Some things I want changed about Pokemon...

Phoenix Wright

If it's any consolation, the tios/tias, Kyogre and Rayquaza were boring as well.

I didn't even like Salamence. Blaziken's like the only pokemon I liked gen 3 save Zangoose.

'cept for Rayquaza, it works.

Salamance is kinda fail, double weakness to ice = bad. Not to mention it loses it's not very effective ness against thunder pokemon.

Being good =/= looking cool, though :P

Also, why is Garchomp uber, again? Doesn't it take 4x damage to Ice, like Salamance?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was boring because there really wasn't anything there. No real plot twists, no real innovation of graphics, nothing. Beat your gym leaders, defeat the E4, and go to Battle Tower. That was really it.

And why have like 20938208432 legendaries and one Master Ball? I mean it wasn't THAT difficult to catch them (especially if you, I dunno, save), but come on... How many Pokemon need to be legendary?

If you honestly think that, you don't know shit about Pokemon.

I don't see how being 4* weak against a move isn't bad. You used it against Aggron.

And why have like 20938208432 legendaries and one Master ball?

I thought that was D&P? RSE had the same amount of legendaries GSC had.

I don't see how being 4* weak against a move isn't bad. You used it against Aggron.

Weaknesses alone don't make or break a Pokemon.. Otherwise, Celebi would be shit and Sableye wouldn't be shit.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

I thought that was D&P? RSE had the same amount of legendaries GSC had.

Six in RSE: Latios, Latias, those three equivalents for the birds from RBY, and the big ugly green dragon. But once you add in the four from RBY and the six from GSC it's like... holy shit how many legendaries do you need?

I find the number of legendaries excessive personally, it makes them seem less legendary when there are nearly 20 of them.

As for 4* weaknesses, it often depends on what these weaknesses are. Aggron's Fighting and Ground weaknesses are bad because Fighting moves and Earthquake are very common. Celebi's Bug weakness comes up a lot less.

4* weaknesses really aren't that bad if the Pokemon isn't weak to much else or has high stats (hi Garchomp).

'cept for Rayquaza, it works.

Being good =/= looking cool, though :P

Also, why is Garchomp uber, again? Doesn't it take 4x damage to Ice, like Salamance?

With the introduction of the Yachte Berry (sp?), he has become broken. Not to mention he outruns most Pokemon with his abnormal speed stat. Most speedy Pokemon have speed stats as multiples of 5. Garchomp's base speed is 102 where most speedy Pokemons' base speed is 100 (This is also the reason why Infernape has good speed). Of course there are non-ubers who are faster than Garchomp. The best counter to Garchomp was Weavile since it had STAB Ice moves and was faster than Garchomp. With the Yachte Berry, Weavile lost the abilty to OHKO Garchomp. A few other Pokemon were good counters, such as Froslass and Blissey. With the Yachte Berry, Garchomp lost a lot of counters. And in modern competitve battles, teams usually had 2 or 3 Pokemon just to counter Garchomps. In other words, he's so OU that most teams expect a Garchomp, yet still can't do much about it since there are no completely effective counters anymore.

Personally, he needed to be banned. He was becoming a menace to competitive battling. Though Blissey's probably next on the ban list.

Holy shit. Even if he's nerfed the next games, he would still be OU, by this description.

Add real moves to Wobbufet, dammit. Enough of him being the real gamebreaker.

Adding more moves to Wobbuffet won't obsolete the staple Counter / Mirror Coat / Safeguard / Encore moveset. The only possible consequence is that it becomes even more broken.

I was actually referring to nerf him. I mean Wynaut->Wobbufet is THE uber poke. Maybe take out Safeguard/Encore, I dunno

Edited by Smooth Criminal

Personally, he needed to be banned. He was becoming a menace to competitive battling. Though Blissey's probably next on the ban list.

I thought Blissey was already an Uber. Or did she get dropped a tier in the transition between R/S/E and D/P?

Berries irritate the hell out of me. Other than the status-improving ones (which is hit and miss unless you're like, in a forest where there are lots of poison Pokemon or in a machinery area, where there are a lot of electric Pokemon) and Pokeblocks, they're useless. "Yay I heal 10HP!" Yeah, great.

