do u think that the sages have improved in this game?

i think they imporved a lot since the gameboy games.

when i played the gameboy games i was able to send out an army of them and not have to heal.

So.... you expect them to take damage and need to use elixirs?

>_> Or do you mean they got more balanced?

yeah i meant balanced.

another thing i meant was they dont wear armor just robes.

i saw in one of my FE games an enemy with a steel sword delt 3 damage to one of my sages.

Edited by aizengard

FE6 mages were the "best" in the series. Decent AS and giant attack power coupled with player units having terrible res made them scary.

Three words: Levin and son.

But I suppose the other mages in fe4 weren't anywhere near as good.

Tiltyu

JULIA.

I'd say that Soren is better in this game compared to himself in PoR. The other sages that were in PoR however, seem to have gotten worse...

With regards to the other games in the series, I can't say.

Tiltyu

JULIA.

Look at my username. But even so, she doesn't get it until the end. Resire is awesome, though, and I suppose not having to worry about losing it is good since she can use it far more than any other mage in any other game can use the self-healing + attacking stuff. But how much does she double with it? I only played through once and it was 4 years ago, or something. It is 14 mt, though, and enemies have pathetic res. And I'm sure she would double axe users fairly easily, and probably even lances and fire mages since she only needs 1 more spd thanks to pursuit. Since I never played fe6 though, I can't really compare her performance to fe6 mages. But I guess she probably beats them.

I know once she gets Narga she is almost unstoppable, and that will outrank anything any mage without a holy weapon could ever hope to do. (and I think Yuria sounds better, and I'll go with this site's names)

Titlyu has wrath, yes, but without ambush she can't use it as well, and she has a low magic growth. I suppose she caps speed, but without pursuit she can't double. Again, I never played fe6, but does she beat them?

(Assuming we include everyone who can use anima in fe4)

Then there is Azel, Diadora, Adean (when she promotes), Claude, Rana (when she promotes), Arthur without Levin, Tinny, Corpul (when he promotes).

Sety likely does fine even without Levin, though.

The point is, a bunch of them will never double without a pursuit ring, and I don't see them doing as well as Levin, Levin's son, or Yuria.

Since I never played fe6 I guess I can't judge, and since I haven't even played fe4 in ~4 years, but that's why I didn't assume that fe4's mages on average were better than fe6's mages on average.

Tiltyu is terrible, Narga_Rocks and Roxas. She's extremely underleveled, has to somehow train in a chapter filled with Pegasus Knights and Wind Mages (Wind > Thunder), and she has no Pursuit on top of that.

Tiltyu is terrible, Narga_Rocks and Roxas. She's extremely underleveled, has to somehow train in a chapter filled with Pegasus Knights and Wind Mages (Wind > Thunder), and she has no Pursuit on top of that.

Yeah, I kinda figured she wasn't that great. I didn't remember too well, though. And when I said caps speed I should have said almost caps. And I mentioned the lack of pursuit.

Still, would you say fe4 has the best mages overall? There are a fair number of mages that aren't that great in fe4, but there are also 3 that are pretty amazing, and good even without Holsety and Narga.

Tiltyu's death quote... its a bit controversial.

:rolleyes:

teehee.

I wasn't talking about certain player mages; just the class in general. Player units can break trends in so many ways that it's useless to generalize by looking at only a few of them.

FE5 and FE6 were the only games in which I would actually be scared of mages. The rest of the games I can be like "o lol" and blow them away.

I wasn't talking about certain player mages; just the class in general. Player units can break trends in so many ways that it's useless to generalize by looking at only a few of them.

FE5 and FE6 were the only games in which I would actually be scared of mages. The rest of the games I can be like "o lol" and blow them away.

But the class in general is a loose definition. Does it include major Holsety sages? Or major Narga sages? By ignoring player units I guess not that.

Does it even care about the existence of Resire? Or 20 MT A rank tomes?

Or how about 30 spd/30 mag stat caps?

If you are just talking about enemy mages, I don't think any have access to Resire, but facing mages with A rank tomes is bad enough, but at least none of the enemy mages have pursuit (I think). And I guess you aren't counting Thorhammer and Falaflame users because you said the class in general. But they aren't player mages, the are npcs. And there is at least one place where mages swarm like paladins usually do (12 at once, I think). That was pretty scary to look at.

Plus most of our units had really bad res. At least some units in fe6 look like they have actual res.

• 3 weeks later...

I think that mages/sages in fe6 and fe7 are better than mages/sages in fe10(if you don't count those that get enough avoid to cream almost all the enemies after they get A-rank supports with the right character, like Soren with Ike. Why? Because in my personal experience, after that was achieved, Soren became a miss-causing machine, as enemies very rarely hit Soren when Soren was at lv. 17-20 wind sage, but when he got to third-tier(Arch Sage), enemies almost never hit Soren at all... But the other sages in fe10 don't even come close to Soren's level after the A-rank support between Soren and Ike is acheived, and Soren is trained enough in speed)... In my experience, Erk(fe7), his kids(fe6), and Nino(fe7) are stronger than all fe10's sages overall without support boosts... Meaning the answer to topic in terms of fe10's sages overall is: they haven't improved from the past...

Edited by shadowjam

You'd play FE8 and use Lute/Ewan (if you could bbear training him, and he's better with Dark) for a great Sage. Saleh isn't half bad either.

As for this game, well, they suck. There's more enemies with 1-2 range weapons, meaning they could get hit often, and they die in ~2 hits.

FE6 mages were the "best" in the series. Decent AS and giant attack power coupled with player units having terrible res made them scary.

And the fact that Aircalibur is one of the most broken tomes ever, and purchasable to boot.

She is however guaranted to beat everyone in the arena thanks to wraith and Thoron, so she can close that gap rather quickly as long as you don't forget to have her visit the arena in chapter 3.