saw. He comes at 10 and leaves at 15. But those five turns were the most agonizing five turns I ever experienced in FE history. Thunder only has 28 Hit against an ArmorKnight with Great Sword??? This is insanity.

Then you will love Chapter 22. 40 (IIRC) turns FTW~

Then you will love Chapter 22. 40 (IIRC) turns FTW~

It shouldn't be much problem. After what I heard of 22, I'm willing to waste everything for it. Warp+Dance+Rescue to save all the villages and then remain in your initial position until 40 turns pass. As long as the enemies don't move (which they shouldn't since you'll always be in your starting position), I'll end up completing Ch 22 eventually. I don't care if I get E in Tactics so I'm not worried.

It shouldn't be much problem. After what I heard of 22, I'm willing to waste everything for it. Warp+Dance+Rescue to save all the villages and then remain in your initial position until 40 turns pass. As long as the enemies don't move (which they shouldn't since you'll always be in your starting position), I'll end up completing Ch 22 eventually. I don't care if I get E in Tactics so I'm not worried.

I think there are some of the enemies that come after you, but I could be wrong of course.

Edited by Aida

I think there are some of the enemies that come after you, but I could be wrong of course.

I'll start wasting my * ranked weapons if I have to. Those should take care of generic enemies even with 10+ leadership bonus.

Chapter 22:

Rinehart can also be a slight problem. Make sure you talk to talk to him with Olwen if you have her. It is much easier with Cyas gone, though.

About Chapter 14, do you recommend just keeping everyone near the entrance to Tahra rather than blocking the four entry points with units? Or leaving them about halfway?

I didn't want units to flood the town so I was blocking the exit points, meaning ballistas were a problem until I got Karin to take them out...

No need for that. Warp someone to Cyas and attack him, then rescue the unit. You can't kill Cyas but he will leave on the following turn. Then kill the boss with Asvel and warp Leaf to the throne.

For Tahra, I check the range of the ballistas, then I place my units to block all paths into the very center while staying out of ballista range. If I remember correctly, I used 3 units, and Nanna and Leaf w/ the King Sword were in range of all 3 (so they all got the 20 hit/avoid bonus). It's a very cramped position but you should be able to hold out with some RNG favor.

Edited by skadabra65

I just tried 17A myself and it all went wrong when Cyas came out. Dealing with a bunch of Armour Knights and Mage Knights while Cyas attacks you with a Sleep Staff and you don't have a Restore Staff is just awful ;-;

By the way, any idea who I could give Sunlight Sword to?

By the way, any idea who I could give Sunlight Sword to?

Someone that can take craploads of enemies alone, like Othin