(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

Well theres a halfshift revert shift meathod I used to do and I was a little shy on laguz stones. If I did 'screw myself' by not using wildheart it wouldn't be a big deal but since Kyza had nothing better to do with his skill inventory it wouldn't have hurt to get his guage up in turn 1 for free. I'm probably worrying for nothing.

Kyza got a dump to get a few speed and strength levels in 3-4. And then another in 3-7 to reach 30. (Roar has not been assigned) After that I was mostly saving BEXP for Tanith and then Micaiah/Tormod.

Right now hes level 31 with like 15/16 strength yet he somehow is still getting the job done since speed capped.

As of 4-2 now hes 32.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well theres a halfshift revert shift meathod I used to do and I was a little shy on laguz stones. If I did 'screw myself' by not using wildheart it wouldn't be a big deal but since Kyza had nothing better to do with his skill inventory it wouldn't have hurt to get his guage up in turn 1 for free. I'm probably worrying for nothing.

Kyza got a dump to get a few speed and strength levels in 3-4. And then another in 3-7 to reach 30. (Roar has not been assigned) After that I was mostly saving BEXP for Tanith and then Micaiah/Tormod.

Right now hes level 31 with like 15/16 strength yet he somehow is still getting the job done since speed capped.

As of 4-2 now hes 32.

But, you can't remove wildheart from Volug in part 1. Where do you get another wildheart aside from off Janaff in 3-7? Maybe there was one earlier, but I can't seem to find out. For some reason the "item locations" page doesn't have wildheart listed. (or halfshift, and I can't think of an alternate name under which it could be listed)

Sigurn went west.

Sigrun is so top tier, she can go west on 3-E. :D

lolsrsly. Did you mean east?

Possibly north up the west side. There are few fliers (to get there quickly) that you'll have at this point, and the best one (Haar) gets put to sleep since he'll have less res than the tigers (I think. I know the sleep staff user put him to sleep when I tried, anyway). One of Marcia/Sigrun/Tanith can possibly speed up the chapter by a turn if you send them up there with the horseslayer. Unfortunately they all have dubious durability at this point and thus can't take too many at once, but holding them back a bit means the laguz would be in range and the paladins would attack them instead since enemies don't like attacking a unit with effective damage on them. At the very least, player phase attacks over there allow for more of the exp to go to the army rather than get condensed into miniscule bexp (I'd love to rewrite the way they do that. How about bexp = how much it would cost to get that much exp? As in, if a unit with those levels attacked something, whatever it would cost in bexp to get that amount of exp is the bexp we get, rather than bexp := exp "gained").

With the extra bexp focused on her and a crown that would result from this type of playthrough, and being on NM, there would likely not be survival issues and so she could stomp the paladins before they can attack the laguz. Faster.

If "Other unit experience" BEXP was based off "raw" experience as opposed to "gained" experience, you would get A LOT of it. Especially in 3-12.

I'd like that. I'm not sure how much you'd really get, though.

Like, 3-12 has a bunch of non-promoted units and most of the fighting is done by our own units rather than yellow ones. They fight a bit, sure, but when you have a level 20/4 unit fight a level 19 unit, they don't get all that much. Say they get 200 exp during the entire chapter. On HM, that's 4800 worth of bexp. Plus I think 200 exp is very much an overestimate. That's less than 2 levels for your units that are probably sitting at around 20/8 or so. And if you don't use it immediately, the GMs get it, but they are all like 20/20/1 or something. It's barely over a level for them.

I suppose you could have meant 3-13 with the laguz, but even then I don't let them fight much. It's mostly the bolting sage and the physic bishop that do stuff for me. I suppose the "3-13 archer" (*cough*sniper*cough*) that kills hawks would give a fair amount of bexp, though.

Anyway, maybe not the full cost for cost. Maybe the NM bexp to make it less extreme if you let the NPCs do a bunch.

So, 20/4 NPCs getting 200 exp total during the chapter would yield 2500 bexp. That's less than a level for our units. You could even say "HM cuts bexp earned in half" applies for this, too, and it becomes 1250 bexp. It's certainly a lot better than the 200 bexp we get now, but it isn't extreme either (except on EM and NM, I suppose, but who cares about that? Those modes already give so much bexp it's insane. What's a little more?).

She did indeed go North west as Narga pointed out. I always found that the cats and tigers have a harder time with their paladin group compared to the hawks, which is why I sent here there. Plus hawks are better at dying so every one that dies is one less enemy for me to kill.

fuck 3-1, I knew I'd struggle, but fuck, I can't complete it using Oscar, Boyd AND Mia. Well, this chapter's fucked over my turncount. Even if I decide to pump my bexp into Oscar or something, that means no Nephinel in 3-2 onwards.

I should've known to pick Gatrie first, then everyone else a turn later.

Anyway

2-E: 10 turns (5 + Elincia) Elincia stunned Ludveck, though I don't think I got the energy drop. Might be wrong, though.

