(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

Changed the 2-P penalty to 3 instead of 5.

I'm sure two dracos come at you in the first turn. So maybe one unit can handle them at least until the other go into a corner. Either way I disagree with penalties in this chapter at all, but it wouldn't be fair for those who picked these guys so they'll stand.

Edit: Remember Vykan used a turtle in a corner strategy for his speedrun so check out his video for movement of enemies etc.

Edit2: After the last pick is made no more rule changing/modifying at all.

Edited by oval

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure two dracos come at you in the first turn. So maybe one unit can handle them at least until the other go into a corner. Either way I disagree with penalties in this chapter at all, but it wouldn't be fair for those who picked these guys so they'll stand.

Edit: Remember Vykan used a turtle in a corner strategy for his speedrun so check out his video for movement of enemies etc.

Everything seems to move. I'm not sure if it is possible with just Marcia and Nealuchi. They'd have to stay a bit away from the others, but it might work. Neal + Haar is probably the way to go for everybody without Marcia. Maybe Marcia + Haar, but Marcia needs to recruit Haar and that's probably where Elincia and Leanne will be hiding (thus drawing enemies).

It will be a pain. Still, there needs to be a penalty (and I still think BK should carry one in 1-9 and 3-6, probably 2 or 3 in 1-9 and 4 or 5 in 3-6. Then again, people are probably going to need him, and like you said a few posts ago, the BK may have gone earlier in the draft if a penalty had been up from the beginning). kirsche undoubtedly chose Marcia and Nealuchi in part because of 2-P and 2-E. 2-3 and 3-9 as well, probably in Marcia's case.

It's funny, he may actually have enough bexp come part 4 (despite Rendulf and Nephinel) to make Nealuchi good in part 4. Especially if there was enough fighting to get him close to S strike from part 2.

Nealuchi's growths:

80% lck, 55% hp, 40% skl/spd/def, 35% str, 25% res, 10% mag.

Bases:

level 22:

53/60 hp, 10/16 str, 4/10 str, 9/19 skl, 18/23spd, 24/35 lck, 10/13 def, 10/17 res.

The thing is, bexp might not be so bad for him. It should split pretty evenly between skl/spd/def/str. It may even pull some from hp. So maybe 2 out of 4 sometimes instead of 1 out of 4. Obviously, this results in a few stats being quite under average. However, def will have almost capped, lck won't be far off. Continuing bexp (it is NM, after all) later on in part 4 should cause lck to cap and then it is str + skl + spd until spd caps and then res.

Unfortunately, spd is 5 away, def is 3 away, skill ain't happening soon, lck is 11 away, hp is 7 away. 11 levels costs much bexp.

22 to 30, on the other hand:

(1150 + ... + 1500) x 1.5 = 1325 x 12 = 15900 bexp.

3-E happens to give 15000.

Probably 7 points go to hp, 8 to lck, and 9 points split between str/skl/spd/def.

Probably 2 each and 1 extra to one of them.

Sadly, that's still only 24 str in a best case scenario. Well, not best, but best that can be expected. Spd is far from capping, but 40 spd for tear is still impressive given it will OHKO all but Generals on cover and Dragons assuming just 11x2 str and A strike. 73mt with tear and thus OHKO on 52hp/31def generals. Okay, some live. But this is NM, not HM, so maybe none live through it. Given NM and near Jill-solo in part 3, she probably won't need bexp then. However, Laura and Meg probably will. Of course, Meg's growths and caps were not built for bexp usage. She'll have hp/skl/res as her highest growths even after spd/lck cap. It might work out eventually, though.

The bexp he can apply to Nealuchi is probably dependent on the bexp he gives Meg. Level 30 in 4-P/1/2 should be simple enough for Neal without hurting everyone else, however the question is how much beyond level 30 is desired. With hp capped, it means 2 points are split among str/skl/spd/def each level rather than 1, unless of course res grabs one occasionally. Luck caps soon after, then def. Possibly def before lck. 127 avo with capped spd and lck. Possible Marcia support, though fire x 2 isn't so fun. My wonder is what to do with the wishblade, though: Marcia has flight, but Marcia can also have wyrmslayers.

Question:

For someone who picked one of the dragons or BK or might pick Lehran, can you bring an extra unit to 4-E but not deploy it? Basically, this allows for an extra blessing.

