(FE10) Draft playthrough

BigMeatyClawz

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The epilogue of this game takes forever. Anyways, I started a second playthrough this time and got the same turn counts.

Are there any penalties for 4-E? If so, if Sanaki is forced for 4-E-5, does it count as a penalty if she gets hit by Ashera's attacks?

Sanaki isn't forced in any 4-E chapters. I'm not 100% sure on 4-E-1, because I thought more of the units forced to go to the tower were forced for this chapter, but according to this the only units forced to actually be deployed are Ike and Micaiah. So units like Kurth and co. are not forced and thus cannot be deployed if you didn't draft them and therefore do not need penalties. And I'm rather certain on that for 4-E-2 to 4-E-5, so the only chapter of which I am uncertain whether or not more units are forced is 4-E-1.

This team sucks balls, Paperblade. You're going to have a lot of fun in 1-6-2.

Aran + Sothe + Micaiah only. Sounds fun. Does taking a penalty with Volug or Tauroneo help?

Again, kirsche is probably the best equipped for this chapter. Go Jill.

Anyone willing to mirror my PT?I'm gonna submit my turn counts after a bit,but I am not what one would call a spectacular tactician.I want to know If i'm just really bad,or if my team is faulty...

xfd @ int not being capable of using aran

You telling me you can save Fiona with just Micaiah, Sothe, and Aran?

Which of them is marching over to save her? Aran has 6 move and is slowed down by thickets. If you think you can pull it off, then it is bound to be with Sothe. So, if you can pull it off and Interceptor can't, then it seems to me you'd be more accurate if you said that he is incapable of using Sothe properly.

Or maybe you were talking about when Int tried 3 times with 83% listed (or was it 83% true?) to hit an enemy and missed each time. Was it that? Because how do you make a guy overcome bad RNs? What is your secret? Do you need to stand on your head and use the classic controller rather than a gamecube controller or a wii-mote in order to overcome bad RNs?

Either way, your statement is wrong.

Oh, and have you figured out how to use Jill in 1-6-1 and Marcia in 2-P and 2-E properly yet?

edit:

I seem to have been ninja'd again.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

So, I did actually clear 1-6-2 w/o Volug. There's a 3-turn method that relies on crit or an Adept, and a method that I got down to 6-turns. I think that the former is probably not fair, so I did the latter. It may have been possible to go faster using method #2, but I think the gods were already on my side since Aran was slightly SPD-blessed and could actually ORKO a couple of the cavs.

Well, int said he got the chapter down to 6 turns without Volug, so it's obviously possible.

Or maybe you were talking about when Int tried 3 times with 83% listed (or was it 83% true?) to hit an enemy and missed each time. Was it that?

That was as int said; karma.

Because how do you make a guy overcome bad RNs? What is your secret? Do you need to stand on your head and use the classic controller rather than a gamecube controller or a wii-mote in order to overcome bad RNs?

I get good RNs by trolling people on an internet message board for a video game that came out 2 years ago.

Well, int said he got the chapter down to 6 turns without Volug, so it's obviously possible.

He's not going to disclose the strategy. I'm assuming Sothe was involved with saving Fiona. Maybe he sent both of them up there, I don't know.

edit: probably not until Paperblade finishes with the chapter, anyway.

Or maybe you were talking about when Int tried 3 times with 83% listed (or was it 83% true?) to hit an enemy and missed each time. Was it that?

Or as Paperblade said: Int getting Paperblade's luck. If they are running the same team, it almost makes sense.

Because how do you make a guy overcome bad RNs? What is your secret? Do you need to stand on your head and use the classic controller rather than a gamecube controller or a wii-mote in order to overcome bad RNs?

I get good RNs by trolling people on an internet message board for a video game that came out 2 years ago.

So Anna likes trolling?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

He's not going to disclose the strategy. I'm assuming Sothe was involved with saving Fiona. Maybe he sent both of them up there, I don't know.

edit: probably not until Paperblade finishes with the chapter, anyway.

If there's only 3 units involved in the strategy, then it's not hard to figure out what will work and what Int did.

Or as Paperblade said: Int getting Paperblade's luck. If they are running the same team, it almost makes sense.

That could be it too.

So Anna likes trolling?

As much as everyone else on this board.

I never knew Soren was this good in part 3. Sure it took a crap load of bexp and Gatrie's a crown but what else was I gonna do with that stuff seeing as Titania was already promoted and Astrid was like 6 chapters later. Anyway those two did all the heavy lifting until the DB chapters. Then Trueblade Zihark with resolve killed more stuff. Sothe helped too. Janaff was the only one who did anything in 3-7 to try to build up strike. He hit S strike around halfway through 3-10 and began one rounding with wildheart so no more gauge worries. Sigurn and Astrid were both bexp'd to third tier and have decent everything except strength which could be problematic.

