Michael Jackson dies of a heart attack

Raven

Can we all shut the hell up? I agree that Alexis was out of line for saying what she said, but she did apologize for it already, leave her alone about it.

For gods sake people, how dense are you? Get off her back about it.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People telling people telling Alexis to shut up to shut up or explain herself: fuck that. She only apologized that people didn't like what she said. When people with some capacity for respect and tact are in the room, nobody expressing reasonable remorse over death should be getting told any of this bullshit without the bullshitter having fear of getting called on it. Too scrappy? Don't give a shit. I mad? Yeah I mad. Random unfounded disrespect isn't getting glazed over.

Edited by Mac

People telling people telling Alexis to shut up to shut up or explain herself: fuck that. She only apologized that people didn't like what she said. When people with some capacity for respect and tact are in the room, nobody expressing reasonable remorse over death should be getting told any of this bullshit without the bullshitter having fear of getting called on it. Too scrappy? Don't give a shit. I mad? Yeah I mad. Random unfounded disrespect isn't getting glazed over.
Okays, I tried to keep it up for as long as I could.

Obviously, what I said was wrong. I admit that. I dunno what came over me yesterday -- maybe I was just having a bad day, maybe I was just acting a little stupid. I'm sorry, okay? Mourning his death - for whatever reason - is acceptable. As (um, I don't know what his name was) said, there are no specific laws about mourning, and everyone likely mourns for different reasons. I apologize for what I said.

However, I will not apologize for this: Grow the fuck up, guys. So, I said something completely stupid. But seriously, it's not like I said we should all laugh and celebrate his death. (Maybe some people will. People likely already have, somewhere. I know Matty did.) The way you guys all bit into me, you'd think I said "Jesus Christ, 'bout time."

I can recognize that, that's a respectable enough response. I'm cool with leaving this as it lies then.

I'm not good at black/white/black+white jokes so if somebody wants to fill the void?

Also, I love how no one gives a shit about this. It sucks to die on the same day as someone more popular than you.

It doesn't suck that much. Now when people think of MJ they'll remember her too. She'd be more easily forgotten if she died another time.

I felt sick after I heard that they started making jokes about this. It happened last night for god's sake.

I lost a lot of faith in humanity after that.

So yeah, RIP Michael.

I felt sick after I heard that they started making jokes about this. It happened last night for god's sake.

I lost a lot of faith in humanity after that.

So yeah, RIP Michael.

You had faith in humanity?

However, I will not apologize for this: Grow the fuck up, guys. So, I said something completely stupid. But seriously, it's not like I said we should all laugh and celebrate his death. (Maybe some people will. People likely already have, somewhere. I know Matty did.) The way you guys all bit into me, you'd think I said "Jesus Christ, 'bout time."
Nobody took it as a celebration of his death. We're ticked because you pretty much attacked what DLV said and acted like we're all wrong for mourning him for what is a pretty legitimate reason.

You had faith in humanity?

I try to stay as optimistic as possible. But that one felt low, even for humanity.

Nobody took it as a celebration of his death. We're ticked because you pretty much attacked what DLV said and acted like we're all wrong for mourning him for what is a pretty legitimate reason.

Dude, all you're doing is causing an argument which was already admitted to have started on a thing that just slipped out.

Give her a break.

Edited by kirsche

Dude, all you're doing is causing an argument which was already admitted to have started on a thing that just slipped out.

Give her a break.

I want to clarify the reason for our angered response, which is certainly not thinking she is celebrating his death.

Okays, I tried to keep it up for as long as I could.

Obviously, what I said was wrong. I admit that. I dunno what came over me yesterday -- maybe I was just having a bad day, maybe I was just acting a little stupid. I'm sorry, okay? Mourning his death - for whatever reason - is acceptable. As Georges St. Pierre said, there are no specific laws about mourning, and everyone likely mourns for different reasons. I apologize for what I said.

Fix'd. And apology accepted (if you care).

Ferrah Fawcett, RIP. Micheal Jackson, RIP.

Just for the record, why would Jackson need to be a pedophile? I think we would have noticed something was up in his earlier years, but we didn't. Maybe he grew crazy as he got older. With that said, he could have still gotten women.

Just for the record, why would Jackson need to be a pedophile? I think we would have noticed something was up in his earlier years, but we didn't. Maybe he grew crazy as he got older. With that said, he could have still gotten women.

Much like gay people, pedophiles aren't actually attracted to women in the first place.

>Threads about Iran crisis: 0; weeks after the fact

>Threads about dead lunatic paedophile celebrity: 1; 4 pages long; made immediately

I hope you guys don't vote.

I, for one, am glad. Now I can buy a Beatles CD without knowing I'm funding a paedophile and possible child molester. I just wish his death had been as weird as him.

Edited by Urist McMiner