Everything seems to move. I'm not sure if it is possible with just Marcia and Nealuchi. They'd have to stay a bit away from the others, but it might work. Neal + Haar is probably the way to go for everybody without Marcia. Maybe Marcia + Haar, but Marcia needs to recruit Haar and that's probably where Elincia and Leanne will be hiding (thus drawing enemies).

It is possible to do this with two penalties. I just did it, but it took some thinking to make sure only the two I chose were the ones that got attacked. Now if 2-3 would just cooperate, and the boss and his cronies would start missing Geof for once I could move on to the fun times in part 3. Although I am having a bit of trouble getting the Speedwing, but I won't mind delaying a turn for it cause Titania rapes so much with it.

Question:

For someone who picked one of the dragons or BK or might pick Lehran, can you bring an extra unit to 4-E but not deploy it? Basically, this allows for an extra blessing.

This came up a while ago and I think we agreed that it was okay so you can bring an extra blesser.

It is possible to do this with two penalties. I just did it, but it took some thinking to make sure only the two I chose were the ones that got attacked. Now if 2-3 would just cooperate, and the boss and his cronies would start missing Geof for once I could move on to the fun times in part 3. Although I am having a bit of trouble getting the Speedwing, but I won't mind delaying a turn for it cause Titania rapes so much with it.

I'm guessing that you are trying to not take a penalty with Kieran, as well.

Question:

This came up a while ago and I think we agreed that it was okay so you can bring an extra blesser.

(sword user. hurray for blessed wyrmslayer to use on deg. Bring Mia or Zihark. Wyrmslayer is B and they start with A. I'm actually not certain that it is the best choice for an extra blessed weapon, but it's definitely up there. Also, for those with a sword user that will have 34 AS at that time, like Marcia/Elincia or Mia/Zihark, attack with wyrmslayer, canto 1 space away, Ike picks up wyrmslayer and attacks. Also some teams could have three or four units pass around the wyrmslayer. Still, it's just one enemy.)

Yeah I'm trying to avoid taking any more penalties. I'm up to +31 if all goes as planned for part 2. I'll be taking another +3 in 3-9 bringing it up to +34, so any more and I'll be dead last for sure. Oh that's if I don't take any in 3-1, but that shouldn't be too bad with Ike, Soren and Titania. I'll post turn counts and comments after I finish part 2.

(sword user. hurray for blessed wyrmslayer to use on deg. Bring Mia or Zihark. Wyrmslayer is B and they start with A. I'm actually not certain that it is the best choice for an extra blessed weapon, but it's definitely up there. Also, for those with a sword user that will have 34 AS at that time, like Marcia/Elincia or Mia/Zihark, attack with wyrmslayer, canto 1 space away, Ike picks up wyrmslayer and attacks. Also some teams could have three or four units pass around the wyrmslayer. Still, it's just one enemy.)

I'm thinking either a wyrmslayer or braves are the best extra blessing. Maybe another siege tome, but Sanaki already has that covered unless you want even more.

Yeah I'm trying to avoid taking any more penalties. I'm up to +31 if all goes as planned for part 2. I'll be taking another +3 in 3-9 bringing it up to +34, so any more and I'll be dead last for sure. Oh that's if I don't take any in 3-1, but that shouldn't be too bad with Ike, Soren and Titania. I'll post turn counts and comments after I finish part 2.

I'm thinking either a wyrmslayer or braves are the best extra blessing. Maybe another siege tome, but Sanaki already has that covered unless you want even more.

It's likely between Braves and Wyrmslayer, though it is possible that some of the units will be blessing braves on their own. The SS weapons are not automatically better, especially for the teams without Nasir.

Oliver

For 2-P do you guys think it would be fairer if we only took a penalty if someone counters a hit? Because for those of us that didn't take anyone it would be ridiculous if we get a +20 because everyone got attacked, but they didn't help complete the chapter at all.

The only reason I chose Nealuchi was because of the 2-P penalty, though. It's not like people had plenty of opportunities to get Nealuchi especially. But Marcia could've been taken beforehand as well. You'll be rewarding someone for ignoring a chapter. You are rewarding people for ignoring a chapter.

Edited by kirsche

Which means King_Soren has Lehran and Pelleas.

Haar has 32 mt with a Hand Axe and 4HKOs. So Haar does actually pull off a 1 turn KO thanks to Player Phase + Enemy Phase. So technically Haar's team beats yours.

