Naglfar

Finished second run. (Normal mode)

Top 5

5.Marcia

4.Ike

3.Haar

2.Rolf

1.Jill

Had to bring: Nealuchi Makalov Kieran Tormod Jill Naesala Titania Vika Marcia Rolf

Nealuchi- Did decently in the tower the only thing that saved him was tear. Had to give him a lot of BEXP to make him usable for the tower. In general I don't recommend bringing non-royal laguz to the tower.

Makalov- Did well in the tower he was able to double most enemies besides the spirits. Had to deploy him on the Greil Mercenaries maps and BEXP him. If you like paladins or another sword user I would bring him along to the tower. Gave him Alondite

Kieran- He has more durability and strength than Titania he did well in the tower for the fact he took small amounts of damage. He couldn't double some of the enemies in the tower. Same with Maklov had to give him BEXP and deploy him on the Greil mercenaries maps. Same reason with Makalov if you like axe users bring him. Gave him Wyrmslayer

Tormod- He does decently in the tower he requires a lot of BEXP or monopoly on the kills when he rejoins in Oliver's Mansion with paragon. For whatever reason that you don't use or like Calil he is your other option for Rexflame Gave him Rexflame

Jill- She did well in the tower and doubled most of the enemies besides swordmasters. She requires being converted to the Greil Mercenaries and some BEXP otherwise she turned out well. I would recommend bringing her to the tower if you managed to level her well, since she has great movement and damage. Gave her Urvan

Naesala- Since he's a royal laguz he performs well in the tower as to people's expectations, he doubles all enemies in the tower and is weaker than Tibarn since he doesn't have SS strike and a lower strength cap.

Titania- She is the faster version of Kieran with more magic also so she is another candidate for imbue. Like Kieran she did well in the tower and same with Kieran she couldn't double some of the enemies. She requires some BEXP and kills but not much. Same with Kieran bring her if you like axe users or need another axe user. (Gave her Tomahawk)

Vika- Vika she requires a lot of resources to be useable as in enormous amounts of BEXP and abuse if you want to raise her weapon rank. She performed better than Nealuchi for her speed and resistance is excellent which means more chance to activate tear. Same with Nealuchi I don't recommend bringing non royal laguz to the tower.

Marcia- Marcia requires BEXP and deployment in the Greil Mercenarie's maps. She performed well in the tower but due to her low strength growth she'll need blossom or BEXP those stats when her other stats are maxed out. I only recommend her if you need a spear user or if you are bringing the other two pegasus to do the triangle attack. (Gave her Wishblade)

Rolf- Most people don't use Rolf since the other Greil Mercenaries have better base stats than him and not a lot of training. His performance is on par with Shinnon but ends up with more strength depending on how Shinnon's stats turn out. He requires some BXEP and monopoly on kills. I recommend bringing him to the tower since Marksmans are a great class. (Gave him Double Bow)

Next run: Pelleas Gatrie Tanith Mia Caineghis Volug Sigrun Bastian Nailah Zihark

Edited by Generic Officer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my second run. I did this on NM, more than anything else b/c I was worried about bringing all three thieves to final chapters.

2nd PT: (all three thieves?)

49: Tanith

57: Volke

46: Janaff

34: Soren

36: Rolf

6: Aran

50: Skirmir

23: Heather

58: Caineghis

35: Mist: Vague Katti? LOL?

Tanith: She was not too bad, but mostly because I gave her paragon and got her promoted before 4-E-1. From there, I was able to get her strong enough that she was able to level off enemies pretty effectively during 4-E-3. I ended up giving her the Vague Katti.

Volke: Hey, he doubles and he's got something like 5 more str points than sothe, plus better durability (besides support lack).

Soren: I had transfers for 3 or 4 stats on this guy so at least it's easy to get all his stats as high as they can be. He's also alright at doubling on NM. I tend to use him a lot anyway just because I like him as a character alright.

Janaff: Pretty incredible as is standard. I usually give laguz like this guy blossom once they get in the 80-99 EXP range and that can pay off in terms of a few good level ups.

