New ticket system.

Jyosua

Especially if it's things you don't like. Make the tickets read-only for members and the pretty obvious trust issues people have with you will go away because you can't sweep something under the rug without people knowing.

It won't hurt anyone by making it visible.

Edited by Pinken

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I bicker about things, I do have to agree with some people here. The tickets should at LEAST be visible to the public to prevent suspicious people.

I do like the system otherwise, or should I say the suggestion of it.

Edited by Colonel M

As much as I bicker about things, I do have to agree with some people here. The tickets should at LEAST be visible to the public to prevent suspicious people.

V

Seems kind of less easy for dramawhores to whore drama, so awesome.

I think Death's response fits.

A lot of the time a suggestion will be made that is actually worth considering, but people who disagree because they want their way will make an effort to derail the discussion and create a fight so no one cares about the suggestion anymore.

I think Death's response fits.

A lot of the time a suggestion will be made that is actually worth considering, but people who disagree because they want their way will make an effort to derail the discussion and create a fight so no one cares about the suggestion anymore.

How is making it so people can see it and not respond in that particular "ticket" creating ANY possibility for derailing discussion in that ticket?

The point is that regular users will be able to see the opinions of others and the staff's response, if any, to it.

It's time for people to stop the "miniblacken vs regular users" shit and look at this objectively.

Edited by Pinken

Seems kind of less easy for dramawhores to whore drama, so awesome.

or: people could just not be idiots about their responses and the mods could be smart about how the discussion is steered.

This seems a bit convoluted. I don't think the suggestion forum was among that which could've used this kind of attention.

Edited by Rehab

No, I support the ticket thing. Definitely would cause less drama. The problem is that as a member I would like to see some of these suggestions at least. I don't care about the ones that are going to be auto-tossed, but I don't think it's going to cause major drama just by letting me see the responses from it.

I don't care either way, but it's obvious there's going to be bickering from both sides of the argument. Almost reminds me of the postcount argument.

How is making it so people can see it and not respond in that particular "ticket" creating ANY possibility for derailing discussion in that ticket?

The point is that regular users will be able to see the opinions of others and the staff's response, if any, to it.

It's time for people to stop the "miniblacken vs regular users" shit and look at this objectively.

Apparently you don't understand how the system works now.

Member suggests it

Staff reviews it

Staff decide if it's worth mentioning

If yes, they put it in member feedback

Then members express their opinions.

This way the topics actually GET to the staff, and don't get cluttered with all kinds of arguing and fighting first.

I seriously don't get how the old system encouraged drama so much as what was posted did. Does the rest of the regular forum layout encourage drama? Is this a matter of not being trusted to not post nonstop basless shit?

Member suggests it

Staff reviews it

This way the topics actually GET to the staff, and don't get cluttered with all kinds of arguing and fighting first.

If this is exactly how the system works, then I wouldn't be as objective to it as I do understand some of the suggestions aren't worth showing it to members / etc. I've experienced inside decisions before (well, as far as suggestions).

EDIT: Though one thing that irks me a little (off-topic somewhat) is that I keep seeing the deleted posts and such topic but it's invisible. Is it possible to make it that only the people allowed to view it can actually see the forum?

Edited by Colonel M

I'm not fully getting this. We can't see the tags but mods can until you discus and decide to post it on the other topic. Am I right??

Also (I may have missed something) why can't we go into the recycling bin topic?

Why not make it read-only at first, and then open it to member discussion, at least? We're not going to message them threatening to beat them shitless through the internet or anything, and seeing suggestions we may feel strongly about just seems necessary for the best kind of feedback.

Edited by Rehab

If this is exactly how the system works, then I wouldn't be as objective to it as I do understand some of the suggestions aren't worth showing it to members / etc. I've experienced inside decisions before (well, as far as suggestions).

That's how it looks like it's working to me.

It's a good idea, this way staff members can say what they think on it before everyone else so people won't be all "that's impossible!" or "that's too much work for the staff" and other various complaints that happen when we're waiting for staff input.