Here's how I'm planning to split up part 4(it doesn't take a genius to figure this out):

Silver:

Micaiah*

Sothe*

Sigurn*

Naesala*

Greil:

Ike*

Titania*

Soren*

Hawk:

Janaff

Zihark

Astrid

* means forced.

@ Smash and Int: I know you guys hate each others guts but try to keep the personal attacks to a minimal. Same goes to any supporters of one or the other.

I never knew Soren was this good in part 3. Sure it took a crap load of bexp and Gatrie's a crown but what else was I gonna do with that stuff seeing as Titania was already promoted and Astrid was like 6 chapters later. Anyway those two did all the heavy lifting until the DB chapters. Then Trueblade Zihark with resolve killed more stuff. Sothe helped too. Janaff was the only one who did anything in 3-7 to try to build up strike. He hit S strike around halfway through 3-10 and began one rounding with wildheart so no more gauge worries.

But Soren is that good in NM. As long as you are willing to pay for it, anyway, and with your team, why not? You probably had more than enough bexp to pull that all off. The only question I have is who got Ike? Titania or Soren or neither? A promoted Soren through much bexp + crown with an A Ike is probably reasonably durable on NM, and Titania is probably durable enough (promoted on NM) to go off on her own supportless.

I'm kinda surprised, though, that Janaff could actually ORKO stuff with wildheart. I guess that just goes to show you: the skill only sucks (in part 3 and 4) on HM.

Sigurn and Astrid were both bexp'd to third tier and have decent everything except strength which could be problematic.

Too bad Sigrun's str is 4th best growth. I suppose you could try bexping her more and hope for the best.

Astrid on the other hand....yowzers. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Still, silver bow forge in 4-2 and 4-5. 20 mt. If her str is at least mediocre, I wonder what 40mt in 4-2 pulls off in NM. Does she have at least 20 str? She is promoted, but if she didn't proc str at least 4 times during the bexping then maybe not yet.

Here's how I'm planning to split up part 4(it doesn't take a genius to figure this out):

Silver:

Micaiah*

Sothe*

Sigurn*

Naesala*

Greil:

Ike*

Titania*

Soren*

Hawk:

Janaff

Zihark

Astrid

* means forced.

@ Smash and Int: I know you guys hate each others guts but try to keep the personal attacks to a minimal. Same goes to any supporters of one or the other.

Aww. It's fun.

Astrid on the other hand....yowzers. I'm not sure what can be done about that. Still, silver bow forge in 4-2 and 4-5. 20 mt. If her str is at least mediocre, I wonder what 40mt in 4-2 pulls off in NM. Does she have at least 20 str? She is promoted, but if she didn't proc str at least 4 times during the bexping then maybe not yet.

Something along the lines of

Has anyone without Nailah/the BK done 1-E? And if so, how was it?

It's tricky in PB's army. I had to do something that I've never done before in order to create an opportunity for a reasonably speedy clear. I'm sure that most people won't have problems with 1-E, looking at the armies.

Currently my turn total for Part 1 is 92 prior to 1-E (12 turns of penalties). I did a dry run of 1-E that took 15, it'll go down a bit on the final one.

It's tricky in PB's army. I had to do something that I've never done before in order to create an opportunity for a reasonably speedy clear. I'm sure that most people won't have problems with 1-E, looking at the armies.

King_Soren has just Sothe + Micaiah + Leo + Tormod (+ Volug w/ penalty)

WoMC should stomp.

Fia has just Sothe + Micaiah + Nolan (+ Volug w/ penalty)

kirsche will stomp.

Paperblade has Sothe + Micaiah + Aran + Rafiel + Fiona (+ Volug w/ penalty)

Ether has Sothe + Micaiah + Edward + Vika (+ Volug w/ penalty)

Oval used Sothe + Micaiah + Zihark + Black Knight (don't know if he used Volug)

How durable is Tormod in NM anyway? He can ORKO everything with <= 16 AS in HM with a forge, so I'd assume he only misses Myrms in 1-E with a forge at base level on NM. But what about durability?

Aside from that, I'd think some should have more problems than Paperblade's army. Maybe not, though. Edward should be promoted since it is normal mode and a Micaiah support could be helpful there if he did. Ed doubles, Aran probably won't without blessing. Rafiel's move is sad. But I'd think Fia should have more issues here than Paperblade's, unless a promoted Nolan doubles more than I thought he would in NM.

I never knew Soren was this good in part 3. Sure it took a crap load of bexp and Gatrie's a crown but what else was I gonna do with that stuff seeing as Titania was already promoted and Astrid was like 6 chapters later. Anyway those two did all the heavy lifting until the DB chapters. Then Trueblade Zihark with resolve killed more stuff. Sothe helped too. Janaff was the only one who did anything in 3-7 to try to build up strike. He hit S strike around halfway through 3-10 and began one rounding with wildheart so no more gauge worries.

