Michael Jackson dies of a heart attack

Raven

I felt sick after I heard that they started making jokes about this. It happened last night for god's sake.

I lost a lot of faith in humanity after that.

So yeah, RIP Michael.

Sort of like the whole Steve Irwin thing? Welcome to the unfortunate part of reality. Some people can do pretty hateful things in the name of their sense of humor. I won't be too surprised if shows like South Park made fun of Michael's death. The world has it's good and bad moments, just have to roll with God's (for those who believe in him) punches.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what happens to the rights to The Beatle's music now?

If I had to take a guess, it either goes to his family or to whoever the person in control of such things wants.

Littlest moderators calling for a closed topic when people start to put what they really have on the line as usual right? Good stuff

Littlest moderators calling for a closed topic when people start to put what they really have on the line as usual right? Good stuff

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

So, what happens to the rights to The Beatle's music now?

Maybe Paul will try to get it back, after all.

'Scuse me?

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

A year ago on this forum (only time I will ever preface a statement concerning Serenes with this) every time there was a potential for somebody talking about anything that might have had the potential to genuinely offend anyone, people would randomly chime in with thoughts that the topic should be closed, regardless of whether arguments had gone to their basest "you are shit" "no you are shit" level, making it impossible to get anything out of it. It's some level of paranoid and dramatic of me, yeah, but I am tired of even the idea of topics getting closed because a couple of people whine about the possibility that someone will be butthurt. Not trying to hate on Raven as a single party, but on a reasonable forum moderators should not be bailing anybody out like that, much less people that may not be in trouble in the first place and are being paranoid, and if somebody thinks the topic isn't worth replying to, they are free to keep as much to themselves if that's all the input they have.

Edited by Mac

Yeah I already heard one of those jokes today. It's pathetic.

All I'll say is it involves Farrah Fawcett's death as well. It's terrible what people do with this.

I think I've heard the joke you're talkin about.

It kinda sucks that he dies after such a successful career as nothing but the butt of some pedophile and white woman jokes. D:

Well, not nothing else but that, but that's a large portion of what he is nowadays.

Edited by ManaBlitz

A year ago on this forum (only time I will ever preface a statement concerning Serenes with this) every time there was a potential for somebody talking about anything that might have had the potential to genuinely offend anyone, people would randomly chime in with thoughts that the topic should be closed, regardless of whether arguments had gone to their basest "you are shit" "no you are shit" level, making it impossible to get anything out of it. It's some level of paranoid and dramatic of me, yeah, but I am tired of even the idea of topics getting closed because a couple of people whine about the possibility that someone will be butthurt. Not trying to hate on Raven as a single party, but on a reasonable forum moderators should not be bailing anybody out like that, much less people that may not be in trouble in the first place and are being paranoid, and if somebody thinks the topic isn't worth replying to, they are free to keep as much to themselves if that's all the input they have.

I couldn't care less about the arguing that was going on, I simply stated my thoughts on the topic, saying that I think it's basically run it's course, as it was starting to derail. I dislike topics I create derailing.

Acknowledged, I flew off my handle. But I don't really think a news topic is the kind of one that is the creator's to dictate.

So, how about the crisis in Iran?

I was just thinking about how about a year back, that's all the news was about. Now the one time something happens, they don't care about it o-o.

I couldn't care less about the arguing that was going on, I simply stated my thoughts on the topic, saying that I think it's basically run it's course, as it was starting to derail. I dislike topics I create derailing.

Honestly people saying, "This topic should be closed," is spam in my opinion. You think a topic is out of control or has served its purpose? Talk to a moderator.

Honestly people saying, "This topic should be closed," is spam in my opinion. You think a topic is out of control or has served its purpose? Talk to a moderator.

I agree. Although I'd prefer nothing more than for people to keep the Jackson jokes out of the general topic announcing his death, and for any pointless arguments to stop. That's basically why I said what I did at the top of the page.

I agree. Although I'd prefer nothing more than for people to keep the Jackson jokes out of the general topic announcing his death, and for any pointless arguments to stop. That's basically why I said what I did at the top of the page.

No offense, but just because you say something doesn't mean people are going to listen or even care, and what you want may not be what other people want, so again, I go back to my original statement that if you want a topic closed, talk to a mod.

I tell you, only one good thing has come from Michael Jackson's death; because the media is so distracted about it, for one week none of us actually have to give a shit about what kind of sandwich Robert Pattinson just ate.

It's shocking that the Twilards will actually have to read something not written by Stephenie Meyer to learn about Edward Cullen. A dangerous thing, that newspaper...

On a more serious note, I was listening to They Don't Care About Us when I heard the news. I felt like crap for the rest of the day.