Also what's the point with some of the moves? Like, that move where Pokemon "identify" each other? What the fuck is that about?

Edited by Crystal Shards

With the introduction of the Yachte Berry (sp?), he has become broken. Not to mention he outruns most Pokemon with his abnormal speed stat. Most speedy Pokemon have speed stats as multiples of 5. Garchomp's base speed is 102 where most speedy Pokemons' base speed is 100 (This is also the reason why Infernape has good speed). Of course there are non-ubers who are faster than Garchomp. The best counter to Garchomp was Weavile since it had STAB Ice moves and was faster than Garchomp. With the Yachte Berry, Weavile lost the abilty to OHKO Garchomp. A few other Pokemon were good counters, such as Froslass and Blissey. With the Yachte Berry, Garchomp lost a lot of counters. And in modern competitve battles, teams usually had 2 or 3 Pokemon just to counter Garchomps. In other words, he's so OU that most teams expect a Garchomp, yet still can't do much about it since there are no completely effective counters anymore.
This, though I stopped playing before Garchomp got Uber'd.
I remember the only reason Blissey was always kept in OU was so that the game wouldn't centralize around Special Attacks.
Berries irritate the hell out of me. Other than the status-improving ones (which is hit and miss unless you're like, in a forest where there are lots of poison Pokemon or in a machinery area, where there are a lot of electric Pokemon) and Pokeblocks, they're useless. "Yay I heal 10HP!" Yeah, great.
Not in competitive battling. See above about how the Yachte Berry made Garchomp broken.
Also what's the point with some of the moves? Like, that move where Pokemon "identify" each other? What the fuck is that about?
IIRC I think it was so that certain Pokemon could be targeted, but it is so situational that I forgot these moves even existed. Edited by Chainey

IIRC I think it was so that certain Pokemon could be targeted, but it is so situational that I forgot these moves even existed.

Those have two effects.

1. Gives normal and fighting moves from the Pokemon the ability to hit ghost pokemon for the next attack

2. Gives 100% accuracy for the Pokemon's next attack.

Articuno is the only Pokemon that can learn one of those moves and a 1 hit KO attack iirc.

Edited by Boat

Serously though, I agree that there are too many legendaries. I'll come up with a quick list...

R/B/Y

Moltres

Zapdos

Articuno

Mewtwo

G/S/C

Mew

Raikou

Entei

Suicune

Celebi

Ho-oh

Lugia

R/S/E

Latios

Latias

Kyogre

Groudon

Rayquaza

Regice

Regirock

Registeel

Jirachi

Deoxys

D/P

Arceus

Azelf

Uxie

Mespirit

Regigigas

Shaymin

Heatran

Dialga

Palkia

Giratina

Cresselia

Darkrai

Manaphy

Phione

That's 35 in total, 4 from the 1st Gen, 7 from the 2nd Gen, 10 from the 3rd Gen and 14 from the 4th Gen.

It's too bad they can't take away legendaries, so complaining about there being too many is too late by now.

And since the current number is considered too many, even not adding Legendaries would mean that people would feel there are too many.

Are you talking Gen III or Gen IV? I'm not terribly acquainted with Gen IV, so that might be where my confusion is setting in.

Salac was always rather common on some movesets in gen III, and then Petaya started being used more in gen IV on some faster special sweepers. Yache Garchomp, Babiri Tyranitar, and Shuca Heatran were/are fairly common as well to resist their most common counters.

I thought Blissey was already an Uber. Or did she get dropped a tier in the transition between R/S/E and D/P?

As far as I know, she has never been uber. Though there are a lot of debates about pushing her up to uber. The fact is, Blissey can't be OHKO by any non-uber Pokemon, but since it also doesn't have a high offensive capability like Garchomp, it is not banned.

Blissey carries freaking Thunder Wave. Why does a Pokemon so hard to kill have the capability to cripple a team?

Because the creators love us

It's too bad they can't take away legendaries, so complaining about there being too many is too late by now.

And since the current number is considered too many, even not adding Legendaries would mean that people would feel there are too many.

Not necessarily, 35 legendaries in 451 pokemon looks bigger than 35 legendaries in 551 pokemon.

Heck, the coudl just re-start the series, like the old pokemon scrapped and just start fresh.