Aran: I normally use Aran a fair amount, he is usually either my second or third tier 1 DB to promote (around same time as jill, always after nolan). I got the best Aran I have ever seen, he got his normally high totals in str, def and skill but also got abnormally high spd (I believe 17-8 before promotion, but I played through part 1 a few months before I did the rest of this playthrough). Instead of even facing doubling cats and SMs during part 3 he was doubling many enemies w/ very high damage. I gave him wishblade after 4-E-2.

Rolf-See generic officer's comments above, he got it pretty good. Getting him up to usable was not so bad since I had str transfers. Because NM's enemies are weaker he doubled faster, and was a better attacker than shinon fairly quickly (though I still got shinon to marksman)

Heather: Getting this girl str is really quite difficult! She does ok as far as combat during ike's section if you give her a strong knife, at least she can be used to finish some guys off and let other units move on to fuller HP targets. But with str as her 2nd-lowest growth, it takes forever to get a reliable str point out of BEXP levelling so she's tough to fix. I was unable to get her to steal bolting even w/using the energy drop, so I didn't. I actually dropped her for 4-4 and 4-5.

Mist: I use her pretty frequently, so it wasn't too hard. Obviously not a great unit but let her finish some guys. At least her prf keeps her from needing a forge to get the most attack power for most of the game, so you're not tempted to waste $ on it until later-game.

Skrimir: I never understand the point in skrimir. In a lot of ways he could end up better than cain and giffca at level 40, but when is he getting there? Part 5-E? Also he can't quite get to the incredible spd of the other lions due to the cap, though 34 is still perfectly ok. He is still a usable unit though when all is said and done 2 non-canto'ing laguz is a bit inefficient at the stage of the game he is used w/ caineghis.

Caineghis: What needs to be said?

3rd:

52: Naesalea

40: Gatrie

26: Lethe

53: Pelleas

30: Makalov

14: Muarim

60: Renning

3: Leonardo

10: Taureono

2: Nolan

I think I will try this one on hard. It should be interesting, as I have never used Mak, Lethe, leo or renning in final. I've never even seen a tier 3 leonardo in my game! Hell, outside of easy mode I've never even seen a tier 2 leo!

All in all, I think it will be a challenge but a doable one.

I am considering giving myself a small handicap which breaks the rules. By doing a transfer I would get Makalov and Gatrie a few stats (mostly useful for the latter). This would make it impossible to use pelleas. Do you guys think I should? One solution would be to balance it by putting in a worse unit in place of pelleas. Maybe Laura would be a good choice since it will be hard to lever her up, and she's also a mage.

My nolan last PT had terrible stats when all was said and done, I hope he is back to normal for this PT.

@ Serverlan since you are going to try a difficult run I think it'll be fine to drop Pelleas since you'll probably know how he will end up anyways.

Finished my third run on NM.

Had to bring:Pelleas Gatrie Tanith Mia Caineghis Volug Sigrun Bastian Nailah Zihark

Pelleas: Performed decently for the three floors then his uses becomes diminished since he cannot double the spirits and depending on how his stats went does small damage to the auras or enemies despite having the strongest magic type. He needs BEXP and a lot of monopoly on kills to be useable unless if you want to give him paragon. (Gave him Balberith)

Gatrie: Gatrie is the best marshal in the game he takes small to no damage from he does well on the first and second floor and decent in the third floor but in general marshals don't perform well past the third floor. He only needs small BEXP if he needs to catch up. (Gave him a Tomahwak)

Tanith: Like Severlan above me said she's not bad but in my opinion she's the best/other alternative Falcon Knight if you didn't bother with Marcia, She doubles all enemies except the auras and does well on all floors. She only needs some BEXP to be able to perform well and is also a good candidate for imbue. Seraph Knights are a decent class to bring to the tower due to their mobility. (Gave her Wishblade)

Mia: Mia is the best trueblade in the game due to her growths and availability and pretty much only requires some monopoly on kills. She doubles all enemies and can dodge most of the attacks depending on her biorythmn. Trueblades are a great class to bring to the tower if a sword user is needed. (Gave her Vague Katti)

Caineghis: Pretty much what Severlan said he does major damage and doubles most enemies besides some swordmasters, spirits, and auras.

