Some things I want changed about Pokemon...

Phoenix Wright

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shit function and I'll call it obsolete enough to use the term. Notwithstanding that even as old as Pokeman is, it's never even had save points, so delving into the chest of outgrown RPG functions for an improvement is even more pointless.

Save points are fine when done properly (and we have quick save features now that allow for quick escapes if necessary. FF4DS is a perfect example of having both save points and quick saves). To call certain features archaic just because they're not convenient I can't tolerate or agree with.

And like I already said, Pokmeon is not one of these games that would benefit anyway. It's not challenge centric enough to really justify save points.

Edited by Samuto

Tell me, what is stopping these people from liking these Pokemon?

Give me a good reason that they somehow have to stop liking the previous evolutions. People still like Pikachu and whatnot.

Also:

- Magmortar is an evolution of an already incredibly ugly Pokemon. Even the baby version is ugly.

- Electivire is a beefier version of his previous forms, but isn't a huge departure from its previous forms.

- Rhyperior has a pretty cool design. Gives the Rhydon lineup some much needed color while still retaining a look like his previous forms. A definite improvement since Rhydon isn't exactly "a cute and fluffy" Pokemon.

- Togekiss is still cute, and is actually an improvement over Togetic.

This leaves... Porygon Z and Lickylicky. Porygon 2 looks like a rubber duck instead of a mass of polygons, so Porygon Z is an improvement by being more interesting than a rubber duck. Lickylicky is definitely a downgrade, but honestly who actually cares about the Lickitung lineup that they have to gripe and moan about Pokemon evolutions getting uglier?

I'm sorry, but what the fuck did you just say? You made NO sense right there.

I'm sorry, but what the fuck did you just say? You made NO sense right there.
In the first two sentences I basically say, "New evolutions do not delete unevolved favorites."

Then I say...

- Magmortar is an evolution of an already incredibly ugly Pokemon. Even the baby version is ugly.

- Electivire is a beefier version of his previous forms, but isn't a huge departure from its previous forms.

- Rhyperior has a pretty cool design. Gives the Rhydon lineup some much needed color while still retaining a look like his previous forms. A definite improvement since Rhydon isn't exactly "a cute and fluffy" Pokemon.

This leaves... Porygon Z and Lickylicky. Porygon 2 looks like a rubber duck instead of a mass of polygons, so Porygon Z is an improvement by being more interesting than a rubber duck. Lickylicky is definitely a downgrade, but honestly who actually cares about the Lickitung lineup that they have to gripe and moan about Pokemon evolutions getting uglier?

There's some other stuff that I want changed such as:

• The routes between towns/cities need to be longer
  • Save points
  • Get rid of HMs
  • More RPG elements

The routes are already at a decent length.

The ability to save anywhere is great, I have absolutely no clue why you'd want to get rid of it. It definitely wouldn't improve the game.

Why get rid of HMs? Maybe make them as forgettable as TMs but what would the point in taking out HMs be?

RPG elements are already there. Taking IVs and EVs into consideration, its definitely there. Not sure what more you could add onto this to make it more RPG-ish unless you want to start effecting the actual trainer.

Because saving wherever the fuck you want to save at is lame. And besides, I'm more used to having save points.

So, personal bias? Got it.

1. Shinies are overrated.

I've been playing Pokemon since it came out. Since G/S came out and introduced us to shinies, I've seen a grand total of one shiny. That was the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage which you are required to see. That is literally the only shiny I have ever encountered. If I ever see a shiny in a game of mine that isn't that same Gyarados, for HG/SS, I will flip.

In the first two sentences I basically say, "New evolutions do not delete unevolved favorites."

When did I say they did? Again, you aren't making sense.

Then I say...

So... more useless blathering that doesn't really add to the conversation. Understood.

It's not useless, as it shoots down most complaints (except Lickylicky and Porygon Z) about new evolutions of 1st gen Pokes being ugly.

