Using every unit through consecutive playthroughs

Naglfar

You don't have to use just these people throughout the playthrough. Just when you reach the tower. Otherwise, you can use whomever along the way to help feed your 10 units.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I usually have at least a few people in parts 1 and 3 that I like to prepare for Endgame and with this setup I'll mostly be cruising through without anyone to be sure I focus on aside from Heather.

And when I do these, I'm doing them in HM. I might use transfers.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to use just these people throughout the playthrough. Just when you reach the tower. Otherwise, you can use whomever along the way to help feed your 10 units.

Yeah, I know. It's just that I usually have at least a few people in parts 1 and 3 that I like to prepare for Endgame and with this setup I'll mostly be cruising through without anyone to be sure I focus on aside from Heather.

HM for the challenge?

Oh, if you can get at least 8 levels for Heather before 3-E (or more specifically, 17 str, so more levels if you get unlucky) you can crown her and get Bolting. You have Tormod and Pelleas (and Sanaki) in the Heather runthrough, so it may be worth doing. Especially since: 5 crowns, 5 units in your final group actually capable of using them.

Too bad the best weapon you can give her before 3-7 is a forged steel knife that only has 9 mt + coins and 20 uses. Remember to buy the silver dagger in 3-6 and place it on Jill or Zihark and steal it in 3-7. She'll need that 12 mt weapon.

HM for the challenge?

Oh, if you can get at least 8 levels for Heather before 3-E (or more specifically, 17 str, so more levels if you get unlucky) you can crown her and get Bolting. You have Tormod and Pelleas (and Sanaki) in the Heather runthrough, so it may be worth doing. Especially since: 5 crowns, 5 units in your final group actually capable of using them.

Too bad the best weapon you can give her before 3-7 is a forged steel knife that only has 9 mt + coins and 20 uses. Remember to buy the silver dagger in 3-6 and place it on Jill or Zihark and steal it in 3-7. She'll need that 12 mt weapon.

That's a good idea. And yeah, I plan on buffing Heather to the max. She can get at least one Energy Drop since Astrid and Nealuchi are the only others who might want one.

Also, I think we should all include the Herons. There are 3 of them and 6 runs, so you can go through each twice. Just use that random number generator for only 3 numbers. The way I did it is I treated Rafiel as 1, Leanne as 2, and Reyson as 3 and just got two different combinations, but you could go up to six and treat the Herons accordingly.

That's a good idea. And yeah, I plan on buffing Heather to the max. She can get at least one Energy Drop since Astrid and Nealuchi are the only others who might want one.

Also, I think we should all include the Herons. There are 3 of them and 6 runs, so you can go through each twice. Just use that random number generator for only 3 numbers. The way I did it is I treated Rafiel as 1, Leanne as 2, and Reyson as 3 and just got two different combinations, but you could go up to six and treat the Herons accordingly.

As much as I'm sure you'd like her to actually proc str a few times along the way, if you are giving her a drop (good idea based on your team anyway) then she could just not even proc str ever and you'd still be able to crown her and get that Bolting, so that's cool. Just need some durable units with Provoke and Heather with Shade and a 2 range weapon and she shouldn't actually die trying. I pulled it off on HM using Mia + Ike + Heather(Shade) and Reyson to get them up there from 11+ squares away to all three be within 2 of the guy. Lots of enemies whiffed on Mia since I made her a more attractive target by only giving her a 1 range weapon. If you don't raise Mia (or don't support her with Ike since he goes to the tower and she doesn't), Gatrie is probably simpler since he doesn't need as much exp to pull this off.

Actually, Heather x Ike may prove to be a worthy support, despite Heather's lack of offensive skill, simply because of the resulting durability and letting Ike keep an A support from ~3-10 on. It's a 02: it's not fast, but it isn't slow either. Plus she can have pass + adept + shade if you want. That's pretty cool (though she still won't kill much until silver dagger). Or even pass + resolve + shade (+ Ike). I don't think you'd need any more than Heather + Ike to go up there to get the Bolting without dying. And Heather has a killer luck growth. Then a Sigrun rescue (with help from Reyson) or something to get her out of there on the turn in which she steals Bolting. Sadly, though, I think Blizzard is virtually impossible to get in 3-E. Death count is too low and even if it wasn't the cats and tigers would likely get in range before anyone could set up a Heather steal.