Volug: Volug is the next best non royal laguz to bring to the tower due to his bases. He was able to double most enemies besides the auras unfortunately his strength growth is low and will require energy drops or blossom and be prepared to dump a lot of EXP or a paragon on him. In general I don't recommend bringing non royals to the tower but if you really need to Volug is a good candidate.

Sigrun: In my opinion she's kind of underrated due to her growths but she is close to third tier and 26 speed upon promotion doubles a good number of enemies well in NM that is yes she'll need to use steel blades and steel great lances so her offense doesn't fall behind but in my opinion since the enemy stats are good in this game it's acceptable to use stronger weapons. She performs decently in the tower since she can do decent damage to all enemies except for red dragons, and auras. Unfortunately she needs a blossom or speedwings if you want to boost her speed to be able to double a majority of enemies in the tower. Only bring her if you want to complete the triangle attack or another flyer. (Gaver her a Brave Lance)

Bastian: Bastian is there if you haven't used any mages in your run and want a Rexcalibur user he doesn't double any enemies in the tower besides bishops but deals good chip damage to enemies. He's underrated in my opinion he has good bases and weapon ranks but only bring him if you really need a mage for the tower, but in general mages aren't a good class for the tower. (Gave him Rexcalibur)

Nailah: Since she's a royal laguz she does as the player expected she's only weaker than Caineghis but dobules a lot more enemies than him.

Zihark: Zihark has shaky growths and since mines didn't end up well he barley scratches enemies in the tower so in general he's a decent sword user to bring to the tower since all trueblades will double all the enemy in the tower. However if he ends up well bring him. (Gave him Alondite)

Next run

31 14 29 4 43 41 5 2 22 7

Danved, Muarium, Astrid, Ranulf, Rhys, Ilyana, Leonardo, Nephenee, and Meg (will attempt this on NM again.)

Finished my 4th run on NM had to bring:Danved, Muarium, Astrid, Ranulf, Laura, Rhys, Ilyana, Leonardo, Nephenee, and Meg

Danved: Danved is the average stat sentinel he doesn't excel in anything so basically he performs decent in the tower from floors 1-3 but it really depends on how the user's danved ends up. Ut's best to give him a paragon and a strong weapon when he joins with the Greil Mercenaries because he'll barely scratch enemies if he's still at base strength of 17. Bring him if you want another sentinel to the tower. (Gave him a spear)

Muarium: Muarium is the easier Laguz Emancipation Army member to level he gains decent exp when he hits an enemy though the problem is his low speed which ends up him to be doubled by most enemies beside sages in his rejoining chapter. It's best to exit from base then return to base and give him a speed wing and pargaon and let him take most of the kills in that chapter. He does quite well surprisingly since he doesn't double all the enemy but he does major damage back to them so he's a great non royal to bring if you managed to level him up.

Astrid: Due to her horrid bases it's difficult for her to score any kills and even if you manage to level her up her growths aren't spectacular so she might not get the essentials such as strength skill and speed. It's best to give her a blossom and dump BEXP on her and hope she gains good stat ups. If you manage to hit her speed cap she'll do great but she did well since I didn't max out her speed and strength. She's great to bring if you manage to get her stats well since she has a larger movement and can canto back to saftey. (Gave her Double Bow)

Ranulf: His gauge isn't a problem in the tower since you can give him a Laguz Gem but it's difficult to level him up outside of the tower since he runs out of his gauge really quick (-5 per turn -4 per battle) It's best to give him a paragon so he score some decent EXP. His mastery skill Rend one hit kills all enemies and he did decent since he was able to double all enemies and the auras if you managed to get his speed maxed out. He doesn't one round the enemies so basically he's a decent laguz to bring due to his bases.

