Kent, Sain or Lowen?

Junkhead

Yeah, done before. But if I necropost such topic would close.

I always used Kent over Sain in Lyndis' mode, I understimated Sain's speed to much, in this run I use Sain since he has great Str, decent Spd & Skill, his bases for defense aren't horrible, that sorta backsup his average Def growth and Kent has low Luck making him get able to hit much more, his growth is even worse since it doesn't help much with 20%.

Lowen is great in my opinion, but I would say he's in between both cavaliers, his bases seem to be balanced, at a start he has decent HP, Str, Spd & Def, he has a better defense than the other cavaliers making him a bit more durable during the enemy phase, his flaws would be his attack and speed on later chapters.

Edited by soul1112

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL another one of these topics, I'm going to just sit back on this one

Sain is the best, jk just my opinion

:lol:

I'm not sure why nobody actually bothered to post their opinion directly... Well I will post mine.

I always prefer using Sain over the other two. Sadly, Sain can't do the job of two cavaliers so they're usually the same level anyways. I like to save a knight crest and just give Sain the knight crest that Wallace comes with (he won't be making such good use of it anyway). Even if I don't use it, Sain has a level advantage over Lowen and I favor Sain over Kent over their personality (they're around the same in the end anyways). In conclusion, the Green Knight wins once again (In my opinion anyways)!

They're all pretty good, I guess Lowen is the best on HHM (yay tankiness!). But I enjoy using Kent and Sain more because they don't have that terrible hair. :P

Edited by Marorii

Sain, because he gets waaaaay better once his speed kicks in.

VERY true, I love it when he starts double attacking brigands, probaly some myrmidons or mercenaries too, but he's the best option to use against knights & cavaliers due to impressive damage & double attacks.

Lowen, because being nearly invincible > not being nearly invincible.

Also, giving out awesome supports the Eliwood and co.

Yeah, he's a really good attack in chapter 14 HHM, those cavalires won't do much or probaly nothing at all, he should starts doubling by then.

IMO Lowen and Sain are tied, and better than Kent.

Lowen gets to counterattack virtually everything safely, and that's the most important part of being able to kill off enemies since they are fairly weak, but larger in number. Sain and Kent, not quite so, but Sain does this better than Kent (due to having better supports to boost his evade), and there are certain common enemies like Wyverns that only Sain is able to oneround easily.

Edited by A2ZOMG

I prefer Kent and Sain over Lowen, since while Lowen is very durable, most of it is overkill. On the other hand, Lowen can be lacking on the offensive front. Plus, their personalities are cooler than Lowen's.

Then again, there are weapons to bolster offense, and Sain and Lowen have basically the same speed, so don't you even bring up doubling issues.

Are there different levels of armor/shields in Fire Emblem that bolster defense? No? Defense wins.

Then again, there are weapons to bolster offense, and Sain and Lowen have basically the same speed, so don't you even bring up doubling issues.

Are there different levels of armor/shields in Fire Emblem that bolster defense? No? Defense wins.

well not exactly since usually sain has more speed than lowen and his str is more than lowen's defense a lot of the times I think we know who can win SOMETIMES I think overall sain and lowen are tied in some ways

Wait, what?

Lowen has a higher speed base of 7 to Sain's 6, while Sain has a 40% growth and Lowen has a 30%. Lowen wins until Level 6, they tie until 17, and then Sain has, like, a 1 point lead until the end of the game. They have the same speed, basically.

Lowen's defensive parameters pretty much equal Sain's offense, too. It's 5 HP, 5 Defense, and higher avoid (lolsupports) vs. 7 strength. I don't even think Sain has higher Crit, because Lowen's supports are 2pro.

Lowen's supports are also unreliable, while Sain is practically guaranteed to get Kent. And you can't really assign values to make defense and offense "equal" each other, especially since this game's enemies end up bad enough that Sain is very resilient as he is, and then his offense lead comes out on top. Lowen is better in the earlygame, however.

Show me where I brought up speed. Oh wait, that's right, you can't because not once did I mention speed. And if Lowen's having to use more expensive weapons to get up to Sain's level of offense, a winnar is Sain. And I like how you're trying to hype Lowen's defense lead as anything meaningful. FE7 enemies are failures. Sain and Kent are resilient enough to get through the day. Lowen's offense, on the other hand, may end up slowing the team down.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Show me where I brought up speed. Oh wait, that's right, you can't because not once did I mention speed. And if Lowen's having to use more expensive weapons to get up to Sain's level of offense, a winnar is Sain. And I like how you're trying to hype Lowen's defense lead as anything meaningful. FE7 enemies are failures. Sain and Kent are resilient enough to get through the day. Lowen's offense, on the other hand, may end up slowing the team down.

I know I ain't lowen's side or anything but I know one thing is for sure and that is kent gets raped by lowen and ninji we're comparing these 3 people on how they do during the game not against each other