Why do people think hector is the best lord

Valkyrie

I admit he is good but hes kind of CHEAP .

I really Never had fun using him no matter how strong he is

Lyn or Eliwood is so much better...

But this is just opinion :) :) :)

Edited by Valkyrie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is quite pointless!

Hector's very good, but it's not to say he's my favourite. I also prefer using Lyn and Eliwood over Hector, despite Hector being one huge powerhouse.

How do axes suck arse in a game where enemies have trouble getting past 10 AS and 0 Luk, and where Iron Axes have 75 hit?

Personally, Hector's growth stats were always great for me, so I always use him. Eliwood, not so much. If he gets strong fast, I'll use him every time. Lyndis, well, I don't care what her growth stats are. I'll use her anyway. (I spoil my favorites, ahahaha.)

At any rate, Hector's an interesting character. I don't think any of the "lords" are best/worst. It all depends on what you like to see. Some people are attracted to Hector's personality/appearance, and his strength usually also helps people decide to use him. Other people feel that way about Lyndis or Eliwood.

So for me it's all personal taste. Plus, Hector uses axes. He's always at promoting level in my files before I can even promote him. P:

Hector is more or less a General with a slightly better speed growth. Where is the confusion coming from.

Hector actually has SKL, on a game that Axes suck arse.

Since FE5, Axe is actually decent (if not good). You are thinking of FE4.

He's speedy.

Speedy? Not really. His Spd is, in fact, only one higher than FE6 Lilina's, with the same growth (though he joins a lot easier by comparison). He's slightly slower than Lowen overall (2 points behind at base, but 5% higher growth), slightly faster than Oswin, roughly on par with Canas. Below average is more like it.

Since FE5, Axe is actually decent (if not good). You are thinking of FE4.

Actually, FE6 is where axes sucked ass. The most accurate axes had only 65 base hit (and that's ignoring Divine Weapons). OUCH. IT doesn't help that most axe users that weren't Gonzales were fairly sucky.

EDIT: I mean characters that used primarily axes.

Edited by Fayt Raybrandt

I find Hector to be overrated, but that's not to say he's a bad character. I have a difficult time keeping him up with the team in his mode.

"Cheap" is definitely overdoing it. So is Speedy.

I like Hector because he can take a hit. He's one of the lords that actually gets more Resistance than the others, so I use him in every of my play throughs.

How do axes suck arse in a game where enemies have trouble getting past 10 AS and 0 Luk, and where Iron Axes have 75 hit?

Ok, let me rephrase that: He manages to have SKL, on a game that everyother axe user(Bartre,Dork,Geitz-not counting upon promotion, though) besides Dart suck or are mediocre at best.

I like Hector because he can take a hit. He's one of the lords that actually gets more Resistance than the others, so I use him in every of my play throughs.

Wait, what? In my experience, Res is one of the few areas Hector is poor at (along with Speed, where he's good but not brilliant).

Yeah, I just checked the growth rates and Hector gains less Res than Eliwood and Lyn. I'm not aware of him getting much in the way a class change bonus in Resisitance, either.

Hector also suffers from being vulnerable to anything that Generals are vulnerable to after class changing. Generally he's rather cheap, but he is vulnerable to magic and Swordmasters with the right weapons. So he's not quite a PoR Ike (who's the cheapest Lord ever).

In my game, Lyn was easily the best Lord, solely down to the fact that she'd never get hit and would Crit everything. I did give her those... Afa Drops, were they called? That increased her already rather good growth rates.

Oops, thanks Arthur! Scratch what I said, Hector gets a great bonus when he becomes a Great Lord. That's probably why he might end up with better than Eliwood. For me he didn't get very high, though. Most spells will slaughter him, and I remember once he got caught by a Berserk Staff...

Berserk Hector is NOT A GOOD THING.