Larua: Stat wise she'll end up better than Rhys but due to her class she'll not double any enemies the problem is that when she promotes she starts with an E rank in light and since Saints get doubled by most enemies (though probably not Laura if she's at a high level) it's quite difficult to let them go on the offense without risking an attack and also not to mention a person might require healing than a standard vuluneary so it's best to give discipline and mass BEXP to her. She does decent in the tower a pretty good chip damage high resistance so she can traverse from the spirits and take no damage and a staff user so basically bring her if you need another staff user or Rexaura user. (Gave her Valaura)

Rhys: Rhys is the saint that requires lesser amount maintenance to reach SS light and Staff since he starts in C light and B Staffs since he has a low speed growth will double less than Laura and deals a little bit less since male Saints cap magic at 36 basically like Laura he'll need a discipline and some BEXP and like Laura bring him if you need a staff user or rexaura user. Basically he did decent in the tower. (Gave him Rexaura)

Ilyana: Ilyana has the weakest element magic type and starts out at tier one with shaky growths so she needs to reach tier 2 before joining the Greil Mercenaries and BEXP her with Blossom on otherwise her stats won't come out well. Ilyana did decent in the tower she did a good amount of chip damage but cannot double any enemies without Nasir's white boon and she is useful on the dragon floor since they are weak to thunder magic the only reason to bring her is if you like Rexbolt or Ilyana and needing a thunder mage to kill dragons. (Gave her Rexbolt)

Leonardo: This guy should've stuck with painting rather than fighting cause he has really high skill His growths are bound to get him RNG screwed and fun fact his bases are equivalent to a level 1 archer in the Unit Profile despite starting at level 4. He's frail and gets two rounded so basically he desperately needs a lot of BEXP and hope that his stats don't screw up with a blossom also since my Leonardo got screwed (Level 5 marksman with 20 strength and 18 speed) he would've been more a liability than help but I would suspect he will do average in the tower the only reason to use him is if you like marksman and his tier 3 outfit.

Nephenee: She's the speedy sentinel she needs BEXP and good stat ups otherwise it'll be difficult for her to level when she joins the Greil Mercenaries.Basically she doubles all enemies beside auras and deals decent damage depending if you BEXP her strength. So she is a good sentinel to bring for the tower. (Gave her wishblade)

Meg: Meg's offense is pretty horrible depending on how your statups for her are the only good thing is that she has good resistance and speed so she can take out some white dragons more efficiently. She requires a lot of BEXP and monopoly on kills in her joining chapter and above otherwise she'll just become a liability. Otherwise probably not the best choice to bring unless if you managed to get her stat ups well. (Gave Alondite)

Next run: Heather Elincia Skrimir Stefan Haar Lyre Ulki Nolan Renning on NM.

(really, I'm not so mean as to disallow everybody except those ten and any forced units for the entirety of the game, though you're welcome to if you really want).

Thats how I usually play this game :) except i am even more restricting i take one unit for each SS weapon usually no Laguz, the 10th slot goes to someone to use the Alondite.

Edited by Zath of the Sword

Since I'm about to finish my Hard Mode playthrough, time to test:

Volug

Nealuchi

Brom

Heather

Astrid

Gatrie

Ulki

Pelleas

Volke

Renning

Part 1 is going to be lol.

Part 2 doesn't seem that bad, except for maybe 2-3 >_>

I'll have to use Ike, Titania, and Shinon at the least to help Gatrie in 3-1. It's going to be slow going until Ulki, though.

Part 4: Volug, Neal, and Ulki go with Micaiah, Brom, Heather, and Gatrie go with Ike, and Astrid with Tibarn...

Just saw this thread, might as well give it a try. I'll start my first playthrough when I have a chance.

First playthrough:

Tanith

Laura

Geoffrey

Sigrun

Mia

Marcia

Nephenee

Ranulf

Meg

Mist

Too many lance users. I guess I'll just end up making forges. NM playthrough.

Second playthrough:

Danved

Nolan

Titania

Gatrie

Soren

Aran

Lucia

Shinon

Haar

Tibarn

3 Lance users, one magic user, three axe users, one archer, one sword user, and one laguz. Not bad, I suppose, other than Lucia.

