Why do people think hector is the best lord

Valkyrie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't, if I want a more decent axe user I would pick Dorcas, but Hector is awesome, he is 3rd for me:

1st: Eliwood

2nd: Lyndis

3rd: Hector

lol? Dorcos is not better then Hector. My lyn and hector have pretty much max everything except 1 or 2 places which they aren't far off maxing either (non RNG abuse) with good supports so I find it hard to choose between them.

I'd probably go hector over lyn simply for the fact of swordslayer.

Wait, what? In my experience, Res is one of the few areas Hector is poor at (along with Speed, where he's good but not brilliant).

Yeah, I just checked the growth rates and Hector gains less Res than Eliwood and Lyn. I'm not aware of him getting much in the way a class change bonus in Resisitance, either.

Hector also suffers from being vulnerable to anything that Generals are vulnerable to after class changing. Generally he's rather cheap, but he is vulnerable to magic and Swordmasters with the right weapons. So he's not quite a PoR Ike (who's the cheapest Lord ever).

In my game, Lyn was easily the best Lord, solely down to the fact that she'd never get hit and would Crit everything. I did give her those... Afa Drops, were they called? That increased her already rather good growth rates.

Last run through I had, Hector got the luckiest with Resistance, getting up to five before promotion. Eliwood got 4 and Lyn sucked with 1.

Last run through I had, Hector got the luckiest with Resistance, getting up to five before promotion. Eliwood got 4 and Lyn sucked with 1.

Five resistance before promoting is average for Hector. You were unlucky with the other two.

Although, I like the fact that Hector want's to beat up or "cut up" Jaffar.

well he does kinda have a good reason for doing that after all

Let's see, I'd say he's the best Gameboy Advance Lord. That much I feel safe to say. In this game, Lyn is very fragile, speed can only help her to an extent, and Eliwood is the good old fashioned, "not weak in much areas, but doesn't excel in much" dude. Of course, some may argue about the whole promotion deal when talking about Eliwood Mode and Hector Mode, but whatever. Hector is one cool dude!

Hector actually has SKL, on a game that Axes suck arse.
Ok, let me rephrase that: He manages to have SKL, on a game that everyother axe user(Bartre,Dork,Geitz-not counting upon promotion, though) besides Dart suck or are mediocre at best.

I seriously have to PM Tino this. XD

Let's see, I'd say he's the best Gameboy Advance Lord. That much I feel safe to say. In this game, Lyn is very fragile, speed can only help her to an extent, and Eliwood is the good old fashioned, "not weak in much areas, but doesn't excel in much" dude. Of course, some may argue about the whole promotion deal when talking about Eliwood Mode and Hector Mode, but whatever. Hector is one cool dude!

'Best GBA Lord'? Eliwood is probably better than Hector due to actually promoting before the end of the game, getting a pony, and pretty good supports. Lyn sucks of course, and Roy's just about at Hector's usefullness (Lance B, Alan B, tons of Axe-users, ect). Then of course, Ephraim dominates every GBA Lord, and Eirika's also pretty good. ^_^

'Best GBA Lord'? Eliwood is probably better than Hector due to actually promoting before the end of the game, getting a pony, and pretty good supports. Lyn sucks of course, and Roy's just about at Hector's usefullness (Lance B, Alan B, tons of Axe-users, ect). Then of course, Ephraim dominates every GBA Lord, and Eirika's also pretty good. ^_^

I don't see Roy as anywhere near Hector's level of usefulness. He doesn't promote until there are at most 3 chapters left, meaning he becomes pretty much useless for a long time. And he's locked to swords in a game where Bern and its wyvern riders are the primary enemies in addition to his promotion woes. Eliwood being better than Hector is more mode-dependent than anything else, if you ask me.

Eliwood is awesome, he has lances upon reaching promotion:

Maxed out Eliwood + Vaida's "Uber Spear" = Mega win.

What does Hector have?

Swords? What for? He doesn't need that extra constitution for blades.

Meh, like I said, only if you're into that nitpicky promotion time stuff.

Eliwood is awesome, he has lances upon reaching promotion:

Maxed out Eliwood + Vaida's "Uber Spear" = Mega win.

What does Hector have?

Swords? What for? He doesn't need that extra constitution for blades.

Too bad his personality sucks.

The Uber Spear can go to anyone who can use lances, so that isn't much of an argument.

Too bad his personality sucks.

The Uber Spear can go to anyone who can use lances, so that isn't much of an argument.

But Lyn and Hector can't use lances (we are talking about FE7 lords after all), so I can see where Soul was going with his post.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

But Lyn and Hector can't use lances (we are talking about FE7 lords after all), so I can see where Soul was going with his post.

But it doesn't change the fact that they're both made of sexy win. (And I never try to get the Uber Spear anyways. I prefer doing things the old-fashioned way.)

Uber spears aside, I just always have better luck raising Hector than Eliwood. Lyn usually gets good level-ups in my files, too, which leaves poor Eliwood cold and alone, shivering on the sidelines. (Or maybe from the relative safety of Merlinus's tent.)

At any rate, Eliwood does have a personality; he's quiet, thoughtful, and a romantic.

But generally people prefer characters like Hector. :] I like Hector-- he's so rude and he doesn't even know it. But if I ever met someone like him in real life? I think I'd want to punch him really hard. I wouldn't actually do it, but...

Eliwood would be that rational, always-able-to-depend-on-no-matter-what kind of friends. You could trust him with a secret, get advice from him, et cetera, without any worries about him not taking things seriously when they needed to be. He does have a sense of humor, too, which is nice. (You have to have some sense of humor to hang out with Hector, of course.)

And Lyn's kind of a mix between Hector and Eliwood, IMHO. Mature, serious when she needs to be, playful when she knows it's okay to be, et cetera. She's got a sense of humor, and I think she's witty, too.

At any rate, best =/= favorite. While Hector has always been the best "lord" character, with all kinds of maxed stats, he is not my favorite. Lyndis is.

Yeah, that's why I like Eliwood's personlity better than Hector's, his' and Lyndis', you won't get much of her in Hector and Eliwood's stories, but in her story, you can see how kindhearted she really is.

And Hector calls Athos "Grey Beard", so he is quite rude, but can be kind at times too, like when he is talking to the tactican in his story, he goes like:

"Hey, I'm sorry back there, I doubted your skills, but you got us trough many victories".

Or he says something similiar to that.

Yeah, that's why I like Eliwood's personlity better than Hector's, his' and Lyndis', you won't get much of her in Hector and Eliwood's stories, but in her story, you can see how kindhearted she really is.
There's also her support conversations. And two exclusive conversations she has with Hector outside of the main storyline dialogue. (One of which is exclusive to Hector's story.) And one she has with Eliwood. (Also exclusive to Hector's story.) They should give you what you wanna know about her.
And Hector calls Athos "Grey Beard", so he is quite rude, but can be kind at times too, like when he is talking to the tactican in his story, he goes like:

"Hey, I'm sorry back there, I doubted your skills, but you got us trough many victories".

Or he says something similiar to that.

There are more moments in which he can be kind as well.