Using every unit through consecutive playthroughs

Naglfar

Nah, I did it right. I just didn't put all of them onto the post. That, and I got double numbers. Weird.

I can do it over, if you like.

Tanith

Volug

Callil

Makalov

Marcia

Bastian

Ulki

Edward

Illyana

Renning

So, except for Renning and Volug, my units will be taking hits like a bitch. On the bright side, they have awesome move, and the ones who don't have magic. So, where this puts Edward is a difficulty.

Muarim

Lyre

Tormod

Leonardo

Mia

Volke

Naesala

Giffca

Mist

Elincia

wtf is this shit. First I get either units with terrible availability (Tormod, Muarim, Volke, Giffca, Elincia, and Naesala), or are just plain bad. (Lyre, Leonardo, and Mist). Fuck. If I had one free pass, this one would be it. To quote Bill O' Reilly: "Fucking thing SUCKS!"

Aran

Lucia

Rhys

Oliver

Astrid

Danved

Soren

Rolf

Brom

Tauroneo

AND THEN I GET A TEAM THAT IS DOUBLED FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AT ENDGAME. Except Lucia and Danved, but lolLucia and lolDanved.

Laura

Janaff

Fiona

Gatrie

Heather

Lethe

Meg

Vika

Jill

Zihark

And then I get decent units get paired up with Fiona, Meg, Heather, and Vika. FML.

Pelleas

Caineghis

Boyd

Geoffrey

Kieran

Haar

Shinon

Nailah

Kyza

Mordecai

Am... am I dreaming? Holy shit. Holy balls and shit and stuff. A randomized team with Haar, Shinon, Nailah, Mordecai, AND Caineghis? This is fucking sweet. Mentions go out to Boyd for hitting stuff hard while Haar isn't around and the Paladins for having... Move I guess. Oh yes, Pelleas gets some props too for being an average makeshift Archsage. Kyza can smoke a pole... but he does that anyway.

Titania

Stefan

Skirmir

Tibarn

Sigrun

Ranulf

Nolan

Oscar

Nephenee

Nealuchi

Yeah, that awesome move team for Play One can suck a dick. I get GOOD units with awesome Move. Except Sigrun and MAAAAAAAYBE Nealuchi. Although that raven is monstrous in Part 2. Let's see... Nolan is cool shit; a beater AND a wall, so Nephenee is demoted to lance user.

------------

So, let's TIER THIS SHIT.

Top Tier:

Team 5

Team 6

Average Tier:

Team 4

Bottom Tier:

Team 1

Team 3

Team 2

----------

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I did it right. I just didn't put all of them onto the post. That, and I got double numbers. Weird.

So, let's TIER THIS SHIT.

Top Tier:

Team 5

Team 6

Average Tier:

Team 4

Bottom Tier:

Team 1

Team 3

Team 2

----------

If you were getting duplicates, then you either used the wrong generator (likely my bad from earlier) or the right generator was just off its tits.

Loltierlist. PT5 and 6 are what happens when your first three are complete balls.

Muarim

Lyre

Tormod

Leonardo

Mia

Volke

Naesala

Giffca

Mist

Elincia

wtf is this shit. First I get either units with terrible availability (Tormod, Muarim, Volke, Giffca, Elincia, and Naesala), or are just plain bad. (Lyre, Leonardo, and Mist). Fuck. If I had one free pass, this one would be it. To quote Bill O' Reilly: "Fucking thing SUCKS!"

This team isn't as bad as you think. Remember, you can use whomever you want along the way. It's just the tower where you are stuck with these guys. You still have Mia, Volke, Naesala, Giffca, Elincia in the tower. On NM Elincia is a goddess of destruction less than halfway through 4-2 (assuming paragon). On HM it takes longer and there are still a couple of enemies she doesn't ORKO by the end of 4-2, but even on HM she'll be hax by the tower. Offensively, anyway. Also Mist will be a good backup healer. It's always helpful to have two, especially when you only have 5 units (plus Ike) with good offence. Also 4 potential wyrmslayer users. Not sure what kind of prowess Mist will have with the wyrmslayer. I think she'll 3HKO whites and 4HKO reds even with it, and of course Sol has a low chance of activating. Still, 3 good wyrmslayer users (Ike, Mia, Elincia). Naesala and Giffca are obviously fun. If you can get Lyre to level 30 (easier on NM) then she is an all or nothing kind of character considering Rend OHKOs reds and without rend she tinks reds. Leonardo, Muarim, and Tormod all have issues. On NM you can alleviate some of these characters' issues through bexp, but on HM they are screwed (and probably so is Lyre). I still don't think there should be any problems clearing out the tower with that squad.

