Lillina

Nestling

Not really, since she maintains her problem of crappy growths.

Only now it's even worse since she caps out a tier before anybody else.

Too bad she didn't stay on Barencia. Abel would have been "stuck" with Paola. :P

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait? What? Name characters that HAVE decent enough growths in that game. Late joining doesn't mean as much, anymore, since you can train as long as you like. No ranks to destroy and stuff. Meh, I'm not really the picky type, so I'm not sure where things will go if we continue this matter. I still like the Est archtype, no matter the late join issue! DS Est seems to be not as exciting, though. (helps that there's no Star Orb to arena abuse with her)

Still, I don't see how Gaiden Est is bad, let alone bad growths.

Name characters that HAVE decent enough growths in that game.

Try not looking at Bird, Grey, Ruka, etc, and try to look at Paison, Cliff, Sevr, etc, yeah? Est is competing with more than the failures of FEG.

ate joining doesn't mean as much, anymore, since you can train as long as you like.

This doesn't eliminate the matter of efficiency. Est is still inferior to her other two sisters, comes much later, and generally it's not worth the trouble of training her.

let alone bad growths.

...Oh, they buffed up Est's stats. Good thing: She freaking needed it.

Still, extra 20 levels>slightly better growths. Sevr even has the whole Dark Fighter>Villager thing going on for him.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Not in Hard Mode. Lilina is dragon fodder. Not a dragon killer.

I would say something like "you'ld be surprised what you can do with Aircalibur" but I've never used Lilina in Hard or completed hard but to be honest all mages will have issues with Aircalibur. Lilina will fail to KO (and might even die) and Lugh will be stuck for a while of doing 2 attacks (yay) one of which gets the enemy to signle digit HP and the other which kills it (not the most efficient use of the tome).

Just admit it. You have a bias against Est! She might not be great but worst unit ever is by far the worst meme to hit the Fire Emblem franchise in years*. The highest combined growth rates in FE Gaiden. The highest individual stat growths for nearly every stat area in FE Gaiden (and the ones that aren't highest are in the top 5 characters). That is your definition "crappy" growths? You sir, are insane or have a heavy bias or didn't mean crappy growths at all but something else entirely.

*-Its the fact you bring it up in every fucking topic. Like this topic in the FE6 seciton that does it for me.

Sevr even has the whole Dark Fighter>Villager thing going on for him.

Thats like saying some douchebag has the whole arena abuse thing going for them since their chapter has an area and no turn limit. Its still abuse which you shouldn't care for because it takes too long to be worth considering. Or if you are considering it anyone who can become Dark Fighter are the best the game has since with enough time and rescources they'll get 40 in every stat area and no character can match that...

I would say something like "you'ld be surprised what you can do with Aircalibur" but I've never used Lilina in Hard or completed hard

Here's a random chapter 1 enemy:

0378fireemblemsealedswo.png

20/0 Lilina has 10.6 SPD. BARELY doubling (that's assuming she has 11 SPD at that point). Mercs and Myrmidons will double and Nomads will rape her. Too much trouble for HM.

She is 1rounding Wyvern Knights with Aircalibur and 30 MAG though.

"Crappy growths" may be an exaggeration on his part but besides the late joining, Est has another problem: She's a melee unit with bad durability. In FESD for example, she's probably better off as a Sniper but even then, you've got plenty others who make snipers with enough ATK to kill things and better durability.

Edited by Levin

I like to use Lilina, after she promoted I usually stick her as a healer while making Clarine as my attacker. >.>

But then, I'm biased to magic users usually, so...

Just admit it. You have a bias against Est!

no, i don't

she really sucks that hard

he highest combined growth rates in FE Gaiden.

again, extra 20 levels>slightly better growths

*-Its the fact you bring it up in every fucking topic.

I didn't bring it up. Aless did.

The highest individual stat growths for nearly every stat area in FE Gaiden

and 20 less levels to use them

That is your definition "crappy" growths?

no

it's my definition of too much effort for too little reward. She's not the statistical failure she was in FEDS but I still don't see any need to grind for another hour or three when I can just beat the damn game by now. I've friggin grinded enough in gaiden.