But Soren is that good in NM. As long as you are willing to pay for it, anyway, and with your team, why not? You probably had more than enough bexp to pull that all off. The only question I have is who got Ike? Titania or Soren or neither? A promoted Soren through much bexp + crown with an A Ike is probably reasonably durable on NM, and Titania is probably durable enough (promoted on NM) to go off on her own supportless.

I'm kinda surprised, though, that Janaff could actually ORKO stuff with wildheart. I guess that just goes to show you: the skill only sucks (in part 3 and 4) on HM.

I'm gonna have Soren support Titania until 3-13 because I don't want Ike to have 30 more avoid. On 3-E depending on how I'm feeling I might switch Soren over to Ike, but he's likely nearing the end of his rape phase and Ike is just starting his( been holding him back since 3-1) , so Ike will probably be fine supportless for a while. Actually I might have support Reyson for the hit on auras and Ashera because I'm lacking 39+ speed units so every hit counts.

As for Janaff I forgot to mention he needed capped strength and S strike to reliably ORKO. He misses out some Halbs and obviously generals, but everyone else takes care of those so it's not to big. Although his speed is starting to lack only 17+8 with wildheart so I'm gonnna have to bexp him again. Overall though he's doing great.

Sigurn and Astrid were both bexp'd to third tier and have decent everything except strength which could be problematic.

Too bad Sigrun's str is 4th best growth. I suppose you could try bexping her more and hope for the best.

Well Sigurn 20/20 average misses strength by 2 so bexp will fix that easily. Astrid through some insane luck got 6 consecutive strength level's bringing it up to 24 post promotion and energy drop. Neither situation is impossible to work around, but I suppose I was spoiled by my entire team before them ORKOing at range and never dying. Bexp will fix both of them right up.

Something along the lines of

Well I'm stealing this. Seeing as I have all the characters he does and can just replace Elincia with Janaff. Maybe.

Oval used Sothe + Micaiah + Zihark + Black Knight (don't know if he used Volug)

Didn't use Volug.

Aside from that, I'd think some should have more problems than Paperblade's army. Maybe not, though. Edward should be promoted since it is normal mode and a Micaiah support could be helpful there if he did. Ed doubles, Aran probably won't without blessing. Rafiel's move is sad. But I'd think Fia should have more issues here than Paperblade's, unless a promoted Nolan doubles more than I thought he would in NM.

Well, I may have exaggerated a little bit. Aran has serious problems, but he does have strengths, and some armies have unique challenges ahead of them in 1-E.

So, the for reals run of 1-E took 12 turns. Anything faster would require taking chances, so that'll be the end of it. That brings my total to 104, which is worse than I expected.

But I'd think Fia should have more issues here than Paperblade's, unless a promoted Nolan doubles more than I thought he would in NM.

Slightly speed blessed Nolan + Seal + all my BEXP = holyshitthismightactuallywork

But I'd think Fia should have more issues here than Paperblade's, unless a promoted Nolan doubles more than I thought he would in NM.

Slightly speed blessed Nolan + Seal + all my BEXP = holyshitthismightactuallywork

As long as he doubles stuff it probably will. Possibly even if he doesn't, but I think doubling will make things easier. Did you get a support for Nolan (not that it really matters in 1-E thanks to the 3 authority star deficit)?

And yeah, if Sothe doesn't need your bexp and Micaiah hits level 20 anyway, it might as well go to Nolan since nobody else can use the DB bexp until part 4. (Well, Micaiah maybe in part 3, but it is probably better spent on Nolan.)

As long as he doubles stuff it probably will. Possibly even if he doesn't, but I think doubling will make things easier. Did you get a support for Nolan (not that it really matters in 1-E thanks to the 3 authority star deficit)?

And yeah, if Sothe doesn't need your bexp and Micaiah hits level 20 anyway, it might as well go to Nolan since nobody else can use the DB bexp until part 4. (Well, Micaiah maybe in part 3, but it is probably better spent on Nolan.)

My DB characters are crazy high level. Nolan's like level 17 or 18, with like 17 Speed, so I think he should be good once I get to endgame and promote him.

Also, you guys play this game way too much, I only got to like 1-6, and I might go back to 1-4 because I realized I forgot the Robe...

Things I missed:

Anyone willing to mirror my PT?I'm gonna submit my turn counts after a bit,but I am not what one would call a spectacular tactician.I want to know If i'm just really bad,or if my team is faulty...

I might afterwards if my interest level holds, your team looks like it might be fun to play.

If there's only 3 units involved in the strategy, then it's not hard to figure out what will work and what Int did.

It's true, there are not many possible paths, so I'd bet that even you could figure it out. Although keep in mind that there are environment-specific things that will not manifest themselves in every play-through. Read: Aran/Micaiah are the growth units here, and what their stats are dictates what they are capable of.

Who needs the robe on your team that would make it worthwhile???

I'm pretty sure that everyone's team does. I actually profited on my 1-4 Robe, since it took me an extra turn to get it, but it shaved at least one turn in a later chapter, and arguably more than that.

Edited by Interceptor