Homosexuality

Crystal Shards

I feel like I should voice my opinion ^_^ the U.S country is supposibly a free country, it would be really cynical to not let others do something they can do simply because another certain group of people can't stand the thought of it.

I really don't care for homosexuals, heterosexuals, bisexuals, asexuals, and whatever else sexual there is (except people that are into animals yuck) if I have a friend or a relative that I enjoy talking to and hanging out with the last thing their matters to me is their sexual preference a person is a person period. ^_^

^unless its a boy I have a crush on I have to make sure he's not gay ^_^ because if he is I'm just giving myself false illusions :sob:

Edited by Queen_Elincia

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support homosexuality in all forms. In fact, I think it's time we all take a step back and take a look at heterosexuals with their disgusting tendencies. This planet can't support the human race forever and adding kids you can't even support is just selfish! All I ever hear about is "sex is when a man and a woman love one another very much" and "you should find a nice girl to settle down with" and it's all quite offensive to me, trying to force that lifestyle choice on people. This is part of the reason why when I adopt a child they will be educated at home, the other reasons being the myriad of cases in which heterosexual teachers molest students, and heterosexual teenagers rape their peers.

If you want to put your vagina on a penis, or your penis on a vagina, at least do it in the privacy of your own home and stop putting it all over TV trying to brainwash everyone and stop talking about it in public where I have to hear about it all of the time, it's highly offensive to me and billions of others around the planet. Animals have been observed in countless cases engaging in homosexual behavior, it's the natural way.

I was bi-curious as a teen. I liked girls, but at the same time me and my best mate would try shit just because we could. I decided I really preferred girls when I was about 14ish, had alot of crushes on different girls etc. and finally got with my first real relationship with a girl when I was 17, and he's in a relationship with a girl now too, last I heard from him. We're still friends but he left school at 16 and got a job, i carried on education, so it's natually not easy to keep a close friendship under those conditions. I went though that bi-curious phase and came out of it sure that I am not attracted to men, but to women. If men go through that phase and come out preferring other men, then whatever. There's enough people having kids in the world anyway. Love's love.

And, as far as this thread goes, it can carry on for as long as the FE4 thread is and beyond, everyone can say what they think as much as they want, but other people's opinions and thoughts will not be changed. Despite this, it wlil probably go on for much longer than many other threads. Mainly, or just, because there are people who just can't accept the way of the gay.

My stance: I don't agree with homosexuality per se, I instinctively feel that it's the wrong way to go, don't really understand homosexual preferences and can't really see the upsides to gay marriage but equally I try and give anyone I meet a chance to show me who they really are regardless of any labels they wear and I think it's particularly unfair to discriminate against someone for something they can't change, which you can't really do with sexual preference. Even so, at the end of the day it's their prerogative and I know we need to learn to deal with this maturely so we ultimately need to learn to live and let live.

Bottom line: I may not agree with homosexuality but I'm sure as hell not going to discriminate against them or anything like that.

^Being gay hurts no one except the gays themselves, and thats because ignorant people cant accept it. In straight, and one of my best friends is bi. He hates how gay is used as a substitute for swear words. He has been bullied, but remains happy about life. Even I, a straight person can respect him for that. He stays proud and its actually an amazing thing.

I fail to see the point behind being proud of being gay, it's not like they had a choice in the matter.

Well I asked him about it, and he said its like being pushed down so much means you have to find something about yourself you can actually stand. But your point makes sense. And its not so much pride as it is making others aware. Pride is kind of like a misnomer in that case.

I fail to see the point behind being proud of being gay, it's not like they had a choice in the matter.

Well, the idea is like Black Pride. It's about trying to counter the shame that many gay people are taught to have about who they are. It's about teaching them that it's okay, and even desirable, to be open and honest about your sexuality.

What's wrong with just teaching them that it's normal and trying to bring about some form of acceptance, instead of trying to put some positive spin on it? It's just who you fuck, it's not like it's who you are.

It'd be nice if everyone could look at it so objectively.

I agree with your whole "why does it have to negative or positive."

Just let things be the way they are in some cases. Meaning assigning values to everything and naming things as good or bad that really don't matter.