It would if Haar got a hand axe. Poor guy's stuck with a javelin. Though, I suppose it does best me in any case. And now that there's more incentive to use Leanne.

However, Laura and Meg probably will.

Only Meg, Laura's for healing purposes only.

I'm not sure if it is possible with just Marcia and Nealuchi.

If I have Elincia rescue Leanne, I can target Hand Axers on the player phase and have Neal and Marcia sit next to Elincia in the top-left hand corner until teh aggressive ones are all dead. Then I'd go on the offensive.

I assume recruiting Haar is acceptable solely for cancel, right?

Edited by kirsche

Oliver

For 2-P do you guys think it would be fairer if we only took a penalty if someone counters a hit? Because for those of us that didn't take anyone it would be ridiculous if we get a +20 because everyone got attacked, but they didn't help complete the chapter at all.

The only reason I chose Nealuchi was because of the 2-P penalty, though. It's not like people had plenty of opportunities to get Nealuchi especially. But Marcia could've been taken beforehand as well. You'll be rewarding someone for ignoring a chapter. You are rewarding people for ignoring a chapter.

That's fine. We already got this resolved, and kept the penalty but reduced to 3 because 5 was a little high.

Recruiting is fine as long as the recruiter(if you didn't pick them) is not attacked. If they are then they get a +4 penalty no matter what.

Its cool. We all might as well start playing now since the last picks are just picks for Part 4. I've personally started as you all know but theres no point waiting any longer for everyone else.

Already on part 3

Pelleas, though I'm not doing another run through just for him. Unless you can create a second playthrough from an epilogue save

Progress so far:

1-P: 6 turns (+3 for Eddie) Eddie didn't crit the boss =(

I managed to get Eddie into range of the boss by turn 4. The strategy involves Eddie not getting surrounded by help from Miccy and not using all his move on turn 2.

1-1: 6 turns (+3 for Nolan)

I forget what exactly I did, but the key was keeping Miccy from getting attacked. I know I didn't kill the javelin soldier and was able to get Miccy to advance since the AI used the archer to attack Nolan before attacking Miccy with the javelin guy first.

1-2: 7 turns

Miccy blockaded the gap to the right until Sothe showed up and cleared a path for Laura to take the upper road. Got the energy drop but missed Thani.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

Haar has 32 mt with a Hand Axe and 4HKOs. So Haar does actually pull off a 1 turn KO thanks to Player Phase + Enemy Phase. So technically Haar's team beats yours.

It would if Haar got a hand axe. Poor guy's stuck with a javelin. Though, I suppose it does best me in any case. And now that there's more incentive to use Leanne.

And that's what I get for not looking first. I just assumed that since they majored in axes he'd get a hand axe.

30 mt, but it is normal mode and the boss' axe > lance.

29 mt.

8 damage. 6 hits to KO the boss. Also, maybe hit rate will have an effect.

24x2 + 13 + 15 + 65 - 10 = 131

Boss has 16 x 2 + 12 = 44 avo.

It's not much of a miss chance, of course, considering 87 listed is 96.75% and even 6 hits later that is ~82% of hitting all 6, but it is still more of a miss chance than Nealuchi has. Of course, Marcia has an 80 hit weapon but also 7 less skl and 1 less lck, so she has exactly the same hit as Haar and if you choose her to KO the boss she swings 6 times as well, and Neal bites 4 times.

Anyway, he now 3RKOs, though because of enemy phase he can do it in 2 rounds instead of 3, so it is marginally better.

However, Laura and Meg probably will.

Only Meg, Laura's for healing purposes only.

Laura > Meg at fighting. Eventually, anyway. And only offensively. She can still do some stuff better than Meg, though the bexp it takes to achieve that might be better spent on Meg and Micaiah. Jill gets first dibs, probably, but getting her enough shouldn't actually prevent the rest from getting a lot.

Forged light has 8 mt.

Forged steel sword has 14 mt.

Well, you can get Meg a silver blade for 3-12 and 3-13 I suppose, and that is 16 mt.

Storm sword is 12 mt, or Tempest in 3-13 (Ike has Ragnell, so you don't have any other users of Tempest until Marcia promotes and hits S swords and she starts with C) is 18 mt.

