Michael Jackson dies of a heart attack

Raven

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourning the death of somebody that has influenced you in any way is by no means unreasonable. Death is reason to mourn itself. That's some callous shit you're dropping.

Mourning the death of somebody that has influenced you in any way is by no means unreasonable. Death is reason to mourn itself. That's some callous shit you're dropping.
Wait... you're kidding right? Obviously mourning his death is acceptable. To do so only because of a few good songs is immature and unintelligent, in my opinion. To do so because he died, though, isn't.

Did anybody say that if he had any other kind of career path,there would be less reason to mourn his death? "He had made good music, RIP" is not "He made good music, therefore RIP"

I felt terribly(and still do) for this tragedy, just about when he was about to play live...

Oh, I never believed that sh*t of him sexually abusing children, never!

First and foremost reason that 2009 is shit is because we let Obama in.

Gotta agree with that.

Are you guys serious? Really? Someone dies and all you have to say it "He made some cool music." You should either say "I hated the son of a bitch," "I liked him," or somewhere in between. But really. Good music is no reason to mourn a death.

I really liked the guy actually. Probably the only singer that I actually cared about. Back when I was a little kid, I think he was the only singer I knew. And I had this uncle who was a big fan of him.

Are you guys serious? Really? Someone dies and all you have to say it "He made some cool music." You should either say "I hated the son of a bitch," "I liked him," or somewhere in between. But really. Good music is no reason to mourn a death.

Wait, wut? Since when are there rules to mourning?

You know, anybody can mourn for any reason they want. No one wants to mourn by your standards, by my standards, by Jesus' standards, whatever. It's entirely personal. If DLV wants to mourn for him because he made good music, why do you have to give him a hard time about it? It's not like he's making oceans of fucking tears, he just really liked his music.

But of course this would all be wrong if there ARE mourning laws.

Edited by Georges St. Pierre

Wow. Some people need to grow the hell up. It's not like I said he was going to hell for mourning over something like that, kays? All I said was it's kind of unusual and ridiculous. And it wasn't just that one guy - I meant the other four or five who said the same thing, too.

It's a shame he died.. I thought this wouldnt happen for a long time but he was a great singer. He changed the way music was heard. ( I think)

Edited by Jason W.

Wow. Some people need to grow the hell up. It's not like I said he was going to hell for mourning over something like that, kays? All I said was it's kind of unusual and ridiculous. And it wasn't just that one guy - I meant the other four or five who said the same thing, too.

So, say my third cousin died. What if all I had to remember him by was the time he stepped on my toe in '92? Is that ridiculous? Is that unusual? Fuck no. Don't tell me (or anyone else) I need to grow up when you're putting people down just because of the reason they're mourning.

Maybe his great music was all they could remember him by. He is known as the King of Pop for a reason.

Are you serious? Really? You want us to mourn his death because of liking him, but everyone forbid we have an actual reason to like him. You did not consider that being a fan of an entertainer and enjoying his works is a step towards getting to know that person, even if he will have never known us.

Can we all shut the hell up? I agree that Alexis was out of line for saying what she said, but she did apologize for it already, leave her alone about it.

So yeah. Whether or not he is a molester is up for debate, but it's an undisputed fact that he was one of the best there was when it came to music. Besides, music and crime damn near go hand in hand.

Wish it was just a coma, but what happens, happens....

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

I just want this to be dredged up one more time.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? What the fuck else are we supposed to mourn Michael Jackson's death for? His nose? No-one would know or care about him if it wasn't for his music. It was what he was famous for and probably (make that definitely) his greatest accomplishment. Why NOT mourn him because of his music? I'd hate to think what you would have had to say about John Lennon. :P

Within an hour of me finding this out this morning I was getting stupid jokes in text messages about it from everyone. I automatically thought "too soon."

RIP MJ D:

Within an hour of me finding this out this morning I was getting stupid jokes in text messages about it from everyone. I automatically thought "too soon."

RIP MJ D:

Well, too bad, you thought wrong.

Wait... you're kidding right? Obviously mourning his death is acceptable. To do so only because of a few good songs is immature and unintelligent, in my opinion. To do so because he died, though, isn't.

Call me callous, but if people mourned death for death's sake, everyone would be depressed all the damn time. If MJ hadn't made the music he did hardly any of us would have even known he was alive, and his death would have just been another guy dying of a heart attack. We probably wouldn't have even known he was gone. To appreciate what he did during his life isn't immature or unintelligent. Jumping on someone because they're doing so is, however.

That said, the man made good music. Rest in peace dude.

Edited by Crystal Shards