It throws out the bad ideas right away so people don't feel the need to go "NO THAT'S AWFUL YOU RETARD."

No, I support the ticket thing. Definitely would cause less drama. The problem is that as a member I would like to see some of these suggestions at least. I don't care about the ones that are going to be auto-tossed, but I don't think it's going to cause major drama just by letting me see the responses from it.

I don't care either way, but it's obvious there's going to be bickering from both sides of the argument. Almost reminds me of the postcount argument.

You'll see the suggestions when we repost them for member discussion in Member Feedback. The thing is, if there's not a chance in hell we're going to implement it, why even concern people about it?

Member suggests it

Staff reviews it

...I understand perfectly.

What YOU don't seem to understand, and I dislike having to be so aggressive in my posts, is that with this system potentially important topics HAVE THE POSSIBILITY of being ignored by staff. No matter how trivial a complaint it may be, making it so we can see the tickets only ensures better support, mainly because the staff will be more apt to work on worthy complaints. There's no reason to ignore a possibility just because it could be trivial. It is important nonetheless.

This would also ensure that the staff get to have a direct conversation with the querent while also preventing outside interference unless deemed appropriate.

Why not make it read-only, at least? We're not going to message them threatening to beat them shitless through the internet or anything.

I think you and I both know that some members would disagree on the opinion and then later on remind that member how stupid they are for it.

I see all too often people have to remind others of past mistakes and use them to insult them. This way at least a person's privacy and reputation are spared when making a suggestion.

@Pinken: Jyo's response fits in the part of "if it doesn't have a chance in hell in the staff's eyes in the first place, why mention it?"

Edited by Cynthia

Why not make it read-only, at least? We're not going to message them threatening to beat them shitless through the internet or anything.

Allow me to attempt to explain this.

Sometimes moderators and admins should attempt to look at this first and see if it's worth mentioning and needs to be diverted from regular members from swaying their opinion or giving them the wrong idea. Think of it similairly like this: you attempt to write a bill that you think will be passed, and the congress / senate (this being the mods and admins) to examine it and see if it's practical or a good idea. Then they'll post it for the others to see and throw their own suggestions. Should we have to see some of the ridiculous bills that are attempted to be written in the first place if they're going to be tossed out?

Edited by Colonel M

What YOU don't seem to understand, and I dislike having to be so aggressive in my posts, is that with this system potentially important topics HAVE THE POSSIBILITY of being ignored by staff. No matter how trivial a complaint it may be, making it so we can see the tickets only ensures better support, mainly because the staff will be more apt to work on worthy complaints. There's no reason to ignore a possibility just because it could be trivial. It is important nonetheless.

This would also ensure that the staff get to have a direct conversation with the querent while also preventing outside interference unless deemed appropriate.

Sorry dude, if you don't trust us on this one, you're shit out of luck. There's the possibility of them getting ignored, but it won't happen, I assure you.

Firefox does not recognize the word querent, but I ^allofthis above post regardless

edit: baw

Edited by Rehab

You'll see the suggestions when we repost them for member discussion in Member Feedback. The thing is, if there's not a chance in hell we're going to implement it, why even concern people about it?

That wasn't exactly the problem, as I didn't quite understand how it would've worked. Cynthia seemed to clear it up better for me, so don't worry about it.

I actually think the new system is great, and protects the privacy of the members, and gives them a little bit of ease when making a suggestion and not being worried people are going think lowly of them for it.

That wasn't exactly the problem, as I didn't quite understand how it would've worked. Cynthia seemed to clear it up better for me, so don't worry about it.

Yeah Cynthia seems to understand how it's going to work. I honestly just wish people wouldn't bash something like this before it even get's off the ground. It's as if Pink is the new Black.

Yeah Cynthia seems to understand how it's going to work. I honestly just wish people wouldn't bash something like this before it even get's off the ground. It's as if Pink is the new Black.

I wasn't even bashing the system entirely, just a minor misunderstanding.