Thats like saying some douchebag has the whole arena abuse thing going for them since their chapter has an area and no turn limit.

Hey, if we can spend five hours grinding Est, why can't we do the same with Sevr?

Edited by Sweet Tooth

I like to use Lilina, after she promoted I usually stick her as a healer while making Clarine as my attacker. >.>

I use Lilina as my healer, cuz she usually caps magic, meaning that she can easily fix most units with a cheap heal staff. and her other stats aren't suited to be a front line unit. I just give her a heal and fire and leave her in the back.

I use a promoted (10000g) Hugh as my sage because he's the son of TEH CANAS.

I use Lilina as my healer, cuz she usually caps magic, meaning that she can easily fix most units with a cheap heal staff. and her other stats aren't suited to be a front line unit. I just give her a heal and fire and leave her in the back.

Exactly. I trained her with Heal, and later (if she can) I give her Physic.

YES! Someone who agrees with me! =D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Nino still sucks due to join time and low level when she joins. She has to be babied to be good, which isn't efficient.

Hugh still comes at a time when Lugh would likely be promoted, and he also takes 10K of your funds. I'm pretty sure you can kill him and still get an S in survival.

• 4 weeks later...

Wait? What? Name characters that HAVE decent enough growths in that game. Late joining doesn't mean as much, anymore, since you can train as long as you like. No ranks to destroy and stuff. Meh, I'm not really the picky type, so I'm not sure where things will go if we continue this matter. I still like the Est archtype, no matter the late join issue! DS Est seems to be not as exciting, though. (helps that there's no Star Orb to arena abuse with her)

Still, I don't see how Gaiden Est is bad, let alone bad growths.

Gaiden Est is godsend.

But then, I'm biased to magic users usually, so...

It's no mistake using her when she can probably use staves better than most and being an awesome boss slayer with enough speed.

Lilina cannot hit a target to save her life...80 hit percentage and bampf! she misses! what the hell?

shes like Nino with bad RNG...*benches*

Not like anima users need much skill to be good with the highest accurate tomes to begin with.

Nino still sucks due to join time and low level when she joins. She has to be babied to be good, which isn't efficient.

Hugh still comes at a time when Lugh would likely be promoted, and he also takes 10K of your funds. I'm pretty sure you can kill him and still get an S in survival.

That would be my recommendation as you can use that extra K to either get you some Killer/Silver Weapons, 2 class changing items, or two Angelic Robes.

True, forgot about that. He's recruitable for 5000 though at the least right?

He's not even worth your 5K either when I could be using that to get me a class changing item, prefferrably Guidence Ring.

Gaiden Est is godsend.

Except no

Do I have to keep explaining it? Why not just beat the damned game already? You're willing to spend 5 hours grinding Est, isn't that time better spent just getting the game over with?

She might not be the best mage/sage but I wouldn't call her horrible. She still has her uses. It's not impossible to train her thanks to her 1-2 range. Sadly, in the end there are probably better choices since there are so many characters in this game.

No, she's not horrible. She's slightly better than complete fail. She REQUIRES babying in order to catch up to the levels of others.

• 2 weeks later...

Since dumbguy is banned, let's have a smart topic about Lillina.

Anyways, Hugh is the best mage. HP FTW.

Hugh has a good defense in comparison to the other two. Lilina has insane magic and promo gains adn Lugh has the best Spd and Skill, but it's not like Hugh stays behind in Spd...what really sucks is that he has 15% growth rate Res :blink:

That kinda brings me back to the SNES era.

Yeah, I always pay up 10.000, he has better bases and his promo gains are quite good.

Hugh's +1 spd on promotion doesn't really qualify as "good."

He gives a damn when he has 45% growth of it <_<

And he also gets +4 Mag which is very good, he algo has the best HP of the other two mages and Defense, Spd won't be much of a problem if you consider that enemies aren't too fast unless we're talking about Sacae and their Nomads.