Also, when I try to use Heather offensively, I find her bio to be kind of annoying. She still has the same number of worsts and bests, I suppose, it is just she's always switching between the two like every other turn it feels like.

Might as well post the full list, it's pretty balanced for me:

Boyd, Naesala, Marcia, Heather, Danved, Caineghis, Titania, Fiona, Edward, Nealuchi

Seems like this will be good, Titania and Boyd+ 2 royals might kill a large amount of trouble. Fiona and Danved are slightly problematic for me though. Especially Fiona...ugh.

Geoffrey, Zihark, Nailah, Makalov, Soren, Kyza, Mordecai, Laura, Ilyana, Janaff

Zihark, Soren, Ilyana, Nailah...awesome. This one will be the easiest, I think.

Lyre, Astrid, Tibarn, Mist, Skrimir, Lucia, Jill, Oscar, Ranulf, Volug

I hate Volug and Lyre, but pretty good otherwise.

Lethe, Rolf, Renning, Shinon, Nephenee, Meg, Brom, Vika, Gatrie, Pelleas

3 armor knights...good that I love using Brom. Pelleas, Meg and Vika will be a pain. This one is competitor for my worst team

Bastian, Haar, Elincia, Volke, Stefan, Nolan, Tormod, Calill, Oliver, Kieran

Pretty good, Oliver is the weak link. I've used Tormod before(BEXP abuse), the only thing that I think irritating is that I have 2 Fire Sages.

Tauroneo, Leonardo, Mia, Sigrun, Giffca, Ulki, Tanith, Rhys, Aran, Muarim

Heck, not so good either. Leonardo, Tauroneo.

On the bright side I have Mia and Ulki, and Giffca of course.

It seems like I'll have balanced teams...

Imagine Meg, Tauroneo, Leonardo, Vika, Tormod, Lyre, Pelleas, Oliver, Lucia and Lethe. That would be pretty hard.

I'll redo with the new RN generator I suppose,since I don`t remember my other teams anyway...

Nealuchi

Volug

Brom

Marcia

Renning

Stefan

Lyre

Leonardo

Oliver

Rolf

Oh joy,funfunfun....atleast I have Volug.

Naesala

Fiona

Sigrun

Heather

Skrimir

Giffca

Tauroneo

Rhys

Haar

Mist

I have a good mix of good and bad here,2 royals,a demi royal,and haar,as well as Rhys/Fiona/Sigrun

Oscar

Mordecai

Pelleas

Tormod

Boyd

Zihark

Bastian

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Edward

Not too bad

Nephenee

Vika

Lethe

Jill

Meg

Ilyana

Nailah

Danved

Calill

Gatrie

lolwut.A good mix of good and bad again

Astrid

Elincia

Kyza

Shinon

Tanith

Titania

Laura

Mia

Nolan

Janaff

I think this will be my favorite runthrough,and not just because of Mia

Kieran

Caineghis

Soren

Makalov

Ulki

Muarim

Lucia

Aran

Tibarn

Volke

And the bottom of the barrel,with Cain/Tibarn/Ulki,I can't go wrong.

Not that I have any intention of actually doing all this (nor do I have the time), but I figured I might as well to the random number thing since it is fun.

1st playthrough

Titania

Brom

Renning

Meg

Geoffrey

Tauroneo

Ilyana

Oscar

Shinon

Sigrun

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 2.

Number of them with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? 1.

2nd playthrough

Haar

Kyza

Bastian

Aran

Lucia

Zihark

Volug

Nealuchi

Muarim

Elincia

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 5.

Number of them with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? I suppose all 5.

