Some things I want changed about Pokemon...

Phoenix Wright

This is the truth really. It's worked remarkably well so far.

<3 Weavile.

Sneasel/Weavile are only good now because of physical dark and ice moves. I love him anyway.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow most of this crap went over my head. Shows how much has changed since Crystal (the last game I played to the end).

I might finish off Sapphire, I dunno.

You know what would be cool? If Pokemon healed (albeit slowly) as you walked. I dunno if that's an option in the newer games but that'd be cool.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Wow most of this crap went over my head. Shows how much has changed since Crystal (the last game I played to the end).

I might finish off Sapphire, I dunno.

You know what would be cool? If Pokemon healed (albeit slowly) as you walked. I dunno if that's an option in the newer games but that'd be cool.

It is actually a good idea that hasn't been implemented.

It makes sense as they "faint" and they can be healed when you take a rest at your home. So it only makes sense that they heal over time.

The only problem with the idea is it might make the game significantly easier, especially at the elite four.

Think about this scenario. You're in a double battle. One of your Pokemon uses protect. One Pokemon explodes, killing or mortally wounding two opponents for the price of one. I'd say that's damn useful and cheap.

I was actually thinking about a 1vs1 scenario, with both trainers at their 1st or 2nd poke.

However, yeah, the move can be frustrating for the one that is taking it, and awesome for the one that uses it the way you described, or killing off the strongest of the opponent's poke, while still having one left etc

It is actually a good idea that hasn't been implemented.

It makes sense as they "faint" and they can be healed when you take a rest at your home. So it only makes sense that they heal over time.

The only problem with the idea is it might make the game significantly easier, especially at the elite four.

Maybe they could disable this on Gyms and on the Elite 4. Or maybe having Faint as not being on 0hp, but just being unable to battle. It could be healed on the PokeCenter only.

This is pretty much why I wouldn't implement it.

You coudld just spam it at the elite four, walk around in circles or something. It would take the whole point of teh elite four away.

Would it really matter though? You're already rich enough to stock up on a hospital's worth of healing items by the time you reach the Elite Four anyway.

They could compensate by making the Elite Four....you know tough.

Edited by burning_phoneix

This is pretty much why I wouldn't implement it.

You coudld just spam it at the elite four, walk around in circles or something. It would take the whole point of teh elite four away.

Technically, so does owning 99 super potions and the like, and there's nothing against that with the Elite Four.

Though I mean it could just be an "in the wild" type of deal, like Smooth Criminal was talking about. You could make it so it doesn't work inside buildings or during special tournaments.

Would it really matter though? You're already rich enough to stock up on a hospital's worth of healing items by the time you reach the Elite Four anyway.

They could compensate by making the Elite Four....you know tough.

It wouldn't matter if they were tough or not. After you defeat one you'd be fully healed.

What they should do is reduce the amount of money given from trainers to help make the Elite four harder.

Though I mean it could just be an "in the wild" type of deal, like Smooth Criminal was talking about. You could make it so it doesn't work inside buildings or during special tournaments.

Still, it'd make thigns too easy IMO.

So long as they don't give all generic trainers' pokemon horrible movesets, incredibly low levels, etc. I don't think it'd make things "too easy".

I think that, to somewhat add to the difficulty, generic trainers should automatically have their pokemon at similar levels as the pokemon you have yourself. I believe it's a concept already introduced in battle tower-like things; the trainer's pokemon are at the same level as your highest levelled pokemon.

So long as they don't give all generic trainers' pokemon horrible movesets, incredibly low levels, etc. I don't think it'd make things "too easy".

You just have to get through one battle and your pokemon can get to insta-full health. It makes the game much, much harder if you have to fight multiple trainers at the same health that you left the last one, or with less resources.

You just have to get through one battle and your pokemon can get to insta-full health. It makes the game much, much harder if you have to fight multiple trainers at the same health that you left the last one, or with less resources.

It doesn't have to be a marathon of death, just some battles that actually require more thought.

you know what i'd like multiple saving slots. i hate my brother beating things in my pokemon game. i wanted to fight volkner and flint T_T

you know what i'd like multiple saving slots. i hate my brother beating things in my pokemon game. i wanted to fight volkner and flint T_T

I can agree with this. I hated erasing my Leafgreen team, but I was too bored with it.

Good idea, but how many?

3-4 slots?

This.

Also, you know those trainers with pokemon that have a "normal" level for your team to fight?

Like a pokemon trainer has one level 28 pokemon.

Then another trainer has two level 24 pokemon.

And then you see a fisher with six level 15 magikarp. <-- screw this.

This.

Also, you know those trainers with pokemon that have a "normal" level for your team to fight?

Like a pokemon trainer has one level 28 pokemon.

Then another trainer has two level 24 pokemon.

And then you see a fisher with six level 15 magikarp. <-- screw this.

lol magikarp i hated. not enough exp given after a kill <_<

lol magikarp i hated. not enough exp given after a kill <_<

Or those pokefans with 5 level 15 Skitty and a level 35 Delcatty. o_O

I'd like to see the computer's AI ramped up a couple of notches. Many a time I have been in a fight against a Geodude/Graveler/ground pokemon, and the first thing that they do is Mud Sport (increasing their resistance against a move that they are already immune to). The computer will repeatedly do this, even if I'm not using an electric-type pokemon.

Yes, let's make healing items completely pointless outside of battles.

I'm sick of hand holding ideas like this in games.

Edited by Chainey

Yes, let's make healing items completely pointless outside of battles.

I'm sick of hand holding ideas like this in games.

Healing items are of no issue throughout the game, as the game gives you whatever you'll need throughout the adventure, and by the time it DOES become an issue (Elite 4), you have all the money in the goddamn world and could personally make Bill Gates ask to be bitchslapped for a nominal fee.

However, the idea is still dumb because it would just add tedium. Lot of fun to be walking around until you're all healed up (keep in mind healing a pokemon like Snorlax...), so unmonotonous and action packed. There's a pokecenter, just run back to it and it works just as fine.

My suggestion is give more pokemon healing abilities and make them like 5 point moves. Some pokemon just outright suck, give a reason to at least bring them along for the maingame.

Better rivals pl0cks.

Seriously, Blue and Silver were kickass true rivals.

Now, we just have a bunch of the opposite sex running around trying to be your "best friend" and suck your dick >_>

In other words, make them rivals.

Blue and Silver were major assholes, and ppl liked to hate them for that reason. Now it's just too friendly, seems more like a sparring fella.