Guitar Hero/Rockband

Jyosua

I'm surprised I didn't see an active topic about this already. I didn't own these games until recently, so I'm just beginning to enjoy them. That said, after 4+ straight hours of playing the guitar on guitar hero, my hand hurts like you wouldn't believe. I'm finding it hard to type.

I could never stand these games.

Anyway, how's the song list?

The default song list in World Tour isn't bad, I rather enjoy the diversity, but I'm not a big fan of GH5's song list. Even the downloadable ones aren't all that great. However, Rockband 2 has a pretty good list, especially the downloadable content.

Why is it harder to play the songs on the Guitar Hero games than it is to actually play them on the guitar? Thats what i dont get.

Those games are a real hoot when played at parties and drunken fun. Alone? I doubt thats very fun.

Lol, I love GH and RB.

I play on Expert on Geetar Heroz and I have to play on HyperSpeed on GH2 and sometimes 3 because it's too slow for me .____.

I've played all of them except 5, Smash Hits, and Metallica. I want to play 5 because I heard they improved the vocals from World Tour, which should be good. Smash Hits will be awesome because then I get to drum some GH2 songs that I absolutely love the drumming for. Favorite GH of all-time has to be the second one, though. Unfortunately, the quality and interest of GH, for me, exponentially sunk the more they made games for it. Which is sad.

As for Rock Band, I looooveeee it to death. Lol, I've spent over four hours on RB1 alone switching from instrument to instrument. Because I can play all of them, hooray. I play on Expert on the geetarz and drums and I can sing certain songs on Hard/Expert. But when it's a song I'm just learning, I have to sing on Medium because I fail, lol. But I prefer the first one to the second, but that's because I could not care less for most of the songs on RB2 :/

I also really want to try out Beatles: Rock Band, hurrrr.

I have (not own though XD) GH II on PS2 and GHIII on PS3, but my ps2 brokeded DDDD=

I looooooove playing guitar hero!!! =D I played Rock Band before but don't own any of them =( Rock Band's coolio too.

I want GHWT real bad.

I also want RB Beatles real bad.

As for when I play on guitar hero, I play on expert. I've become so used to playing on expert that hard is actually quite hard. Medium and easy are too easy to be hard.... Well expert can be hard on real hard songs too. It took forever to beat GH3 on expert.

As for songs being harder to play on GH and RB than on actual guitar, it seems to differ between pplz. I've heard someone say that if you're a good guitarist/drummer(and possibly /singer), then playing on GH and RB is real hard. But if you don't do any of those, then it's easier. But I can play guitar and play on GH and RB quite well. So, yeah, it differs.

I don't own any games with drumsets but I wanna become a drummer, so I wanted to play drums on the games. I played on a friend's drum thingy on RB before and could only play on medium XD Of course that's how I was as a beginner on guitar too so I'll just have to practice some distant time in my life.

As for songs being harder to play on GH and RB than on actual guitar, it seems to differ between pplz. I've heard someone say that if you're a good guitarist/drummer(and possibly /singer), then playing on GH and RB is real hard. But if you don't do any of those, then it's easier. But I can play guitar and play on GH and RB quite well. So, yeah, it differs.

Not necessarily true. I knew how to play drums irl before I played Drums on RB. And since I already knew how to play Drums irl, I started off playing Drums on RB on Hard. Hooray, skillz. As for playing guitar, I can do little tidbits of songs, but nothing too serious, and I play well on the guitar on GH and RB. So... It's all a matter of what you're used to, I guess. *shrug*

Like, what RB and GH does for instruments (except for the vocals), is to really simplify what it means to play an instrument. Which is why actual musicians hate the games because they make it look like what they do is easy, which it really isn't. But regardless of what actual musicians think, people love it and some are actually inspired to learn how to do the actual things after playing. One of my really good friends learned how to play guitar because she loved GH so much, lol.

I can't get any higher than 3 stars on hard because I have 4 fingers for fretting, and I can't switch them that quickly. I can get 6 stars on quite a few songs on medium, (Except 'Hot for Teacher' - FUCK YOU VAN HALEN), and I'm not sure how to get better on hard. Singing is easy though, I can do really well on expert.

I can't get any higher than 3 stars on hard because I have 4 fingers for fretting, and I can't switch them that quickly. I can get 6 stars on quite a few songs on medium, (Except 'Hot for Teacher' - FUCK YOU VAN HALEN), and I'm not sure how to get better on hard. Singing is easy though, I can do really well on expert.

I use three fingers for fretting! 8DDD

My friends think I'm weird because I don't use my pinky, lolz. I only ever use my pinky for when I practice the intro to Through the Fire and Flames on Expert, hurrrr. Unfortunately, the best I've done on that intro is only a 50-note note streak :/

Edited by irock708

They have a GH5? :blink:

Huh. I'm torn between the two. I used to be pretty good at GH3, like I could get 70% on Raining Blood and TTFAF on expert. But my GH skills gradually waned as soon as I started playing real guitar. :mellow:

I mean, I can FC Crazy Train pretty easily at my friend's house, but sometimes, I can't even manage a 95% on Knights of Cydonia. :/

I mostly play guitar, but I'm decent at bass too (except for Chop Suey. Fuck that bass line). My singing is average (i can pass medium, and some hard...but for only select songs)...

and then my drumming sucks more than Yuno. ;_;

Anyone got these on PS3? I've got GH3, GH:Metallica, GH:Smash Hits, RB2, and Beatles RB.