Easier than team 1, anyway. Easier than team 4, too.

Pelleas

Caineghis

Boyd

Geoffrey

Kieran

Haar

Shinon

Nailah

Kyza

Mordecai

Kyza > Lyre, sure, but Rend > his thing.

Cain = Giffca, approximately.

Shinon has the double bow pretty quick, I'll give you that he's awesome for this.

Pelleas > Tormod is possible, though all Pelleas can really bring to the table is staves, but Mist/Elincia > Pelleas for that.

Muarim > Kyza, though.

Geoffrey, Boyd, Kieran are inferior to Volke and Elincia anyway.

Mia > all on your list but Shinon, Cain, and Nailah in the tower.

Naesala and Nailah are probably about even.

Really, team 5 is not so much better than team 2. It's basically that team 2 has no answer to Shinon. Except if you are on NM Leo might be able to pull off 30 AS and then Shinon is only really superior defensively and on Deg, spirits, auras, Ashera. So again, no answer to Shinon, but it isn't the end of the world.

Titania

Stefan

Skirmir

Tibarn

Sigrun

Ranulf

Nolan

Oscar

Nephenee

Nealuchi

Mia > Nephenee

Volke > Stefan

Naesala close to Tibarn.

Giffca >> Skrimir.

Elincia > Titania (in the tower)

Mist > no extra healer (Also Mist > Sigrun, probably)

Leo, Tormod, Muarim, Lyre have issues, I'll grant. But Nealuchi has issues, too. So Oscar, Nolan and Ranulf against Leo, Tormod, Muarim.

I'm not seeing how team 6 is >> team 2, though. In fact, with those other units being better, Oscar Nolan and Ranulf may not be > Leo, Tormod, and Muarim by enough to counteract team 2s win in the other areas. Also team 6 doesn't even have a double bow user.

You underestimate team 2.

Team 1 and 3 have some real issues, though.

PT 1

Kyza (Crap)

Nealuchi

Mist

Muarim (Here we go with 2 low availability units)

Fiona (2 Crappy units)

Elincia

Lucia (3)

Heather (Gawd)

Titania (FINALLY!)

Tibarn (Hell. Yes.)

Oh well. I use these guys a lot. Just not... all... at... once.

PT 2

Tauroneo (joy.)

Skrimir (Oh joy.)

Jill (Oh, god)

Nephenee (...)

Illyana ( :Ilyana: )

Leonardo

Makalov (Wut)

Tormod (Screw you.)

Zihark (W00t)

Lyre (Damnit!)

Now THIS is a team that I like.

PT 3

Geoffery

Shinon

Laura

Vika

Meg (Why, oh why must you ruin my otherwise perfectly usable team?)

Nolan

Lethe (Hell, I can even use her)

Stefan

Aran (YES!)

Oscar

Meg ruins it, but hey, it's Javelin Man!

PT 4

Boyd

Gatrie

Bastian

Soren

Pelleas

Volke

Ranulf

Mordecai

Nailah

Except for Boyd and Gatrie, I've got a team of sub-humans and mages.

PT 5

Tanith

Naesala

Haar (W00t)

Renning (Worse than Titania, but wtv.)

Danved/Devdan

Ulki

Mia

Marcia

Kieran

Sigrun

I can make this team work.

PT 6

Oliver (He graces my team with beauty)

Caineghis (Eh.)

Janaff

Volug

Brom

Astrid

Rolf

Calill

Rhys

Edward

Perfectly usable.

I guess I got kind of lucky here.

Currently on part 3 CH 11 of my team 1 playthrough.

1st PT:

45: Lyre (GAAH)

15: Vika

59: Giffca

21: Brom: Urvan

39: Shinon: Double Bow

1: Edward: Vague Katti

55: Oliver: Matrona

32: Calill: Rexflame

38: Oscar: Wishblade

56: Basitan: Rexcalibur.