Third playthrough:

Naesala

Tauroneo

Kyza

Brom

Calill

Jill

Fiona

Renning

Volug

Astrid

Three laguz, two lance users, two axe users, one sword pally, one bow pally, and a fire magic user. Alright except for Fiona and Astrid, I guess.

Fourth playthrough:

Zihark

Rolf

Caineghis

Oscar

Edward

Volke

Giffca

Oliver

Stefan

Boyd

Three sword users, one archer, two laguz, one lance user, one light magic user (EEEWWW), one knife user, and one axe user. Doesn't look bad at all, other than lolOliver.

Fifth playthrough:

Ulki

Makalov

Lethe

Bastian

Skrimir

Vika

Rhys

Heather

Leonardo

Mordecai

Five laguz, one sword user, two magic users, one archer, and one knife user. Very laguz heavy playthrough, but I'm happy I have Rhys! Yay!

Sixth playthrough:

Kieran

Nailah

Muarim

Pelleas

Ilyana

Elincia

Lyre

Janaff

Nealuchi

Tormod

Five laguz (not again!), one axe user, three magic users, and one sword user. This team is pretty much full of laguz and lolnoavailability. This will be fun.

I just have 3 more to go

next pt will be my first ever all female endgame team

Titania

Jill

Ilyana

Mist

Mia

Sigrun

Tanith

Heather

Nailah

Nephenee

(also training Sanaki)

after that will be the 10 who were "outcasted" from other teams

Tibarn

Naesala

Giffca

Caineghis

Skrimir

Brom

Oliver

Stefan

Volke

Renning

then finally an all guys team

Boyd

Oscar

Rolf

Shinon

Gatrie

Tormod

Soren

Zihark

Rhys

Haar

the last one I did was all non-royal laguz

Janaff

Ulki

Ranulf

Lethe

Lyre

Mordecai

Kyza

Muarim

Vika

Nealuchi

(also trained Ena and Kurthnaga and a tiny bit of Nasir and Gareth)

the one before was CRKs

Geoffrey

Kieran

Marcia

Calill

Elincia

Astrid

Makalov

Danved

Lucia

Bastian

first one was DB

Edward

Nolan

Leonardo

Aran

Laura

Volug

Pelleas

Tauroneo

Meg

Fiona

(also trained Micaiah and Sothe)

First column:

Geoffrey

Makalov

Marcia

Mia

Haar

Ranulf

Rolf

Stefan

Mordecai

Nealuchi

Ugh, the very first number just HAD to be Geoffrey. And if you know me, you know I have a certain grudge against him. >_>

Ranulf and Marcia = :D

I can't use this team anyway though, because I never recruit Stefan. Instead, my team would be this.

Oscar

Boyd

Shinon

Kieran

Titania

Ranulf

Gatrie

Rhys

Edward

Soren

Rhys

Leonardo

Sigrun

Tormod

Tibarn

Tauroneo

Calill

Giffca

Zihark

Aran

What a pretty crappy team I have although Giffca, Zihark, and Tibarn aren't too bad. I think I'll give this team a try on hard mode whenever I get the time. I wonder if I should also record and perhaps do commentary of this playthrough as well, hmm.

Edited by Joey

I can't use this team anyway though, because I never recruit Stefan.

shouldn't you just have to recruit him then? otherwise you could also say the same thing about heather (or one of the other not automatically recruited chars) if you'd have her.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll give this a shot, since I just started a playthrough.

Team:

Sigrun

Elincia

Mia

Haar

Jill

Brom

Bastian

Tibarn

Oscar

Heather

Pretty solid, I suppose? Only I've never really used a handful of those characters.

My last team was not very different from the team before actually. I was going for a Laguz Only playthrough but beorc units ended up too cool to pass up.

My Endgame team:

Ike

Micaiah

Sothe was benched most of Endgame

Sanaki

Naesala (OMG I USED A ROYAL FOR ONCE!)

Kurth

Ena

Oscar

Jill

Lethe (hehahah i was cheap and gave her Rend and Adept)

Volug (Made it into the top 5 along with Oscar)

Soren (always)

Pelleas

Mordecai

Rolf

Mist (no blessing on her at all. She didnt get a decent sword rank so she got demoted to just healing and never attacking. Shade helped with that.)