I actually just got them for PS3 (I traded in all the Wii versions and got the PS3 ones), so I haven't unlocked all the songs for RB2 yet. If anyone wants to play with me, my PSN is flyingace24.

As for my level, I'd say I'm pretty good, but not ridiculously good. I play sexpert guitar. There isn't a song I can't beat on guitar for any of the games. I've beaten TTFaF quite a few times (GH3 and GH:SH), and TDWDTG (The Devil Went Down to Georgia) once (that song is a beast) as well as all the Dragonforce DLC for GH3. I'm OK on drums. Usually hard and expert for the easier ones. Medium on vocals, unless I know the song, in which case I do sexpert.

While we're discussing it, I personally didn't bother getting GHWT again. Nor do I plan on getting GH5 or GH:Van Halen. There were only about 7 or 8 songs that I actually enjoyed in GHWT, and 8 songs is not worth an entire game. I tried GH5 at my cousin's house. I have to say, I am not impressed with the setlist. It's just my personal opinion though. The vocals are indeed better, and the feature where we can choose any instrument is nice. Now I don't have to argue with my brother on who plays guitar or bass. Now we can both just play guitar (and I can prove that I am better lol). As for GH:VH, I just don't like Van Halen.

Edited by flyingace24

I got GHWT+Guitar with my 360. It got boring pretty soon but I've been playing again with GH5 out. The songs load fast, like two second-fast, and it's got Sultans of Swing.

Looks like it supports WT DLC too. I've only got the free ones but I finally managed to 5* Electro Rock on Expert. Speaking of WT there's some half-finished import feature that gets you one third of WT songs for a price. I'm so lazy I would pay for not having to swap discs if it supported the songs I really liked to play from WT but it's missing too many..

Huh. I'm torn between the two. I used to be pretty good at GH3, like I could get 70% on Raining Blood and TTFAF on expert. But my GH skills gradually waned as soon as I started playing real guitar. :mellow:

I mean, I can FC Crazy Train pretty easily at my friend's house, but sometimes, I can't even manage a 95% on Knights of Cydonia. :/

I mostly play guitar, but I'm decent at bass too (except for Chop Suey. Fuck that bass line). My singing is average (i can pass medium, and some hard...but for only select songs)...

Wait, wait, wait, which game is Knights of Cydonia on?

Edit: HOLY SHIT! Guitar Hero 3 has 4 Muse songs!? FOUR!? *buys*

Wait, wait, wait, which game is Knights of Cydonia on?

Edit: HOLY SHIT! Guitar Hero 3 has 4 Muse songs!? FOUR!? *buys*

GH3.

I own Guitar Hero 3 and Rock Band 2 but my GH3 guitar broke. Haven't passed TTFAF as a result though I've 5-starred everything in the main setlist on expert except Before I Forget, Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, and One.

Rock Band 2 is pretty cool; I can pass everything on every instrument except Shackler's Revenge on vocals (what's with that intro?).

Haven't passed TTFAF as a result though I've 5-starred everything in the main setlist on expert except Before I Forget, Raining Blood, Number of the Beast, and One.

Before I Forget: Lemme guess why. Hand torture?

Raining Blood: Doesn't require explaining (First mosh is =(, ending is wtf )

Number of the Beast: That constant strumming pace with changing between chords...yeah.

One: FAST SOLO A? FFFFFFF-

Anyhow, on GH3, what WeaponsofMassConstruction said for songs I can do + 5 star The ones he couldn't + 5 star all bonus except Mauvais Garcon, Nothing for Me Here, and The Way It Ends. They have been 4 starred. TTFAF? Not passed yet.

As long as you don't suck on anything but the fast solo, One is pretty easily 5 starred. If you don't miss anything until the solo and after the solo it can be done.

And now that you mention it, I have a hard time beating Mauvais Garcon. Odd since I can consistently beat TTFaF. I just think it's the odd strumming that messes me up. I have to rely on star power to get me through it.

As long as you don't suck on anything but the fast solo, One is pretty easily 5 starred. If you don't miss anything until the solo and after the solo it can be done.

Ain't that the truth. And you could probably make a few errors either side of the solo, and still get 5 stars.

And now that you mention it, I have a hard time beating Mauvais Garcon. Odd since I can consistently beat TTFaF. I just think it's the odd strumming that messes me up. I have to rely on star power to get me through it.

Mauvais Garcon has probably the weirdest strumming pattern. Ergo, strange = hard, for whatever convoluted reason.

The Way It Ends has strumming hand torture. Anyone who can agree with that?

Edited by Mist