New ticket system.

Jyosua

I don't expect you to accommodate me 100% of the times. But it should bother anybody who's been in more then one forum when their administration disables a comments and suggestion board and makes their suggestion tagging system private, and picking and choosing which ones they want people to see. That's classic censorship.

Alternative option: Go somewhere where they don't?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, we're going to repost the suggestions in the member feedback forum.

And you may not insult people for making suggestions, but everyone on this forum is not you. It will overall cut down on the drama, and that is a good reason why this is being done.

If you just made them public you'd save yourself the whole "posting on feedback" plus the possibility of any suggestion getting accidentally missed will not be present (I mean it honestly Josh. We're humans and sometimes we makes mistakes or are too tired to review all the suggestions, the system you propose is going to be quite a task to handle). I just feel there would be much less hassle if they were public. Drama? You have mods to STFU the drama. Don't make things harder on you just for the sake of avoiding meaningless drama.

I don't expect you to accommodate me 100% of the times. But it should bother anybody who's been in more then one forum when their administration disables a comments and suggestion board and makes their suggestion tagging system private, and picking and choosing which ones they want people to see. That's classic censorship.

Be thankful that they even have this kind of system. I've been on forums with no suggestion box whatsoever (not that it really mattered in the first place).

UNITED STATES

AND CANADA

Not true.

The bleep out swears on television, they cut entire scenes from movies, and animes. They even censor music on the radio.

FUCK. JYOSUA BEAT ME TO IT.

Edited by Cynthia

Not true.

The bleep out swears on television, they cut entire scenes from movies, and animes. They even censor music on the radio.

Yea if that's what you want to believe that's cool and all but sorry you're wrong.

Yea if that's what you want to believe that's cool and all but sorry you're wrong.

Are you serious right now...?

Go watch "The Terminator" on television on a public channel, then go watch it on DVD. I think you'll be surprised.

Are you serious right now...?

Go watch "The Terminator" on television on a public channel, then go watch it on DVD. I think you'll be surprised.

Yes I'm serious do I not sound serious?

Like I said that's cool and all but sorry you're wrong, maybe you should do some research and come back in a few years this is obviously out of your league.

Hey this is the best system I've ever seen in my life giant props to the staff for the ingenious work.
Okay so what do you guys think of the ticket system? Imo it's pretty dumb share your comments here with me.

What the Hell?

I don't think you're one to insult my intelligence...

So I originally posted this in the wrong topic. The hell was I thinking?

Anyway. Repost.

What the fuck, guys. What the fuck...

Congratulations everyone. You sure have shown how pathetic you can be.

What do you take us for? Morons? Do you think we decide on something without having thought very well about it? Apparantly you do, and apparantly the majority of you takes us for some shitty staff that has no idea what it's doing.

Josh, you have yet to name one REAL advantage of private over public. Don't give me the whole privacy act. We're not going to insult people for making suggestions; all we want is to see what is going on. How can that be such a bad thing? It's not like we're questioning your authority Josh, however there is no way for me to support any interesting suggestions if I cannot even SEE them.

You'll see what's going on as soon as we encounter a worthwhile suggestion that we think we need the users' input on. Why do we wait before showing you? I'm going to say something similar to what I said in the staff forum.

People can use this ticket system for two things, really: to suggest, and to complain.

In the first case, final approval of new ideas comes down to what the staff decides anyway. We must feel it's worth doing. If we don't even feel it's worth doing, why bother showing you? In the second case, the post would be directed at the staff; we have to fix the problem, answer the member, respond, etc. Database problems are problems only Jyo can solve.

All tickets need the attention or approval of the staff, could only be fixed by the staff, etc. For this reason, I don't see why we would allow the regular members to receive any knowledge about tickets until we deem them worthy of user input. We need to deal with it, not you. And if there's something we want your input on, you get to see it eventually anyway.

There's more behind the implementation of the ticket system, and really, we've weighed the positives and negatives against eachother very well, and that's how we concluded that the positives of doing it exactly this was the most beneficial.

I hope this will put an end to all your whining about how you disagree with this feature being implemented. If you still disagree and express it publicly, I'll give you a blatant fuck you.

I apologize for the bold language in this post, but god, you guys simply forced me to.