Nasir (Ena got the bench after getting him)

Reyson

Lehran

The only thing a bit out of the ordinary was that i usually dont bring Jill to endgame and Rolf usually doesnt get trained but sometimes he does. Also the presence of a laguz Royal. I never bring those guys to endgame if i can help it but i figured why not.

Team I had bring for this run was:23 50 17 54 55 20 45 47 3 60 (Heather Elincia Skrimir Oliver Stefan Haar Lyre Ulki Nolan Renning)

Heather: I probably overleveld her since she reached third tier by 3-7. Getting strength stat ups was difficult since she has 20% to get a stat up in it so she most definitely need a blossom and lots of BEXP since she can barely dent enemies. Heather's class doesn't bring anything special since most enemies don't have a secondary weapon to steal and a mastery that reduces enemies HP to 1 which is decent. You could try giving her disarm and adept and let enemies attack her to allow her to steal more stuff, anyways she doubles everything in the tower since her speed growth is really high but depending on her strength stat she mostly either dents enemies little and have to rely on bane or deal decent damage. Basically Rogues are psuedo-assassins/ninjas which is quite cool but you could use her if you want another knife user and don't use Sothe. (Gave her Baselard)

Elincia: Elincia is a good choice for the tower since she has infinite use for her doubling prof weapon and can use staffs. Basically she should take the kills and BEXP when she rejoins, depending on the stats she has she can quad every enemy except auras, she's a good candidate to bring to the tower if you want a healer and fighter with high mobility. (Gave her Amiti)

Skrimir: Skrimir basically deals huge damage considering his base stat and S rank in strike. He basically just needs BEXP since he's at a really high level it will be difficult to gain a lot of EXP from kills. It's best to give him a speedwing so he can double more enemies in the tower, he deals huge damage also. Bring him if you want another Lion for you endgame team.

Oliver: Oliver is a back up Saint if Rhys, Laura, or Michiah is not close to using Rexaura or Ashera staff. Due to his class he doesn't double anything except for the dragons but deals good chip damage and is pretty durable Saint. Only bring him if the other Rhys, Laura, or Michiah is not close to SS light or SS staffs and don't want to spend much on arms scrolls. (Gave him Rexauara)

Stefan: Stefan is a back up Trueblade if you didn't bother raising any, he only needs some BEXP to catch up but he doubles everything in the tower if he reaches 40 speed and deal good damage. Only bring him if you need another sword user

for the tower. (Gave him Vague Katti)

Haar: Haar is slow but deals huge damage and has huge defense, he can basically manage himself to get get kills so he doesn't need much or any BEXP. Depending on his speed he will double some enemies but mostly he wont and also he gets doubled by spirits if his speed is low. He's the next best choice for a flyer in the tower. (Gave him Tomahawk)

Lyre: Lyre is weak, so she shouldn't be deployed unless if you want to work on her strike weapon rank. She should use a blossom and lots of BEXP before she can contribute to the team. She doubles everything in the tower since she is guaranteed to max speed, but her damage is pathetic depending on how she turned out and has to rely on rend to kill. Not a good choice due to her growth and laguz class.

Ulki: Ulki is good since he has a built in ability that gives him dodge, he doubles everything except auras he trades a bit of offense for more defense but still does decent damage. A good choice for a flyer.

Nolan: Nolan is a speedy warrior since he has 60% speed growth. He basically should take most of the kills during part 1 and part 3 and BEXP. He doubles everything in the tower, except auras which he needs to be Nasir (if he maxed out speed) to double them and deals great damage. A good choice for an axe user and a mastery that procs more often than others. (Gave him Urvan)

Renning: Renning is a back up paladin with great bases and maxed out weapon ranks he has small amounts of levels to grow so he should BEXP to level 20 when you first get him or let him take the kills. He doubles some enemies but the ones he doesn't double he can deal good damage to it. A good choice to bring for a sword user or if you like paladins. (Gave him Wyrmslayer since my team couldn't dent Dhanghesia without it.)