Normal mode w/ transfers, mostly because I've never taken advantage of my callill from FE9 that has caps from both her and Largo. For Lyre, I stuck blossom on her and get her 1 levelup per chapter w/ BEXP until paragon became available, then dropped blossom and put paragon only on her. Also gave her an energy drop and a dracoshield.

Brom has early-capped STR and Skill, I actually have blossom on him right now so I can get him close to 99 w/out leveling up (so I can BEXP level him).

3 of my chars only show up in late part IV, so I think that Lyre, Vika and Edward can be caught up pretty effectively (especially lyre in the desert) and I'm pretty sure I got Vika close to S strike in the few chapters she was available by using her way too much.

EDIT-Oops. I meant Vika in the desert, then I realized she doesn't show up till 4-E-4. I actually tossed her my part 1 paragon, probably a stupid move for only two more chapters of paragon (1-E and 4-4) but I felt like Edward didn't need it and the GM didn't need it.

Edited by SeverIan

If Narga would actually read the commentary before mounting his high horse, he would notice that Sedgar was talking about their performance throughout the game, which is indeed quite bad for team 2 since the only unit worth half a shit is Mia, as the rest are "either units with terrible availability (Tormod, Muarim, Volke, Giffca, Elincia, and Naesala), or are just plain bad. (Lyre, Leonardo, and Mist)."

If Narga would actually read the commentary before mounting his high horse, he would notice that Sedgar was talking about their performance throughout the game, which is indeed quite bad for team 2 since the only unit worth half a shit is Mia, as the rest are "either units with terrible availability (Tormod, Muarim, Volke, Giffca, Elincia, and Naesala), or are just plain bad. (Lyre, Leonardo, and Mist)."

So why is that relevant? I started with pointing out he didn't have to use them throughout, you know. That fixes all the problems early, and so in 4-E that team is better than or close to most of the others. This is especially true in the case of Giffca, Elincia, Naesala, Volke, since they are going to be good when they show up (or soon after in the case of Elincia) and you can use whatever before. Even get a bunch of GMs to third tier for the help along the way.

I interpreted it all as him not understanding that the point isn't to use only them throughout the game, and I pointed out how good they are at the end.

The only one that really remains consistant throughout my playthroughs is Soren. So like ive brought a pretty much a different team each time in endgame. I should try others. Some characters ive never bothered with are:

Brom

Lyre

Kyza

Danved

Tormod

Oliver

this is my first playthrough team

Edward

Nolan

Laura

Muarim

Neauleuchi

Shinon

Gatrie

Kyza

Rhys

Ranulf

Sigurn

I got both majorly lucky and majorly screwed. Its well balanced for sure, I have a bowman, armoured/lancer, the best Trueblade and Reaver. But then, Laguz / crappy light magic users screwed :sob:

Edward

Nolan

Laura

Muarim

Nealuchi

Shinon

Gatrie

Kyza

Rhys

Ranulf

Sigrun

I got both majorly lucky and majorly screwed. Its well balanced for sure, I have a bowman, armoured/lancer, the best Trueblade and Reaver. But then, Laguz / crappy light magic users screwed :sob:

Lolfixed.

Edward is the best potential-wise, but only slightly. Mia rapes him at everything else.

Oh, and Ranulf isn't that bad.

Edited by Naglfar

Edward

Nolan

Laura

Muarim

Neauleuchi

Shinon

Gatrie

Kyza

Rhys

Ranulf

Sigurn

@Bolded: What. Mia/Zihark rape Edward in combat. And give Ranulf a Laguz Gem/find a way to BEXP him. This makes him pretty awesome.

First playthrough:

Giffca

Zihark

Mordecai

Haar

Oscar

Sigrun

Fiona

Nephenee

Caineghis

Geoffrey

I've started already on this playthrough, currently at the start of 1-E. I gave Zihark the Paragon skill and he's now L12 already, and Fiona is at L15 Lance Knight. I've got about 10k BEXP to use so I can promote Fiona if I want and still have a fair amount left over, it would save a lot of messing around in the long run. Having a Zihark/Fiona support makes them both pretty invincible. Looking forward to raising the Ch2 subset. I'll probably take Paragon off Zihark now and pass it to Ilyana so someone else can make use of it.