Edited by Strawman the SawmanShaman

Nyeh, I agree with Death, Putting a positive spin on it doesn't really help. It's not something to be proud of, and shouldn't be elevated at such. (It's also not something to feel bad about).

Personally, I don't mind homosexuals when it's a trait someone has. If my best friend told me she was homosexual, I might make a few snarky comments now and then, but nothing our friendship would be weakened by. However I don't like it when they're in your faces constantly reminding you that they're gay. Gay parades in particular are annoying, pointless displays from a group that want the world to know that the fuck the same gender. I'm sure there are more worthy causes to parade and raise funds for.

Why do we need a thread in sirius discussion about this? Is it really that hard to leave homosexuals alone?

Why should they be left alone? I thought we got over the "If we don't acknowledge they exist, they can't exist" era? Or are you one of those homosexuals that are ashamed of your sexuality? :/

Also lol'ed at "Sirius" discussion XD

I think Spoon means he doesn't really see any reason for there to be a topic about it in the debate board thing, because it's not a big deal, I think. He has a point, but there's always the hope that some of the members here who are against homosexuality will man the fuck up, grow a pair, and post their shitty arguments in here so that everyone can laugh at them and make this a beneficial topic.

I fail to see the point behind being proud of being anything, it's not like anyone has a choice in the matter.

OH SNAP DETERMINISM HAS BEEN INVOKED!

I don't know, if I WAS gay I would certainly be proud of not being a breeder.

Personally, I don't mind homosexuals when it's a trait someone has. If my best friend told me she was homosexual, I might make a few snarky comments now and then, but nothing our friendship would be weakened by. However I don't like it when they're in your faces constantly reminding you that they're gay. Gay parades in particular are annoying, pointless displays from a group that want the world to know that the fuck the same gender. I'm sure there are more worthy causes to parade and raise funds for.

Considering violence and discrimination against gays, I think there's a certain point to showing solidarity and strength in the face of it.

As for "more worthy causes," I'm sure most people take actions from time to time which are not the "most worthy causes" without being called annoying and pointless, including you yourself. I also suspect that Gay Pride parades have a bit more of a point to them than Thanksgiving or Valentine's day parades.

(grammar question: should thanksgiving have 's at the end of it in the above sentence? I...think not...)

I do agree that certain gender identity and sexual identity based groups do unduly prioritize gender as an issue that's important about another person's identity, but I don't think that's all there is to said groups.

Don't really care about homosexuals. Or bisexuals. Or heterosexuals for that matter.

To be honest, gay people can do whatever they want. As a heterosexual, I might be a little uncomfortable with the idea, but it really means nothing. I think discrimination and mistreatment of homosexuals is as wrong as mistreating anyone. I mean, they're just people for christ's sake.

I fail to see the point behind being proud of being anything, it's not like anyone has a choice in the matter.

OH SNAP DETERMINISM HAS BEEN INVOKED!

Motherfucker my brain runs on Quantam!

PS. They made me do it.

I think all people should have the same rights. In this case the right for people to marry whoever they want, independent of sex. At the same time, I think instances like churches should be able to deny people the possibility of marrying in one. With all I've read about this topic, I come to one important conclusion, those who are against gay marriage are usually against it because they view "marriage", or the act of getting married in a church, is a holy thing. A holy bond. While at the same time, for whatever reason, they believe being gay is not good, or against God's teachings. And that collides with the holiness associated with happiness. As far as I know, most of these people have no issue with same sex couples getting all the tax benefits and whatnots from being married as recognized by the state, as long as it doesn't have to be recognized by the church.

I think all people should have the same rights. In this case the right for people to marry whoever they want, independent of sex. At the same time, I think instances like churches should be able to deny people the possibility of marrying in one. With all I've read about this topic, I come to one important conclusion, those who are against gay marriage are usually against it because they view "marriage", or the act of getting married in a church, is a holy thing. A holy bond. While at the same time, for whatever reason, they believe being gay is not good, or against God's teachings. And that collides with the holiness associated with happiness. As far as I know, most of these people have no issue with same sex couples getting all the tax benefits and whatnots from being married as recognized by the state, as long as it doesn't have to be recognized by the church.

Marriages and weddings are two separate issues.