I don't think there's anyone that is talking about evolutions of 1st gen Pokemon, actually. So yeah, it is useless.

Anyway, I do agree that generic trainers need to be harder.

I don't think there's anyone that is talking about evolutions of 1st gen Pokemon, actually. So yeah, it is useless.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=460278

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=473302 - I had thought this post was in support of the previous one, which I'm wrong, but I'm still going to beat my points into everyone's heads anyway.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=460278

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?...st&p=473302 - I had thought this post was in support of the previous one, which I'm wrong, but I'm still going to beat my points into everyone's heads anyway.

You obviously didn't understand my post then. I said nothing about evolutions. Again, useless blather, especially since we've moved on from that. Just because you think you have a point doesn't mean you do.

Edited by Crystal Shards

I've been playing Pokemon since it came out. Since G/S came out and introduced us to shinies, I've seen a grand total of one shiny. That was the Red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage which you are required to see. That is literally the only shiny I have ever encountered. If I ever see a shiny in a game of mine that isn't that same Gyarados, for HG/SS, I will flip.
I too have been at Pokemon since it first came out. I think that you don't play Pokemon as often as I do, since I encountered at least 10 shinies in my whole life, (or maybe I'm just fucking lucky) other than the red Gyarados in the second generation. They are absolutely nothing to go "ZOMG!!!1" over. Unless they had something that actually separates them from regulars other than just being shiny (such as higher IVs). Edited by Luster Warrior

I wish they hadn't contradicted themselves by saying Mew was the creator of all Pokemon, then saying that Arceus was the creator in DP. Assholes.

I will say the idea of them just finding a new region or, "it was always there and we just never mentioned it", is a little uncreative...

Ah c'mon, Shiny Charizard >>

Also, I don't agree of getting rid of the HMs, just making it an unlimited use TM of some sort, that can be deleted, then learned again.

I personally would like to see the ability to rebattle every trainer, not just some of them. This includes gym leaders.

I wish Pokemon that weren't legendaries would evolve. By this I mean Pokemon like Tropius, Skarmory, et cetera.
No thank you. I don't want to see any more Lickylicky repeats.

This. Lickylicky was the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

I also wish steel types weren't so shitty.

Aggron's pretty good.

I too have been at Pokemon since it first came out. I think that you don't play Pokemon as often as I do, since I encountered at least 10 shinies in my whole life, (or maybe I'm just fucking lucky) other than the red Gyarados in the second generation. They are absolutely nothing to go "ZOMG!!!1" over. Unless they had something that actually separates them from regulars other than just being shiny (such as higher IVs).

I'd say I have at least 150-200 hours on each one, maybe less on Pearl. It may be that you're just lucky or that I'm unlucky, my item find record in Diablo 2: LOD is horrible.

The thing that makes shinies nice for me is their rarity. Its something like a 1/8192 chance of finding one in the wild with nothing influencing it.

Aggron's pretty good.

Aggron sucks. Metagross, Scizor, Bronzong, Empoleon, Heatran, Dialga, Magnezone, Skarmory, Jirachi, and Forretress are the only good steel types, and that's actually quite a bit.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Reasoning?

He's like a brick wall against everything non-special and non-ground. And can use a vareity of moves quite effectively.

4x weakness to fighting and ground and low Sp. def. That is bad considering all the dangerous ground types and fighters out there. An the many pokemon that can learn ground moves and fighting moves.

4x weakness to fighting and ground and low Sp. def. That is bad considering all the dangerous ground types and fighters out there. An the many pokemon that can learn ground moves and fighting moves.

Fair enougth, there's still the magnemites though.

Aggron sucks. Metagross, Scizor, Bronzong, Empoleon, Heatran, Dialga, Magnezone, Skarmory, Jirachi, and Forretress are the only good steel types, and that's actually quite a bit.

I think you just listed about half of them (not including pre-evolutions).