3rd playthrough

Laura

Ranulf

Fiona

Heather

Marcia

Astrid

Tanith

Calill

Lethe

Makalov

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 7 (8 if you count Calill).

Units with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? Heather, Marcia. That's really it. Maybe Lethe and Ranulf, too. I suppose on NM Tanith or may hit it. On EM Fiona and Astrid can make it. Calill can hit 31 on HM easily enough, but it only matters if you count her.

4th playthrough

Boyd

Caineghis

Skrimir

Vika

Mordecai

Tormod

Tibarn

Soren

Leonardo

Edward

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 8.

Number of them with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? 3. On lower modes Boyd, Skrimir, Tormod, Leo, Ed have a better chance. Leo needs either his bow or much bexp.

5th playthrough

Ulki

Rolf

Gatrie

Jill

Mist

Kieran

Nailah

Lyre

Giffca

Volke

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 8.

Number of them with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? probably all of them, though Rolf and Mist may be a stretch. Lyre only needs level 30, but that's still a lot of levels.

6th playthrough

Nephenee

Oliver

Janaff

Nolan

Rhys

Mia

Stefan

Pelleas

Naesala

Danved

Number of 34+ spd cap units: 6.

Number of them with a prayer of actually hitting 34 AS? All of them. Easily.

You know, Ether, I didn't notice this before, but did you notice Mia's number?

She is:

The Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything

Makes you think, doesn't it?

Ether, I suppose you're happy then? :D

Currently on 1-E... and I'm somewhat grateful for this being on EM. 20/7 Leonardo can ORKO just fine with a steel bow, but his stats are pretty average otherwise and I'm sure the stronger enemies and scarcer experience on NM would make raising him hell... I mean, if you can't counterattack at 1 range, at least have the numbers to perform decently at 2 range. He can't even make use of it half the time because every other enemy seems to have 1-2 range!

At least he has enough RES to attack mages.

...I miss Shinon.

I was wondering when someone else would notice.

Why didn't you say anything?

Anyway, I think it is pretty funny.

I was wondering if anyone else would pay enough attention to catch it.Blurting it out wouldn't accomplish that,now would it? :P

Let's give this a go, why not:

First playthrough:

Giffca

Zihark

Mordecai

Haar

Oscar

Sigrun

Fiona

Nephenee

Caineghis

Geoffrey

This is pretty solid in combat, but it lacks magic completely. Should be a fun challenge

Second playthrough

Makalov

Nolan

Jill

Vika

Mia

Meg

Ulki

Gatrie

Aran

Nealuchi

I can see this team struggling overall. Once again, I'm lacking magic, which adds to the fun

Third playthrough

Laura

Danved

Calill

Marcia

Nailah

Naesala

Lyre

Mist

Shinon

Soren

Well, here's where most of my magic went.

Fourth playthrough

Bastian

Tormod

Kyza

Leonardo

Astrid

Muarim

Skrimir

Stefan

Oliver

Rhys

And here's the rest of it

Fifth playthrough

Kieran

Lucia

Janaff

Boyd

Edward

Elincia

Volke

Tanith

Brom

Rolf

This seems the most balanced team.

Sixth playthrough

Titania

Pelleas

Lethe

Heather

Tibarn

Ilyana

Tauroneo

Ranulf

Renning

Volug

Lots of laguz in this one.

I was wondering if anyone else would pay enough attention to catch it.Blurting it out wouldn't accomplish that,now would it? :P

I suppose if you told everyone you wouldn't know if they noticed it on their own.

I suppose if you told everyone you wouldn't know if they noticed it on their own.

Exactly.

