• Zihark
    • Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
  3. 3. Favorite Sentinel

• Aran
    • Devdan
    • Nephenee

I'm guessing Lucia isn't liked as much because of the hair cut and the short playtime. I acutally don't mind the hair cut too much, but the playtime thing does kind of suck

Oh right...forgot about that. Yeah she did get pretty shafted in that aspect.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edward isn't catching up to Zihark's level any time soon. Zihark comes as a level 3 Swordmaster where Edward is lucky if he's yet made it to a level 12 Myrmidon. And yeah, Adept > Wrath.

My Edward was around 14 at that point. D:

In my experience the level gap is far from decisive, let alone a weakness. Edward does gain more experience from the Part 1 enemies than Zihark does, and fights perfectly fine in Part 1. It's perfectly possible to be promoted before the endgame, and Edward only improves dramatically from that point on.

I actually like Lucia. Her only problem is limited playtime. Once in normal I tried using her, and she proved to be pretty effective - she was fair into Trueblade by the end of 4-5. Then again, that might be because Trueblades in general rock. :D

My Edward was around 14 at that point. D:

In my experience the level gap is far from decisive, let alone a weakness. Edward does gain more experience from the Part 1 enemies than Zihark does, and fights perfectly fine in Part 1. It's perfectly possible to be promoted before the endgame, and Edward only improves dramatically from that point on.

I actually like Lucia. Her only problem is limited playtime. Once in normal I tried using her, and she proved to be pretty effective - she was fair into Trueblade by the end of 4-5. Then again, that might be because Trueblades in general rock. :D

My Edward was at level 10. :o

Zihark also performs a hell of a lot better in part 1. He doesn't take axes to the face and he one-rounds more often (I don't feel like pulling out numbers right now). Also, hello Earth affinity.

1. No. He's facing 60+% hit rates from axe users even with the WTA. That's laughable.

It's more like 45-50%. Eddie only faces 60% hit in HM.

OK, let's take your level 14 Eddie that has been the target of favoritism. He's 9 levels behind Zihark.

Zihark fights more enemies than Eddie because he gets 10-15 avo from part 1 with his C support and he can take two hits and not die. Eddie can't do that, contradicting your "fights perfectly fine" contention. This is already huge points for Zihark. A comparison between Zihark and Eddie at those levels reveals that Zihark beats Eddie by 2.5 HP, 4 MT (8 dmg), and 4.5 def. Wow.

When you consider that on average Eddie isn't even level 14, Zihark is beating him by even a larger margin.

Edited by dondon151

Lucia + Zihark support = hax

Lucia's great. 4-5 is nice and easy for leveling her when you give her Paragon.

Zihark kills more of the Part I enemies and is guaranteed to double about 90% of them.

Zihark has an Earth affinity with two earth supports around him.

Zihark has more base Strength.

Zihark has a level lead.

Zihark is reaching third tier faster.

Zihark needs less EXP than Zihark to be good. A lot less.

Edward's starting defense sucks.

HM enemies don't give much EXP anyway. Zihark gains like five from a kill where Edward gains 20. So Edward needs like five kills per level up, and Zihark needs 20. And Zihark can make those kills faster.

Do I need to go on?

Lucia + Zihark support = hax

Lucia's great. 4-5 is nice and easy for leveling her when you give her Paragon.

Earth + Earth support = hax

Especially when it's Ike and Zihark

OK, let's take your level 14 Eddie that has been the target of favoritism. He's 9 levels behind Zihark.

Zihark fights more enemies than Eddie because he gets 10-15 avo from part 1 with his C support and he can take two hits and not die. Eddie can't do that, contradicting your "fights perfectly fine" contention. This is already huge points for Zihark. A comparison between Zihark and Eddie at those levels reveals that Zihark beats Eddie by 2.5 HP, 4 MT (8 dmg), and 4.5 def. Wow.

When you consider that on average Eddie isn't even level 14, Zihark is beating him by even a larger margin.

OK, let's take your level 14 Eddie that has been the target of favoritism.
the target of favoritism.
favoritism.
FAVOURITISM.

awesome_med.png

Tier thread's that-a-way: the thread's about your favourite, not the one ultimate supreme unit. Believe it or not, I couldn't care less if all four other trueblades were better than Edward, I'd still use him, simply because he's my favourite. I'm not fond of saying there's one unit better than the other (which I admittedly made the mistake of doing so in a previous post, and for that apologise), as they all fit into someone's strategy and fill out a different role of any component of teams - why have more than one unit per class, after all?

Seeing as how some got the (understandable, following the usual internet forum routine) idea that the discussion was about who's better rather than who's "worthwhile", I felt the need to stretch this.

I read they were supposed to support in PoR. Imagine Ike supporting Soren, Oscar and Zihark.

Oscar gets Tanith instead.

Zihark has Ike's move at least.

I really would've liked to see a few of those, especially Shinon x Calill.

Edited by Emperor Alvis

Tier thread's that-a-way: the thread's about your favourite, not the one ultimate supreme unit. Believe it or not, I couldn't care less if all four other trueblades were better than Edward, I'd still use him, simply because he's my favourite. I'm not fond of saying there's one unit better than the other (which I admittedly made the mistake of doing so in a previous post, and for that apologise), as they all fit into someone's strategy and fill out a different role of any component of teams - why have more than one unit per class, after all?

Seeing as how some got the (understandable, following the usual internet forum routine) idea that the discussion was about who's better rather than who's "worthwhile", I felt the need to stretch this.

They probably got the idea that this was a debate about Edward being better than Zihark because of something you said (which you even admitted to in the parentheses earlier in your quote).

I'm not sure where all the Edward hate is coming from - having heard strong opinion against him due to babying, I expected to have a nightmare of a time raising him in Hard Mode...but by the time 1-6 came around he was one of the units I could worry the least about.Once he gets to at least Swordmaster, he trumps Zihark and Mia. His troubles are practically over by that point.

Emphasis mine.

Also. Most people cannot distinguish liking a unit because as a character they're a pretty cool guy or liking them as a unit because they solo the map. That's why chicks get overrated (See: Lakche) and guys that aren't professional badasses don't. Which is why debates on a characters's usefulness in a topic like this is amusing at best.