worst character

Oujay

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rolf requires a lot of BEXP or babying just to become a subpar character,being locked to bows is terrible, he has pretty bad supports and unspectacular growths and bases. Really no one else even comes close, even Bastian is pretty clearly better than Rolf.

Sothe, because not only does he use knives (which are the weakest weapon type in the game), he can't even promote to second tier.

Oh, and he arrives in Ch. 13 at level 1 (granted so does Astrid, but she at least has Paragon).

The only thing he is useful for is finding all the stuff hidden in Ch.15 (because even Volke can't be on two sides of the map at once).

Four people quoteposted on my post. I feel so special. [/sarcasm]

The only thing he is useful for is finding all the stuff hidden in Ch.15 (because even Volke can't be on two sides of the map at once).

When a character has some things useful, it's likely that said character isn't the worst. Rolf has nothing going for him.

Sothe, because not only does he use knives (which are the weakest weapon type in the game), he can't even promote to second tier.

IS must not have liked Rolf. He starts pretty bad, is locked to 2 range, has a terrible affinity despite having a couple good characters on his support list, and his average-ish growths means he won't even get very far. His only positive is being around a long time, but no one cares about that when you suck.

Sothe > A good amount of characters in this game.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Im going with Sothe. He's bloody useless. He cant even fucking promote! People breathe on him and he dies. Even Rolf can do better.

Sothe has thief utility, while Rolf is an archer. Rolf has just as many durability issues as Sothe, yet his job requires he actually fight. All Sothe does is open chests and occasionally steal. As such, durability is a bit less of a factor.

Rolf. He has no use. He's an archer, which is auto-suck, his bases are horrendous, and his growths are pretty average. Nothing spectacular, despite all the trouble you have to go through to raise him.

Rolf has just as many durability issues as Sothe, yet his job requires he actually fight.

To be fair, Rolf can just snipe some mooks without getting hit, while Sothe only has 1 range.

That being said, I haven't played this game, so I don't have an opinion.

Am I the only one who likes Rolf? :huh: He always turns out great for me and ... yeah, he's great, I think.

My vote goes for Sothe. Well, I haven't actually used him but considering his Blossom skill, the fact that he can't promote, nor kill, nor steal (too slow) without bexp... As for the desert map, unless you're trying to beat the game with as few turns as possible, I think Volke is enoguh. After all, he always finds the treasures at once.

I also wish to add that I always believed Mist to be useless, but I'm using her in my current playthrough and she really is great!! :D

The worst character for fighting would be Sothe, I guess. He's not useless, he can open... ...uh, chests, but he can't bloody damage anything and dies, like, instantly if you don't watch him for a second. Also, Blossom just makes everything worse, and without Blossom, not even his growths are good.

Rolf, on the other hand, may be very bad actually, but I still find him to be usable if you give him some BEXP in the beginning. At least, Rolf's utility always was much higher for me than Sothe's, despite Sothe's thievery.

Am I the only one who likes Rolf? :huh: He always turns out great for me and ... yeah, he's great, I think.

My vote goes for Sothe. Well, I haven't actually used him but considering his Blossom skill, the fact that he can't promote, nor kill, nor steal (too slow) without bexp... As for the desert map, unless you're trying to beat the game with as few turns as possible, I think Volke is enoguh. After all, he always finds the treasures at once.

I also wish to add that I always believed Mist to be useless, but I'm using her in my current playthrough and she really is great!! :D

I actually trained him on my last playthrough, and he turned just fine for me to. Also, how many of you have trained him to a high level sniper???? I don' think that any of you did. :angry:

I have definitely trained him to a high level sniper. Twice actually. "Turning out fine" isn't necessarily the issue with Rolf, it's his rocky start that drags him down among other things.

Edited by Charlie

Rolf is part of the experience for me. raise him on chip damage -> watch a paladin *clink* him -> giggle at concept

Ilyana

Edited by Rehab

To be fair, Rolf can just snipe some mooks without getting hit, while Sothe only has 1 range.

That being said, I haven't played this game, so I don't have an opinion.

True, Rofl is marginally better at combat than Sothe. However, Sothe doesn't have to fight to be useful. He opens chests and steals shit. Rofl has to be an effective combat unit if he wants to contribute to the team, and there's no way he's going to be a good fighter without insane babying.

I actually trained him on my last playthrough, and he turned just fine for me to. Also, how many of you have trained him to a high level sniper???? I don' think that any of you did.

I did. Yeah, he turned out fine. I even liked using him; he provided another level of challenge. Do you want to know why he provided said challenge? He sucks. Seriously, he joins in chapter 8. He is level 1. His bases are as follows:

HP: 18

STR: 5

MAG: lol

SKL: 8

SPD: 6

DEF: 6

RES: 2

LCK: 4

That's absolutely horrid. At least Mist has healing, so she can get away with coming in during that chapter with bad bases. Rofl is an archer. He is stuck with 2 range, can't survive shit, gets doubled all over the place, and barely qualifies for chip damage. He is literally a detriment to your team.

Rolf is part of the experience for me. raise him on chip damage -> watch a paladin *clink* him -> giggle at concept

Ilyana

Illyana comes a chapter earlier, and beats Rofl in HP, ATK, SPD, SKL, RES, and LCK. Also, she has Shade, which helps her durability. She has 1-2 range, and attacks RES. She has amazing support options with high tier characters. There is absolutely no way Rofl beats her.