Extended part 1

After giving a full read at http://serenesforest.net/general/designer10.html, Radiant Dawn designer's notes.

I think they should have put the Formation of DB in the game... it would have a better impression of the Group and could have Given us some Extra lvs to the chars... Like the Prologue in FEDS.

And the most important that the game would have a Richer Story.

:\ Well too bad that this Prologue isn't in the game...

Interesting. Why wasn't any of this mentioned in the game...?

5 Reasons my friend.

1. RD had no character development.

2. Nolan, Edward, Leonardo, Aran, Volug and Sothe could have been interesting but unlike Michiah, they don't have Jesus Powuhs.

3. Like Michiah however, they all lack personalities. (However in their defense, they do have more personality then any form of Rath X Lyndis)

4. To many characters for Nintendo to make personalities for.

5. There is no five I just like typing numbers.

Edited by Not Changed by VASM :(

I was kinda glad they left out how the Dawn Brigade formed - it let me imagine a bit.

The Dawn Brigade do have personality; it's just not ever expanded upon, and thus results in cliché, much like everyone else. As a result, it's left up mostly to the player's imagination.

Though I do say it oughta have been Edward who got injured in the first mission. :V

Even using what they gave you in the game only a few characters that had no presence in PoR have no story.

Micaiah - Branded, fortune teller, great strategizer, met and took care of Sothe

Edward - Very active, thinks he's invincible

Leonardo - Calm, thinks things through adds contrast to Edward.

Nolan - Wise older man who like to read.

Laura - Priest who is beginning to explore the world

Aran - Uhh... Laura's friend

Meg - Daughter of Brom, thinks she's engaged, delusional

Volug - If you could understand him he'd be one of the coolest characters in the game.

Fiona - Daughter of previous four-rider, lady or Marado

Vika - Uhh... was a slave?

Naliah - Queen of Hatari, the lost country

Rafiel - Lost heron that can't fly.

Heather - Becomes a theif to help her sick mother, may be gay.

Danved - Is not Devdan

Kyza - Uhh... extremely loyal to Gallia

Lyre - Lethe's sister and loves Ranulf

Skrimir - Future Gallia king, goes from "must kill everything" to "we need a plan"

Pelleas - Thought to be long lost son of Ashnard, was an orphan, also undergoes character development.

Well Kyza and Lyre were mentioned by name in PoR, but nothing was said about them.

Even using what they gave you in the game only a few characters that had no presence in PoR have no story.

Micaiah - Branded, fortune teller, great strategizer, met and took care of Sothe

Edward - Very active, thinks he's invincible

Leonardo - Calm, thinks things through adds contrast to Edward.

Nolan - Wise older man who like to read.

Laura - Priest who is beginning to explore the world

Meg - Daughter of Brom, thinks she's engaged, delusional

Volug - If you could understand him he'd be one of the coolest characters in the game.

Fiona - Daughter of previous four-rider, lady or Marado

Vika - Uhh... was a slave?

Naliah - Queen of Hatari, the lost country

Rafiel - Lost heron that can't fly.

Heather - Becomes a theif to help her sick mother, may be gay.

Danved - Is not Devdan

Kyza - Uhh... extremely loyal to Gallia

Lyre - Lethe's sister and loves Ranulf

Skrimir - Future Gallia king, goes from "must kill everything" to "we need a plan"

Pelleas - Thought to be long lost son of Ashnard, was an orphan, also undergoes character development.

Well Kyza and Lyre were mentioned by name in PoR, but nothing was said about them.

It's sad when one of the only two from the new cast that has character development

is someone that you kill.

Edited by Hibari

lol, as much as I think the the fail brigade is fail, I find myself drawn to Edward (possibly because he saved me so many times throughout part one). Laura as well, but I have no idea why I like her as much as I do.

But back on topic, too many characters really didn't get enough backstory. I always seem to forget that some characters even exist (I'm looking at you Aran and Fiona). It would've been nice to see what the families of the DB members was like--especially Leonardo (and I really dislike him) since his family is supposed to be noble. And I don't think it wouldn't been so hard to through in a couple of more info conversations to flesh the story out. Heck, take out Fiona if you need the space.

Edited by Leyla Garcia

lol, as much as I think the the fail brigade is fail, I find myself drawn to Edward (possibly because he saved me so many times throughout part one). Laura as well, but I have no idea why I like her as much as I do.

Moe. You like her because she's moe.

And Aran and Fiona do get ingame backstories, unlike the Mook Dawn Brigade.

He was adopted by a Begnion merchant and raised as a Begnion soldier. Not sure when it happened or how his parents died, though.

I think I remember somewhere it was said Leonardo had a good upbringing. Having not played the game in a while, I'm not sure if it was from there or from this site when the information wasn't complete yet.

Edited by Arion

Yeah, that was what it said in his ending. I really wish that had been expanded on because there was no evidence of that anywhere else in the game. It would've made good comic relief at the very least--especially paired with Laura's naivety.

Yeah, that was what it said in his ending. I really wish that had been expanded on because there was no evidence of that anywhere else in the game. It would've made good comic relief at the very least--especially paired with Laura's naivety.

Wait, what?

Aran's backstory is (briefly) shown when he joins, and I believe he's a klutz in a base chat where Laura gets a sleep staff or something.

Sure, that's all - and, like happened with pretty much every character in RD, it could have been expanded - but it still isn't like it wasn't mentioned anywhere ingame. >: