• Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...

Alm is one of your strongest characters.

Celica is also one of best units in her route.

Marth is really good in my FE3 playthroughs.

Sigurd and Selis are downright awesome (if not godly).

Leaf is pretty rocking after promotion.

Roy is fine.

Hector is totally useful.

Eliwood is great after promotion.

Eirika is nice.

Ephraim is one of your best units in the game, IMO.

Ike...you don't even need to ask about this one... >.>

Haven't play RD and SD, so I have no opinion for Micaiah, Ike (RD) or Marth (SD).

As for Lyn...I never fond of her, dunno why. And out of the 3 Lords of FE7, I found her as the weakest. =/

Edited by Arthur

Of the ones I've played, Eirika is the only one that I would ever say has been bad for me. Then there are those like Eliwood and Micaiah who don't deserve all the hate they get.

Because Micaiah's a douchewhore? :P But really, Micaiah is generally only useful for killing Horses/Armors and doing some weakening or something, and doing random utility stuff. She has the lightest, weakest Magic, but has horrible Speed. :( But yeah, her niche gives her enough usability I think.

For me, the worst might be Lyn. Eirika has an advantage over her for me for various reasons.

Roy I'd have to say.

He's not bad, but he could have been better.

As for the others,

Sigurd and Selis are awesome Rico Suaves.

Lyn and her boyfriend both rock. Period. (Especially her boyfriend. And she doesn't deserve the recent hate she's been getting IMO.)

Eliwood got screwed for me a few times. But heh.

Micaiah's very late promotion hurts her. But the white magic usage she gets helps her a little.

Ike is all around awesomeness, PoR or RD.

My comment on Marth will be coming soon. But I can't say the same for Alm, Celicia, or FE5 Leif.

You forgot Sigurd, Alm, and Cellica.

Also, how could you say Eliwood when there's fail like Micaiah and Lyn out there?

Eliwood can't really kill much, he just hits them. And, I know that Micaiah is sooooooort-of fail, but she's more useful than people give her credit for. And Lyn is definitely not the worst Lord, by FAR.

Lyn is easily the worst. Unable to keep near supports/no supports that want her, weak, defenseless, gets a crappy weapon choice on promotion, her promotion doesn't help her much...At least Eliwood can take a shot and Eirika actual supports and the enemies she fights are absolute garbage, along with getting an awesome personal weapon. Michaiah (as much as I hate her) at least can hang back and nuke anoying cavs and armors. All Lyn has to rely on is her mani katti, which not only doesn't last forever, she doesn't get another one AND it's not one shotting anything unlike Wolf Beil and Thani so she's always gonna get countered. She pretty much has to rely on criticals.

Lyn is bad and should feel bad.

I'd have to say Leaf, for now since I didn't play much of Thracia 776.

And Micaiah doesn't suck at all, she just have the speed problem, use speedwings, she has good luck anyways.

Edited by soul1112

Seriously, people don't give Micaiah enough credit. Her durability may suck, but so does the durability of a good number of others on her team (Edward, Leonardo, Ilyana, etc.). However, she packs a major punch with Thani (The strongest Light magic until part 4) and awesome Magic (80% growth, Wtf). She one-shots plenty of enemies in part 1 since there are a lot of armored/mounted units. Once she gets Thani, she's the best boss fighter until 1-E (all are either mounted/armored, Magic users, or don't move), she has higher skill capacity than any other first tier unit, allowing her to use Paragon/Wrath/etc., and she has Sacrifice to help keep her team alive and train herself with her very own experience pool.

Then in part 3, she's one of two possible staff users, and God knows we need them here when almost everyone is being 1-2 rounded and even our EarthxEarth supporters aren't invincible yet.

Her usefulness decreases in part 4, but the staff work is still very nice and there are still a lot of mounted units in 4-E for her to go to work on.

Conclusion: Micaiah is far from the worst lord in the series.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

I see a lot of Leaf hate. He's not the greatest around, but he's not one of the worst. The fact he can use the light blade is awesome. Helps him out greatly. Hell, don't like most of your army have support bonus with him? He's basically like an Advance Wars: Days of Ruin CO without a CO power. Only unit who doesn't have to deal with the fatigue bullshit, so he's always helping in some form. Better than Michaiah's situational usefulness, or Lyn's suckage. I'd say even better than Roy being win until the promotion lag comes to beat him with a stick.

I guess I'm just one of the few who happens to like Leaf.

I guess I'm just one of the few who happens to like Leaf.

I love Leaf. He is pretty decent before promotion, and after it he usually rocks (with the help of scrolls, of course) and he gains a lot of EXPs. : >

Haha, someone voted for Sigurd...

I voted for Eirika. At least for Micaiah, I think her offense is as good as her defense is bad. She can't really take a hit, but boy can she give one. Plus, since she has magic she can really get those enemies with shitty or even ok resistance. With an 80 growth in magic, she'll be doing some damage. Eirika is just frail all around