Some things I want changed about Pokemon...

Phoenix Wright

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know, she has never been uber. Though there are a lot of debates about pushing her up to uber. The fact is, Blissey can't be OHKO by any non-uber Pokemon, but since it also doesn't have a high offensive capability like Garchomp, it is not banned.

Entirely untrue.

Take Deoxys-S's temporary unbanning as an example when they were testing how DX-S would break the metagame. Apparently, the most popular combinations were lead DX-S with Dual Screen (which by the way is broken with someone like Suicune behind them) and the revenge killer having an easy time picking enemies off without the requirement of a Choice Scarf.

Blissey isn't deemed Uber just because how unbalanced Special Attacks would become in general. Physical attacks are pretty intimidating, but Special Attacks are pretty hard to defend against with many Pokemon. You see more Physical "walls" and "tanks" than you do Special ones. IIRC a max HP / max SpD (or was it Def) Regice is comparable to a 0/0 EV'd Blissey, or even inferior for that matter.

Allow me to tell you how to beat Blissey: mixed sweepers. We have Tyranitar (BOAH), MixApe, and much more on top of that. FFS, I remember using Honchkrow in OU and it made Blissey cry. It was rather frail attempt (Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Heat Wave / Superpower is a bit better under UU circumstances and is more of a glass cannon), but it worked. Nowadays we have Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor which can U-Turn safely to another Pokemon as well. Not to mention that under Sandstorm conditions, Su(b)perior was easy to set up against a Blissey.

i wish Nintendo would stop contradicting themselves.

Circa 2000, they all claimed that Mew was the creator of pokemon.

Now Arcues is shitting all over it.

Mew created all Pokemon at that time.

Arceus created all Pokemon after that.

Except Arceus itself, who was created by Mew. Or the next legendary that created everything. I don't know.

Or maybe Arceus created Mew, that created everyother poke.

Therefore, Arceus created everyone

Or maybe Arceus created Mew, that created everyother poke.

Therefore, Arceus created everyone

Wouldn't that make mew PokeJesus?

It technically had a second coming in the form of Mewtwo smiting the wicked, of which then Mew took him and his followers to a greater place and...

...I feel like I've become dumber.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

Wouldn't that make mew PokeJesus?

.......I guess it would, but he didn't died for our sins or anything like that.

Entirely untrue.

Take Deoxys-S's temporary unbanning as an example when they were testing how DX-S would break the metagame. Apparently, the most popular combinations were lead DX-S with Dual Screen (which by the way is broken with someone like Suicune behind them) and the revenge killer having an easy time picking enemies off without the requirement of a Choice Scarf.

Blissey isn't deemed Uber just because how unbalanced Special Attacks would become in general. Physical attacks are pretty intimidating, but Special Attacks are pretty hard to defend against with many Pokemon. You see more Physical "walls" and "tanks" than you do Special ones. IIRC a max HP / max SpD (or was it Def) Regice is comparable to a 0/0 EV'd Blissey, or even inferior for that matter.

Allow me to tell you how to beat Blissey: mixed sweepers. We have Tyranitar (BOAH), MixApe, and much more on top of that. FFS, I remember using Honchkrow in OU and it made Blissey cry. It was rather frail attempt (Nasty Plot / Dark Pulse / Heat Wave / Superpower is a bit better under UU circumstances and is more of a glass cannon), but it worked. Nowadays we have Pokemon like Choice Band Scizor which can U-Turn safely to another Pokemon as well. Not to mention that under Sandstorm conditions, Su(b)perior was easy to set up against a Blissey.

So she was uber before?

I did forget to mention that she centralized the game so that special sweepers would gain dominance.

I want the friendship system to actually take affect in battles outside of Return. Like, how quickly they recover from confusion or something similar.

Yes.

I want the friendship system to actually take affect in battles outside of Return. Like, how quickly they recover from confusion or something similar.

Yes.

Or charm effects and such.

So she was uber before?

I did forget to mention that she centralized the game so that special sweepers would gain dominance.

No, she was never deemed Uber because she balanced the OU metagame so well. If you think she's a pain in the ass, handle it like any other threat: prepare for it. I'd love to show you the post which had a very in-depth explaination on her staying OU. Unfortunately I cannot find it. Perhaps someone has a link to it, but I doubt it.

