worst character

Oujay

Brom's the speediest general in the game, and can actually double decently with some heavy KW usage. He's obviously very durable and also gives out sexy water bonuses. How can he even be close to worst unit in the game? Bastian loses to him in every imaginable parameter once they share common availability.

I think they're interpreting it as "least favorite", not necessarily worst. Because honestly, it's pretty much impossible to objectively declare Brom the worst.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl.

[/thread]

Earlygame nobody comes close to her except Titania and Mordecai.

The latter of which she's actually superier to earlygame for ORKO'ing some enemies Mordy doesn't.

Edited by kirsche

Well, what you say is true, but honestly, who wants Rolf? Neither of the girls he supports want him, that's for sure. Especially Mist. There's Rhys, but the support gives crappy bonuses.

Crappy bonuses? Nay, if anything, Rhys definitely appreciates supporting Rolf, and vice versa. Rolf's main problem early on is his low offense, so a support with Rhys helps give that. Rhys's biggest problem is a lack of evade/defense bonuses, and of course, Rolf helps provide that.

Marcia is also a tad short on supports, so fielding Rolf helps her too. Kieran may or may not get an A with her depending on if he supports Rhys. Tanith joins a bit on the late side. So Rolf can easily fill in empty space that is likely to be there.

Even if all this turns out to not happen, Tauroneo is a good unit who will gladly support Rolf since he's short on supports.

Rolf if used can be helpful in eliminating enemy fliers where they are present, like on the boat chapter where the safest way to take out those Ravens is walling them from the boat and sniping them with ranged weapons.

Basically it comes down to Bastian and Lucia. Bastian has better supports...Lucia has a better class and enough spd to double stuff. Both are too terrible to stand out in any real way.

Edited by A2ZOMG

Crappy bonuses? Nay, if anything, Rhys definitely appreciates supporting Rolf, and vice versa. Rolf's main problem early on is his low offense, so a support with Rhys helps give that. Rhys's biggest problem is a lack of evade/defense bonuses, and of course, Rolf helps provide that.

2.5 avo counts as a nonnegligible defensive bonus?

B support gives 5 avo, which is pretty significant. 5 avo can make almost a 10% real difference depending on the displayed hit.

Marcia is also a tad short on supports, so fielding Rolf helps her too. Kieran may or may not get an A with her depending on if he supports Rhys. Tanith joins a bit on the late side. So Rolf can easily fill in empty space that is likely to be there.

Bolded: Why would Kieran want to support Rhys? There's a 3 move gap between the two of them.

Bolded: Why would Kieran want to support Rhys? There's a 3 move gap between the two of them.

Indeed. I'm not sure why Kieran would want anythign besides Oscar A/Marcia B. Same goes for Marcia, who almost always wants Tanith A/ Kieran B.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Sothe gets outclassed by volke in every possible way + after raising rolf enough he is usefulon every chapter unlike sothe who can only be used for chests although volkeis less likely to die

I say sothe

+ you can support rofl with loliver for massive damage

I find Sothe more useful than Volke. Getting better dodge allowing him to steal even in the most dangerous situations when putting him out in the open to especially trying to steal distence attacking tomes.

-----

I would say Rhys. Other than healing he cannot be used in any combat purposes whatsoever without getting doubled attacked.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Lucia and Bastian.I never could use them,they are really anoying.They both are so bad that i can figure out who is the worst.But I think it's Bastian

Bastian have serious competitor for Wind Magic:Soren,who is the best mage of the game,is doing 100 times better.And Bastian is stuck with knife,which is very stupid for a Sage

Lucia have one of the most useless skill of the game:Parity.In RD,it can be useful,since you can use it or just forget it and give it to someone else.But in POR,she always use it,and that's very anoying,since she lose some bonus(support,Terrain Effect)that could really help her.

Bastian by miles. What I don't understand is why did they not give him staffs? Just seems rediculous.

It's like they were trying to make him suck, then joke about it. I mean come on, Corrosion? You couldn't even bother giving him a good skill? You had to have a skill take up space for lolz?

Bastian I guess as well. At least Rolf can kick some serious ass eventually and Sothe can be used to get chests

Rolf. Stuck to bows, hard to raise, doesn't even turn out good, blah blah blah.

Rolf requires a lot of BEXP or babying just to become a subpar character,being locked to bows is terrible, he has pretty bad supports and unspectacular growths and bases. Really no one else even comes close, even Bastian is pretty clearly better than Rolf.

I detest copypasta, but I'll make this an exception.

Another one for Rolf please.

Do I sense an overabundance of quote-posts?

Anyway...My vote also goes to Rolf too. :3

Im going with Sothe. He's bloody useless. He cant even fucking promote! People breathe on him and he dies. Even Rolf can do better.

Sothe has thief utility, while Rolf is an archer. Rolf has just as many durability issues as Sothe, yet his job requires he actually fight. All Sothe does is open chests and occasionally steal. As such, durability is a bit less of a factor.

Rolf. He has no use. He's an archer, which is auto-suck, his bases are horrendous, and his growths are pretty average. Nothing spectacular, despite all the trouble you have to go through to raise him.

You guys all suck

Lucia.

How many people would piss on me if I said Reyson?

The whole world is Reyson's bitch. Lower folk like you don't understand that.

Anyhow, my vote goes to Bastian!

You can't say Rolf sucks THAT much because at least he can turn out better than Shinon. << Albeit he does remind me a lot of Nino.

How many people would piss on me if I said Reyson?

The whole world is Reyson's bitch. Lower folk like you don't understand that.

Anyhow, my vote goes to Bastian!

You can't say Rolf sucks THAT much because at least he can turn out better than Shinon. << Albeit he does remind me a lot of Nino.

Rolf has much more availability than Nino, however.

Two easy ways to get Astrid:

1) Kill and wall off with cavalry/fliers. Jill and Marcia were enough for me. If you didn't use them, Oliver and Titania will have similar results.

2) Shove Ike.

Astrid is a very low level unit but with Paragon, you'll find she a great bow wielder that's much easier to level than Rolf. With Canto and high speed, she'll hardly get touched. What's more is she has the option to use axes at promotion! <3

Yes. I tried an alternate plan and this happened. That's why I use a more offensive approach with units that have canto. Never have any problems anymore.

Edited by Rhelm

I'll give this to Bastian... If he could use staffs he'd be just fine but he has knifes so yeah...

Rolf and Astrid turn out great if you decide to use them but I don't see why people always complain about putting a little extra effort into raising characters when we all give special attention to whoever we use even if they require less of the attention others would need.

I have to vote for Bastian, he is not good. He can't even heal. Despite having 12 strength, I doubt it would be of much use.

Off topic: It's funny how many people despise Rolf lol. :lol:

Edited by Wolf