3-P = 11 turns. A tiger thought it'd be funny to stand in front of the boss so skrimir couldn't kill him. I swear this game has become self aware and doesn't want me to win this.

So I've been looking at 2-E, and I don't see how it can be finished in two turns without Leanne, and even with Leanne it's somewhat dubious. Elincia is too far away from Ludveck to reach him in two turns, and in order to get there with Leanne you have to expose either Elincia or Leanne to enemy fire, or both, and that involves getting raped by archers.

I literally spent like an hour staring at the map trying to figure how to do this shit.

EDIT:

1-E: 15 turns

Only got a couple of the items in the end, fuck you Volug

2-P: 8 turns, Nealuchi used, 8+3=11

2-1: 11 turns, Neph used, 11+3=14

2-2: 11 turns, Mordy and Lethe used, 11+7=18

2-3: 10 turns

bawwwwww

Edited by ZXValaRevan

So I've been looking at 2-E, and I don't see how it can be finished in two turns without Leanne, and even with Leanne it's somewhat dubious. Elincia is too far away from Ludveck to reach him in two turns, and in order to get there with Leanne you have to expose either Elincia or Leanne to enemy fire, or both, and that involves getting raped by archers.

I literally spent like an hour staring at the map trying to figure how to do this shit.

EDIT:

bawwwwww

Apparently there is a space where you can send Elincia and the boss will have to attack her at 1 range.

the red x might work.

If the only spot from which he can attack her is at 1 range, then he'll do it. The only spots he can reach that let him attack from 2 range would need to be taken up by other units, and since units love attacking he'll do it from 1 range on Enemy Phase. Elincia kills him = 2 turn clear.

Nobody said it was 2 turns by killing him on player phase.

Also, it seems the boss moves pretty early, so she may not even have to survive much. Then to avoid the whole needing stun thing, she needs to do 12 damage per shot. With weapon triangle and his 26 def, she needs 37 mt. That's 22 str, which is 3 over her base. Probably 3 levels of bexp, which is a fair amount and if you are really unlucky she might miss it. Str is 2nd, but only .15 above skill which is 50% and 4th.

edit: corrected link

Edited by Narga_Rocks

EDIT:

bawwwwww

Apparently there is a space where you can send Elincia and the boss will have to attack her at 1 range.

the red x might work.

If the only spot from which he can attack her is at 1 range, then he'll do it. The only spots he can reach that let him attack from 2 range would need to be taken up by other units, and since units love attacking he'll do it from 1 range on Enemy Phase. Elincia kills him = 2 turn clear.

Also, it seems the boss moves pretty early, so she may not even have to survive much. Then to avoid the whole needing stun thing, she needs to do 12 damage per shot. With weapon triangle and his 26 def, she needs 37 mt. That's 22 str, which is 3 over her base. Probably 3 levels of bexp, which is a fair amount and if you are really unlucky she might miss it. Str is 2nd, but only .15 above skill which is 50% and 4th.

That would explain it, thanks, I just assumed that since Ludveck had a ranged weapon he would end up attacking from a range. It makes sense now.

EDIT:

bawwwwww

the red x might work.

That would explain it, thanks, I just assumed that since Ludveck had a ranged weapon he would end up attacking from a range. It makes sense now.

I never really thought of doing it that way either until reading what others have said in this topic. Of course, I'm generally more cautious and don't try stuff like that.

EDIT:

bawwwwww

the red x might work.

I never really thought of doing it that way either until reading what others have said in this topic. Of course, I'm generally more cautious and don't try stuff like that.

I am the same. I basically was just looking at the map and going "Elincia probably dies if she goes here, or if she goes here, or if she goes here, or if she goes here, or..."

Although, Elincia needs to dodge a couple attacks from Snipers that OHKO, and then either needs +3 Str or a Stun proc to ORKO. >_>

Yeah yeah, that's true. On the other hand, I can dump BEXP on her if need be, since I'm actually using her. Dodging was a problem anyway, but I think it's one I can deal with, especially if I get a lot of Str and Spd level ups.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Although, Elincia needs to dodge a couple attacks from Snipers that OHKO, and then either needs +3 Str or a Stun proc to ORKO. >_>

Ludveck moves before the snipers. I did say that before >_>.

Ludveck moves before the snipers. I did say that before >_>.

And since I didn't do it recently I can't say that with confidence. However, remembering what you said, I did say:

Also, it seems the boss moves pretty early, so she may not even have to survive much.

I don't know if he moves first, so I didn't say that, but I mentioned he moves before some other units. If the snipers are two of them that move after him, so much the better.

I know at least 1 sniper moves after him. The otehr can probably be killed by Elincia on her way over there anyway.

She can easily kill one of them. Using my link in the previous post and the red x for reference, check Vykan's 2-E video. The longbow snipers start one space left of the x and two spaces right of the x. She can easily kill the left one. The right one is more complicated but might be killable on turn 2 (while still getting to the x).

