Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd agree with that except it's coined as Nurufire in the game code. Plus there's the issue of what to name Yurublizzard. Yourblizzard? : P

So I'll probably leave it like that until the English release rolls along.

Yeah, I'd agree with that except it's coined as Nurufire in the game code. Plus there's the issue of what to name Yurublizzard. Yourblizzard? : P

So I'll probably leave it like that until the English release rolls along.

In that case, then they're perhaps nuru(i) fire and yuru(i) blizzard.

Edited by TheEnd

I haven't played this part of FE2 for a while so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Kelbeth, Belreth, Gold, Badess, and Majinn are classes at all, just characters of that name. http://www.serenesforest.net/fe2/class_intro.html They are in the enemy only class section here.

Edited by Reinfleche

I haven't played this part of FE2 for a while so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that Kelbeth, Belreth, Gold, Badess, and Majinn are classes at all, just characters of that name. http://www.serenesforest.net/fe2/class_intro.html They are in the enemy only class section here.

To be honest, I'm not really sure how to draw the line on that issue. I don't have FE2 on me, but when I messed around with it some months ago, I seem to recall that those are indeed names, but at the same time enemies don't display their classes and use the name to show their class.

Basically, IIRC certain names alter the appearance of the class. If you give a playable Pegasus Knight the Gargoyle name, they become a Gargoyle. Similarly, if you give a playable Archer the name Archer, they become a red (enemy) Archer.

Edited by VincentASM

Huh. That's certainly interesting. Well, I suppose it doesn't really matter much anyways. Maybe I could do some fiddling with FE2 of my own to see more on that.

EDIT: Well, after some playing around, I learned absolutely nothing new. Oh well.

Edited by Reinfleche

While BEXPing Kieran in my draft playthrough, I noticed something...odd. This is fixed mode, Kieran has the Paladin Band (HP, Spd) equipped, I give him a full 100 experience from 0 to 100 every time (it's chapter 11 base, so he has not had a chance to fight), so the only variable is the weapon. These are my stat gains with the following weapons:

Iron Axe

First level: HP, Def

Second level: Str, Skl, Spd, Lck

Hammer

First level: HP, Str, Def

Second level: Lck

Poleax

First level: HP, Str, Lck, Def

Second level: Skl, Spd

Kieran's averages/bases/growths. Fixed mode equipment alterations. Starting growth points.

The Iron Axe and Poleax levels both work perfectly with the given information. The Hammer doesn't make sense, though. Armour-slaying weapons and horse-slaying weapons are listed as having the same bonuses, so the Hammer levels should be the same as the Poleax ones, which they are not.

I can infer from these levels that the Hammer does not give +Lck or Spd (these conflict with the site's information) nor does it give -Str or Def. +Lck would mean he'd get it on the first level (his effective growth would be 30 and his base growth points is 70) while +Spd would get it on the second level (on top of the Paladin Band, +Spd would give him 50 effective growth with no base growth points, two levels getting it for him). -Str or Def would have prevented him from getting either on the first level (both would be just 5 off). This also suggests it does give -Skl, because otherwise he would have gotten Skl on the second level up with the Hammer.

EDIT: I did more testing with various Bands and got even stranger results. What I've got would have it give +5% Hp, Def, and Res with -5% Mag and Skl, and definitely nothing to Str, Spd, and Lck.

EDIT2: Scrap the HP part, that was a mistake. - Mag/Skl and +Def/Res is what my tests have led the Hammer (and probably all Armour-slaying weapons) to give.

The following test levels with the Hammer and Fighter band equipped say it all:

First level: HP, Str, Def

Second level: Lck (he would get Skl here without the -)

Third level: HP, Str, Skl, Spd, Res (he would not get Res here without the +)

4: HP, Def

5: Str, Skl, Spd

6: HP, Lck, Def, Res

7: HP, Str, Skl

8: Spd, Def (he would get Mag here without the -, and would not get Def without the +)

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Ah, I posted this in the wrong section before. Sorry.

I saw an old link on your home page and decided to check out that old board. Your link to Fire Emblem Fusion is currently http://z11.invisionf...sion/index.php?, and it is a dead one. It is now known as http://s1.zetaboards...m_Fusion/index/, as I found out by substituting the prefix in when the current link linked me to this. I suggest changing that for the sake of accuracy. Thank you for your time.

Edited by Makaze

Johalva

Axe Fighter

Johalva's younger brother. He acts like a bad guy, but is honourable deep inside.

Also

Reptor

Baron

Duke of Freege; successor of the Thorhammer tome. He schemed with Langobalt to get power.

Ishtar

Sage

Ishtore's younger sister; Torhammer's successor. She fights alongside her love, Yurius.

Trabant

Dragon Master

King of Thracia; successor of the Gungnir. He aims to improve his country by any means possible.

Areone

Dragon Master

Prince of Thracia; successor of the Gunguneel. He won't hesitate to carry out his father's will.

Guest kasha

On http://serenesforest.net/fe7/calc.html under the damage section you bring up the reaver weapons, instead of 'for' the webpage says 'four' not certain if anyone has brought it up yet.

(For Reaver weapons, the Weapon triangle bonus is doubled four both weapons, except when facing another Reaver weapon)

Thank you and I love your site <3

This might be considered nitpicking, from here: When a Laguz's Transformation gauge reaches its maximum value of 30, the Laguz will transform into its animal form and its battle stats will increase.

The bold is technically incorrect since you only get the option to transform them; you have to do it yourself. This is particularly important for enemy phase since an enemy can bring the gauge to 30 but you can't transform until player phase.

Sorry I'm double posting, but

(Areone vs Celice)

Areone:

You're the Imperial Prince Celice, aren't you? Hm, you should make an admirable adversary.

Care for a match?

Leaf:

Prince Areone!

We can still work this out!!

Areone:

I have nothing else to say! Let's do this, Celice.

Have a taste of my Gunguneel!

The red should say Celice, not Leaf.

• 4 weeks later...

Something small in the FE4 Chapter 9 script.

Femina/Janne:

So you're... Alright, show me the Balmung then. I've always wanted to see it.

Fake Shanan:

The Balmunk!? Er... the Balmunk! Yes, I, ah...

H, here it is! Yep, the Balmunk Shield... world renowned for this dragon carving. See?

Now how about dinner?