Still, by 3-12 or 3-13 Laura should have the same speed as Meg, or 1 higher. When she caps mag she has 33 mt with magic. That's only 20/7. Meg's str cap is 27, sure, and she'd hit 45 mt with tempest, but she's not reaching her cap so easily. Then in tier 3 Laura starts with 25 spd with a 70% growth. Meg has 24 spd and a 65% growth. Forged light has more uses than Tempest, and she'll double stuff with Purge, unlike Micaiah. Purge is easy to pick up another in 4-P, though I'm not sure whether or not it slows you down to try. It takes 4 units (surrounding a Purge bishop) that you must move into place immediately after the bishop appears. Well, I've never tried with less than 4, but since those guys can move he might just step out and attack Sothe with purge rather than stay put and attack with Shine, if Sothe is the only unit in his Purge range (even after moving). Also, taking Purge won't happen until turn 9, since they show up on turn 7 and won't equip Shine until turn 8 enemy phase. If you can Rout before turn 9, it is impossible to get Purge and pull off the lowest count.

But I suppose Meg can have hammers (and won't miss with them, like, ever, if she has a support), and aside from Ike you only have 2 axe users anyway, and Ike has Ragnell. So that plus her durability means she may be the best use of the bexp.

Also, she gets both Alondite and Vague Katti, since nobody else can use those. Well, Ike again, but Ragnell.

I'm not sure if it is possible with just Marcia and Nealuchi.

If I have Elincia rescue Leanne, I can target Hand Axers on the player phase and have Neal and Marcia sit next to Elincia in the top-left hand corner until teh aggressive ones are all dead. Then I'd go on the offensive.

It should be easy enough to KO most or all of the enemy. Thanks to Elincia and Leanne I can usually allow Neal to untransform on turn 2 and then re-transform on turn 3 and he doesn't run out of gauge later, but without those two I assume Neal will need to burn another use of his stone later in the map. The trouble comes from the boss, and only from the boss. Vykan's video seems to show that he'll move first (each phase, but only on turns in which he moves at all), so I'm not sure whether that is good or bad.

All units should be permitted to be recruited, aside from Lehran, anyway, since only two players are permitted to field BK in 1-E.

I suppose Neph could take Vantage + Cancel + her free wrath, but that's really all I can think of doing with it. Well, Ranulf is another option. He can have Vantage + Cancel + some other 10 cap skill. Maybe provoke or something. But with Neph having Ike and Ranulf being Ranulf, I'm not sure how much it helps. Well, you (and everyone not Fia) do lack part 3 GM healers, at least until people can get their Soren and Ilyana promoted. That's 3 players with healers in part 3. So I guess anything that prevents an extra hit is a really good thing, considering even units that don't need healing for 4 turns would much rather not get hit at all now.

I think Ranulf may be best for it, considering self healing prevents self grassing.

Pelleas, though I'm not doing another run through just for him. Unless you can create a second playthrough from an epilogue save

Isn't that how you make a second playthrough? Load the save? Hit restart chapter and choose it and you should get a new game. Well, if you saved before the credits and scenes, then you would need to run through all of that and then make another save, then load that new save.

But yeah, that's how you make a second playthrough, so what's the problem?

Jesus fucking Christ. I keep failing 1-3 with Paperblade's team. Aran missed three consecutive 83 listed HIT attacks, took a counter, and died on EP. I think this must be karma.

Definitely karma. Aran hates you as much as (smash thinks) you hate Aran. I guess Aran wanted the hype to boost others' opinion of him and he's mad at you for preventing that.

Definitely karma. Aran hates you as much as (smash thinks) you hate Aran. I guess Aran wanted the hype to boost others' opinion of him and he's mad at you for preventing that.

If he gets crit-killed in 1-4, I'm going to throw my Wavebird through the wall.

If he gets crit-killed in 1-4, I'm going to throw my Wavebird through the wall.

It's NM. Only cats can crit his base luck here. And they can't 4HKO him, either. If he hates you enough, though, you might get double critted. 16 mt (I think) against his bases of 24hp/11def means he is 5HKOd. One point of hp and one point of def if you can get it for him (hp is hard cause bexp won't give it often) and he'll be 7HKOd and immune to the double crit. Just don't let him attack cats while injured, I guess, and he shouldn't be 4HKOable.

