Ewan

Erk

I have the Premotion screen up now, but I cant decide between Sage or Mage Knight. (I finished this PT and im going through the Tower)

Edited by Erk23

Why didn't you make him a Shaman so he could be a decent dark magic unit?

Anyways, I'd go with Sage for this one; if you've been training Lute, she'll make a better Mage Knight than Ewan will.

I always make Him a Shaman, this is the first time making him Mage, wanted to see how good he was. I miss Ewan Druid ;_;

Since you're doing Creature Campaign, go with Sage for Light magic. +30 avo/+2 res against Gorgons and Mogalls is too good to pass up for a bit of extra movement. The higher caps are okay too, I guess.

What you make of Ewan otherwise doesn't really matter. 99% of his performance is his underleveledness. Once he's promoted the second time, he's fine. For in-game purposes, I suppose Sage and Summoner are more useful than Mage Knight and Druid. By the time Ewan promotes, you probably have very few maps left, and many of them are monster maps, one of them totally infested with Gorgons, which are actually a threat if they manage to hit you. So that's where Light magic comes more handy than anything. Summoner is another way to bait Gorgons without getting owned, as well as anything else (Draco Zombies, anyone). And if nothing else Summons provide free EXP.

Im with Yuli since Lute sucks BALLS as a Mage Knight, Ewan will get the pwny and trot across the map...go Mage Knight!

It's 5 less magic on her already overkill magic for a mount. I fail to see how she sucks as a Mage Knight.

Edited by Asaello

Im with Yuli since Lute sucks BALLS as a Mage Knight, Ewan will get the pwny and trot across the map...go Mage Knight!

Lute sucks as a Mage Knight? ...No. You are sadly mistaken. If anything, she's BETTER as a Mage Knight than Ewan is as a MK. Also, as a Sage, Lute has serious Con issues. She loses at least 2 AS from Light magic. Is 5 extra magic and the ability to use Light magic worth passing up on exrta Con (which she needs)? ...No. Especially since she maims almost everything she attacks in one round anyway. And in case you try to mention body rings, there are better options.

Lute's doubling and evading everything (almost on the latter part) anyway. The con loss isn't that big a deal.

And if she's killing almost everything she attacks in 1 round as a Mage Knight, then surely the loss of magic is also not that big a deal.

• 5 months later...

If you choose Mage Knight you'll have better movement, and you'll be focusing on one magic type, therefore making it more powerful.

Edited by Chrono

• 5 weeks later...
Premotion

He's fourth tier? O_O

Seriously, though, go Sage for the 30 Mag cap.

28 magic cap*. 30 Skill though, which he MIGHT make.

But anyway, make him a Sage. In my opinion, he makes a BETTER Sage plus I don't like the way male Mage Knights look. Plus, they have pretty low stat caps and you're already forced this by L'Archel. Make Lute the mage knight for the con bonus and Ewan the Sage for offensive purposes