3 Nolan

28 Kieran

36 Rolf

24 Lucia

13 Tormod

33 Titania

45 Lyre

34 Soren

50 Skirmir

4 Laura

pretty decent, Titania is ok, Nolan is pwnage, Skirmir isn't bad, rest is meh

52 Naesala

29 Astrid

18 Marcia

30 Makalov

11 Zihark

47 Ulki

15 Vika

43 Ranulf

22 Nephenee

55 Oliver

Wind,Bow weak, 4 air units, but it seems fun

9 Jill

56 Bastian

42 Mia

58 Cain

19 Nealuchi

1 Edward

32 Callil

6 Aran

46 Janaff

57 Volke

This is by far the most overpowered team, Jill, Mia, Cain, Volke (edward isn't bad)

37 Boyd

60 Renning

53 Pelleas

40 Gatrie

44 Kyza

7 Meg

20 Haar

54 Stefan

41 Rhys

21 Brom

the worst team, Meg, Pelleas, Rhys, ...

12 Fiona

16 Nailah

17 Elincia

38 Oscar

5 Ilyana

31 Danved

8 Volug

35 Mist

2 Leonardo

26 Lethe

Nailah, woohoo, Elincia, woohoo, Volug woohoo, the rest ... who cares >.>

2nd and third team seems to be the most fun team, by far

(might do one after my mage playthrough and perhaps Laguz playthrouh)

Fourth playthrough

Bastian

Tormod

Kyza

Leonardo

Astrid

Muarim

Skrimir

Stefan

Oliver

Rhys

You're going to die. In real life.

12 Fiona

16 Nailah

17 Elincia

38 Oscar

5 Ilyana

31 Danved

8 Volug

35 Mist

2 Leonardo

26 Lethe

Nailah, woohoo, Elincia, woohoo, Volug woohoo, the rest ... who cares >.>

Hey, you have Ilyana there too. And I only count five teams.

Might as well post the rest of my teams.

PT 2

Tanith

Lethe

Edward

Geoffrey

Tibarn

Fiona

Soren

Astrid

Giffca

Naesala

PT 3

Shinon

Leonardo

Zihark

Pelleas

Mordecai

Nealuchi

Muarim

Kieran

Janaff

Caineghis

PT 4

Elincia

Volke

Stefan

Lyre

Meg

Renning

Oscar

Nolan

Bastian

Boyd

PT 5

Ilyana

Aran

Volug

Brom

Jill

Mia

Haar

Laura

Sigrun

Ulki

PT 6

Nailah

Calill

Vika

Kyza

Tauroneo

Ranulf

Makalov

Lucia

Skrimir

Mist

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nephenee

Kieran

Aran

Giffca

Tibarn

Volke

Lethe

Rolf

Caineghis

Tauroneo

Janaff

Ilyana

Danved

Boyd

Elincia

Naesala

Rhys

Mia (RhysxMia otp)

Ranulf

Mordecai

Volug

Sigrun (Why must you ruin an otherwise perfectly usable team, Sigrun?)

Edward

Nolan

Mist

Stefan

Nailah

Ulki

Astrid (...)

Lyre (*facepalm*)

Brom

Haar

Gatrie

Skrimir

Tormod

Renning

Calill

Kyza

Tanith

Muarim

Geoffrey

Oliver

Jill

Oscar

Pelleas

Soren

Makalov

Bastian

Vika

Laura

Lucia

Fiona (... really? 4 units that require lots of favoritism?)

Shinon

Titania

Marcia (... 5)

Zihark

Meg (Make it 6)

Heather (And someone unsalvageable)

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nephenee

Kieran

Aran

Giffca

Tibarn

Volke

Lethe

Rolf

Caineghis

Tauroneo

Janaff

Ilyana

Danved

Boyd

Elincia

Naesala

Rhys

Mia (RhysxMia otp)

Ranulf

Mordecai

Volug

Edward

Nolan

Mist

Stefan

Nailah

Ulki

Astrid (...)

Lyre (*facepalm*)

Brom

Haar

Gatrie

Skrimir

Tormod

Renning

Calill

Kyza

Tanith

Muarim

Geoffrey

Oliver

Jill

Oscar

Pelleas

Soren

Makalov

Bastian

Vika

Laura

Lucia

Shinon

Titania

Marcia (... 5)

Zihark

Meg (Make it 6)

NO!Fuck you!FUCK YOU!