Jesus fucking Christ. I keep failing 1-3 with Paperblade's team. Aran missed three consecutive 83 listed HIT attacks, took a counter, and died on EP. I think this must be karma.

Oh, so you've inherited my luck as well.

Here's my part 1. I'm up till 3-1 which is proving to be quite a pain in the ass to beat with only two real fighters.

Turns: 7+3

Penalty: Edward

Notes: You know the drill. Could've finished on EP of turn 6, but Edward refused to Wrath crit the boss. He still got the kill because I wasn't gonna risk him not critting again and then dying with an axe to the face, so Micaiah weakened him first.

Chapter:1-1

Turns: 7+3

Penalty: Nolan

Notes: Nolan did his thing while Micaiah helped by not getting in the way. Didn't have anyone besides Micaiah escape so I lost like 5 BEXP. Oh well.

Chapter: 1-2

Turns: 9+3

Penalty: Nolan

Notes: Nolan and Micaiah combined to 2RKO just about everything at the bottom of the map. Sothe arrived and cleared the way for Laura. I stalled for a turn for Thani and an energy drop+boss kill. Sothe got defense speed strength and luck so it was well worth the extra turn. Maybe.

Chapter: 1-3

Turns: 7

Penalty: None

Notes: Tried doing this by going through the west side, but it ended up being nealry impossible to keep everyone but Sothe from getting hit. I decided to try my luck going east. It worked. Good thing IS decided not to give Aran any skills or I might have rethought my decision.

Chapter: 1-4

Turns: 8/9 unsure

Notes: Sothe with the Beastkiller killed everything while Micaiah healed Sothe and made some potshots that brought dudes into 0HKO range for Sothe to save Beastkiller uses. Skipped on beastfoe because I don't see it help much besides getting whoever has it killed in 3-6., but I still got the robe so all was not lost. I hope

Chapter: 1-5

Turns: 6

Penalty: none

Notes: Had Sothe lure in the group of enemies just north of you. Then he went west with his new shiny forged knives (+5 might and some had+10 accuracy). Got the boss kill and a decent level up again.

Chapter: 1-6-1

Turns: 6

Notes: Zihark got the robe and shield and a iron forge. Sothe had resolve and Zihark had renewal and cancel. Sothe took care of the west side while Zihark went north with his killing edge and got all the armor except one with crits and adepts procs. Sothe with forged knives is pretty ridiculous in part 1.

Chapter: 1-6-2

Turns: 4

Notes: Went west and killed stuff. Sothe lured the boss on turn 3 and Zihark got the kill.

Chapter: 1-7

Turns: 7

Notes: Sothe went east while Zihark(Paragon) went north and killed some dudes. . I decided to not recruit Tormod to see what happens. Turns out he DOES fight. Maurim and Vika don't but Tormod does which is good enough because he actually attacked and killed the mage blocking the ledge. Funnily enough Tormod got to the boss before Sothe did so he attacked and weakened him enough to were Sothe could kill him. Which was pretty cool seeing as it saved me a turn. Didn't release any prisoners though which sucked.

Chapter: 1-8

Turns: 4+9!

Penalty: Tormod and Nailah

Notes: When you're penalties account for twice as much as your turns taken somethings wrong. Celerity Sothe went towards the boss and got some epic crits on bandits. Zihark cleaned up what he missed and then went south to help Tormod( who killed the draco and then some). LolNailah for the other side.

Chapter: 1-9

Turns: 8

Notes: BK solo'd while Micaiah hid.

Chapter: 1-E

Turns: 8

Notes: BK and Sothe killed lots of stuff, Zihark held of the reinforcements and then went to get the speedwing with a chest key. My stupidity meant I got Vantage instead of Parity. I wasn't about to restart the chapter for that. Although 1 parity should suffice for endgame.

Part 1 Turns taken: 77

Part 1 Penalties: 18

Part 1 Total: 95

Good luck beating that. [/sarcasm]

So far:

Prologue: 6 turns + 3 for Edward use (Edward got the wrath kill)

CH1: 9 turns, but only Micaiah escaped. Had some bad luck.

CH2: somehow I didn't see, will check when I beat the game

CH3: 9 turns, no penalties

CH4: 9 turns, no penalties

CH5: 6 turns, obviously, no penalties

Fuck, I like 9 turning. My final turncount is 9 for every chapter except the one with a 6 turn limit. This is weird.