But it doesn't matter. Of the nearby enemies, only the mage activates before the boss. Elincia doesn't need to KO anything (though there is no reason not to KO the sniper for fun). The mage attacks her but won't move since she is already at two range, then the boss attacks her. A bunch of enemies move in different places, and if you have her above the sniper's position and kill him to force the boss to stand above the mage it's a problem since some snipers in the upper area activate before the boss, but standing her on the x (which happens to be where Vykan put Haar) means they can't get to her.

So, boss dies, poor boss, all Elincia has to survive is a mage with some type of thunder and the boss. Easy. The poor thing can't even crit her thanks to her massive luck. In fact, thanks to her 24+3 res, it tinks anyway.

As a side note:

The steel longbow snipers on HM have 55 effective mt. Elincia has 36 hp, 18 def, and Amiti's +3 def boost. She is not OHKOd. Of course, they leave her with just 2 hp, so anything not a mage can KO her after, but the point is she isn't OHKOd. The boss has 33 listed hit on her at equal bios thanks to WTD. She has 98 effective avo (22x2 + 29 + 15 + 10 = 98) and he has 131 hit. Not the most reliable if the snipers moved, then the mage attacked, then the boss, since she can kill a sniper and the other one can't kill her (20 crit vs. 29 luck) at all. She'd rely on the sniper's 34 listed (122 hit vs. 88 avo) or the boss' 33 listed missing. With bio in her favour, it is actually not so bad. Of course, analyzing her chances of surviving such an event is purely academic, since the boss activates before the snipers.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

You know, I'm starting to think we should have one of these for other games in the series. I'd like to try an FE8 one.

I was considering this. The main problem I have is trying to divide it up so that there's both a reasonable number of players/units per team and trying to decide which units should be usable by everyone or are "freebies" (such as Karla for using Bartre).

Actually the main problem would be whoever gets the first pick in certain games(FE8 and 9 mostly) would win. We did an FE8 draft on Gamefaqs. Turns out whoever got Seth(me) won without a hitch. I'd assume the same thing would occur with whoever picked Titania in an FE9 one. That's why I initially chose this game for a draft playthrough in the first place. The path splits make it so whoever gets Top/High tier people doesn't automatically win.

Done.

Chapter: 4-P

Turns: 9

Penalty: None

Notes: Bexp'd Naesala till he cappped strength which took about 3 levels.Having no good 1-2 range hurt a lot. Sigurn was not good enough to one round with forged Javelins and Sothe wasn't much help with his lol22 str cap. Anyway Naesala went North and everyone else went West. Sothe was 2RKOing at 1-2 range so I let him take the East while Sigurn flew back and forth and pwned some noobs with her horseslayer. Sigrun capped skill res and luck allowing some BExp for the next chapter.

Chapter: 4-1

Turns: 7

Notes: Ike took a Paragon and went South. Soren took the generals and Titania with her handaxe forges took the west. Whoever got in the way died. Ike just about capped all important stats. Soren and Titania were already capped.

Chapter: 4-2

Turns: 6

Notes: Janaff took the south side and Zihark and Astrid went west towards the boss. Didn't quite work like I planned because a couple of archers and priets survived and I had to waste 2 turns killing them. Zihark capped speed and skill. Astrid was close with a couple of stats, so she was bexp'd next chapter.

Chapter: 4-3

Turns: 13

Notes: If only Soren could've came here. He would've helped quite a bit. Naesala took the South west side then went to help Sothe in the middle. Sigurn cleared the east and then went towards the boss. Naesala joined up with her after Sothe got the Baselard and could kill. I also got the Laguz gem( sent to convoy, white gem and Stefan.

Chapter: 4-4

Turns: 13

Notes: Kept the LEA out of the way and killed stuff with everyone. Also got fortify. Don't like this chapter much.

Chapter: 4-5

Turns: 3

Notes: Janaff was all Shut up Tibarn I can solo this level too. And so he did. Reyson helped too.

Chapter: 4E-1

Turns: 4

Notes: My hammers(Titania and Renning) went to the left and right while everyone else charged North. Never knew Astrid and Lekain have a convo so that was surprising. Other wise everything was business as usual except for one cover general dodging on turn 3 EP costing me a turn.

Chapter: 4E-2

Turns: 1

Notes: Hammer'd the BK and Meteor'd Levail.

Chapter: 4E-3

Turns: 2

Notes: Had everyone rush Dheg on turn 1. On turn 2 I played pass the Wrymslayer with Titania, Renning, Zihark, and Ike.

Chapter: 4E-4

Turns: 2

Notes: You know what happened.

Chapter: 4E-5

Turns: 3

Notes: Killed 2 Auras on turn 1, 4 on turn 2, and the rest+ Ashera on the last turn.

Part 4 Turns taken: 64

Part 4 Penalties: 0

Part 4 Total: 64

Part 1: 95

Part 2: 62

Part 3: 102

Part 4: 64

Total: 323

Woot I am number 1!!!