Anyway...some of those teams are pretty lol.

Vika

Laura

Lucia

Shinon

Titania

Marcia (... 5)

Zihark

Meg (Make it 6)

I'm sorry, NO.

First off, you don't even have any other CRKs, so paragon in 3-9 is a given. She'll double in 3-11 if you actually used her in part 2, well, 75% of the map anyway. And you can basically use her normally and she'll be fine in 4-E. She won't be much good in 4-P unless you let her have a horseslayer (nobody else on your list is appropriate for that task anyway), but even without it she'll still end up fine for 4-E. Probably double in 4-3, too, and wyrmslayer makes her pretty good at something most of the team won't be.

Leonardo

Nealuchi

Nephenee

Kieran

Aran

Giffca

Tibarn

Volke

Lethe

Rolf

Caineghis

Tauroneo

Janaff

Ilyana

Danved

Boyd

Elincia

Naesala

Rhys

Mia (RhysxMia otp)

Ranulf

Mordecai

Volug

Edward

Nolan

Mist

Stefan

Nailah

Ulki

Astrid (...)

Lyre (*facepalm*)

Brom

Haar

Gatrie

Skrimir

Tormod

Renning

Calill

Kyza

Tanith

Muarim

Geoffrey

Oliver

Jill

Oscar

Pelleas

Soren

Makalov

Bastian

Vika

Laura

Lucia

Shinon

Titania

Marcia (... 5)

Zihark

Meg (Make it 6)

OBJECTION!

RhysxMia is one of the worst crack pairings ever. Only the likes of Astrid/Makalov are worse.

...That aside, some of those teams are pretty lol.

Gatrie

Brom

Meg

Mist

Aran

Tormod

Zihark

Giffca

I got Aran and Gatrie twice.

This is the best randomly made Trojan Horse ever; a slow moving wall (Consisting of Gatrie, Aran, Brom, and lolMeg), Mist plays horsey healbot, Tormod is the magicman, Zihark is the swordy, and Giffca is the rape machine.

Second playthrough:

Oliver

Volug

Volke

Giffca

Kieran

Ranulf

Zihark

Tibarn

Okay, so the only double is Volke... this team is actually pretty solid. I mean, ACTUALLY good.

So I get Volug and Zihark, who (Along with Micaiah and Sothe) are raping Part 1. Then in Part 2... well, I don't have many choices until Kieran comes around, then... well, I don't have much of a choice either.

Part 3, I get Ranulf and Ike (Which is pretty cool I guess.) and in Part 4, the team comes together; Oliver is... the backup healer or something, Volke is the Sothe-2, Tibarn, along with Giffca and Volug, are the rape machines. Oh, Ranulf and Zihark are doubling everything too.

And Kieran is still the Dark Horse. Or, in this case, the relatively shoddy red horse.

Gatrie

Brom

Meg

Mist

Aran

Tormod

Zihark

Giffca

I got Aran and Gatrie twice.

This is the best randomly made Trojan Horse ever; a slow moving wall (Consisting of Gatrie, Aran, Brom, and lolMeg), Mist plays horsey healbot, Tormod is the magicman, Zihark is the swordy, and Giffca is the rape machine.

Second playthrough:

Oliver

Volug

Volke

Giffca

Kieran

Ranulf

Zihark

Tibarn

Okay, so the only double is Volke... this team is actually pretty solid. I mean, ACTUALLY good.

So I get Volug and Zihark, who (Along with Micaiah and Sothe) are raping Part 1. Then in Part 2... well, I don't have many choices until Kieran comes around, then... well, I don't have much of a choice either.

Part 3, I get Ranulf and Ike (Which is pretty cool I guess.) and in Part 4, the team comes together; Oliver is... the backup healer or something, Volke is the Sothe-2, Tibarn, along with Giffca and Volug, are the rape machines. Oh, Ranulf and Zihark are doubling everything too.

And Kieran is still the Dark Horse. Or, in this case, the relatively shoddy red horse.

I think you're doing it wrong...