Edited by Colonel M

No, she was never deemed Uber because she balanced the OU metagame so well. If you think she's a pain in the ass, handle it like any other threat: prepare for it. I'd love to show you the post which had a very in-depth explaination on her staying OU. Unfortunately I cannot find it. Perhaps someone has a link to it, but I doubt it.

I never doubted that she wasn't an uber. I just have personal irk against her. She's still pretty much on the edge of being an uber.

Allow me to tell you how to beat Blissey: mixed sweepers.

Pursuit, Explosion, etc. I remember in ADV I used to use a CB Gengar for Blissey...

Blame Gamefreak for not making enough Pokemon bulky in the special defensive side with useful resistances.

Pursuit, Explosion, etc. I remember in ADV I used to use a CB Gengar for Blissey...

Blame Gamefreak for not making enough Pokemon bulky in the special defensive side with useful resistances.

Actually blame Gamefreak for shorting Snorlax Natural Cure and Slack Off. He isn't bad since he has an existing Attack stat, but he does have issues. Being a Selfdestruct wall can't be all that bad though.

I use MixGar (Explosion, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, IIRC Hidden Power Ice or something @ Life Orb) and most of the time works for me.

Blissey's massive HP usually gives her decent physical defense(similar to something like Swampert). so you're going to need moves like Explosion or STAB Fighting moves to OHKO.

And yeah, Snorlac is a decent special wall, though lacking reliable recovery doesn't help.

Edited by -Cynthia-

The fact is, Blissey can't be OHKO by any non-uber Pokemon, but since it also doesn't have a high offensive capability like Garchomp, it is not banned.

Surely a Machamp with max attack, getting a critical hit with Cross Chop, and holding a Fist Plate should 1HKO a Blissey, right?

Heck, the coudl just re-start the series, like the old pokemon scrapped and just start fresh.

They COULD, but it wouldn't just be Pokemon then. D:

Ban Blissey, make Chansey the main Pokemon to block specials with.

You must be joking.

Look, allow me to say it again: Physical threats are easier to control than Special threats. PERIOD. What is one of the FEW Pokemon that can actually stop a Gengar? Yes, that would be Blissey herself. If we use Chansey, now we've basically done two things. First off, good luck damaging the opponent with anything not named Seismic Toss. Second, now you have something that is slightly weaker.

Your argument is the same as many people that simply like to complain: "ban it because I hate it". You plan for every other threat in this game: Heracross, Mamoswine, etc. Hell, I'd say Celebi is more annoying than Blissey if it wasn't for it's major weaknesses to Bug and Dark, the former becoming common with Scizor. You can beat Blissey; it does require something like a physical attacker in order to do so, but it's possible. Stall teams are also successful at beating Blissey for one reason: Toxic Spikes and other indirect damage.

I didn't sit and bitch about any Pokemon, whether it be Garchomp's reign in OU, the introduction of DX-S into the OU metagme, nor the now OU Lati@s w/out Soul Dew. I did what I normally do with teams: simply prepare for the certain threats and use a strategy.

There is no proof that Blissey centralizes the game in a negative way, hence why it is deemed OU. Forgive me, but it simply sickens me when I hear something like "Ban Pokemon X" with no proof to the whole thing.

EDIT: Chainey, this isn't entirely directed at you (I think you were being sarcastic with it), but seriously: try using Chansey in OU and see how much harder it is to soak up Special hits.

Edited by Colonel M

1st gen Chansey was even more OU than 4th gen Blissey.

How can you even make a comparison to such a thing? If anything, it's the latter due to the lack of physical attackers in general.

2nd Gen Blissey was more Uber than 4th Gen Blissey. What's the point?

How can you even make a comparison to such a thing? If anything, it's the latter due to the lack of physical attackers in general.

Literally everything ran normal type moves in RBY, so Chansey had a lot of physical attacks to deal with.

2nd Gen Blissey was more Uber than 4th Gen Blissey. What's the point?

My point is that removing Blissey will centralize special walling around Chansey. 250 HP / 105 SpD is still massive.

Wasn't Slobro considered the king of rock in gen 1?

Not really. Slowbro lacked reliable recovery moves and critical hits cut through his special boosts.

Edited by dondon151

It required something like Amnesia / Rest / Thunder Wave / Surf to help cut down the Crits and have recovery... it sort of sucks. Not a bad strategy, but it requires some time seeting up.

My point is that removing Blissey will centralize special walling around Chansey. 250 HP / 105 SpD is still massive.
This.

I don't expect Blissey to be banned, but it would not be a bad thing at all if it was.