I'm in 1E on my playthrough.

yey For BEXPing Laura from level 9 to Level 20 and then crowning her. She still needed a Robe though, but otherwise she's crazy good. Sucks about lolMagic User Speed cap though. Also training up Meg and Muarim. Well, mainly Meg.

Started Chapter 2, and things are going ok. Haar got two very nice level ups in 2-P (all except Spd, and HP Str Mag Spd Luk Res) without even trying, and I got some bad growths on Nephenee in 2-1 so I'll be retrying that again for better ones. She can reasonably gain 3-4 levels if she more or less solos the chapter. Brom and Heather are busy with the visiting anyway.

1) Shinon w00T!

2) Rofl :(

3) Meg :(*2

4) Renning <_<

5) Kyza :angry:

6) Giffca :/ shame about his availability

7) Soren :facepalm:

8) Ilyana :wacko:

9) Calill :sob:

10) Oscar :mellow:

Fuck that team. 3 mages, 2 that're never around, 2 of the worst units in the game AND the worst GM?

Lessee... Zihark, Tauroneo, Stefan, Gatrie, Nolan, Oliver (:(), Edward, Jill, Muarim, Laura.

That'll do. I'll try and get to this after my recent HM run and this draft PT (As in, It'll be a while).

Edited by kirsche

1) Shinon w00T!

2) Rofl :(

3) Meg :(*2

4) Renning <_<

5) Kyza :angry:

6) Giffca :/ shame about his availability

7) Soren :facepalm:

8) Ilyana :wacko:

9) Calill :sob:

10) Oscar :mellow:

Fuck that team. 3 mages, 2 that're never around, 2 of the worst units in the game AND the worst GM?

Lessee... Zihark, Tauroneo, Stefan, Gatrie, Nolan, Oliver (:(), Edward, Jill, Muarim, Laura.

That'll do. I'll try and get to this after my recent HM run and this draft PT (As in, It'll be a while).

2 that are never around? Soren and Ilyana are both around plenty. Calill is the only mage of those never around.

Anyways for my first playthrough I got:

1.Volug

2.Nephenee

3.Makalov

4.Brom

5.Renning

6.Gatrie

7.Danved

8.Caineghis

9.Oliver

10.Naesala

I am up to 2-E and things are going ok, now that I have a wider variety of units to work on. Geoffrey has reached L3 Silver Knight already just by soloing Geoffrey's Charge (hey it lives up to its name now), so he'll be taking a back seat for a while in his Chapter 3 maps just cos he doesn't need much work to cap his offensive stats. As for 2-E, I have Haar, Nephenee, and Mordecai to raise. Mordy got a speed proc in 2-1, and is at 18.89 at the start here so I'm hoping for another early Speed up (and maybe some skill) with BEXP before I start. I wish I had the foresight to take Geoffrey's Paragon for Mordecai, but I can think about that later. Nephenee is doing ok, and Haar is gonna be awesome as always.

I am up to 2-E and things are going ok, now that I have a wider variety of units to work on. Geoffrey has reached L3 Silver Knight already just by soloing Geoffrey's Charge (hey it lives up to its name now), so he'll be taking a back seat for a while in his Chapter 3 maps just cos he doesn't need much work to cap his offensive stats. As for 2-E, I have Haar, Nephenee, and Mordecai to raise. Mordy got a speed proc in 2-1, and is at 18.89 at the start here so I'm hoping for another early Speed up (and maybe some skill) with BEXP before I start. I wish I had the foresight to take Geoffrey's Paragon for Mordecai, but I can think about that later. Nephenee is doing ok, and Haar is gonna be awesome as always.

Assuming you are using a North America disc, you can't remove Paragon from Geoffrey in part 2. And even if you could, it would be before the start of 2-3, not at the end of it. I'm not sure about the other non-Japanese discs, but I assume it is the same. The original game (I think) only prevented moving part 2 skills around in Maniac mode, and not the other modes. In NA, even EM won't let you move skills around at all in part 2.

Ah, that is something I wasn't aware of, but if you noticed my location I'm in the UK, so I'm using the PAL version of the game, which makes things slightly different. It is good to know though, at least for future playthroughs.

• 2 weeks later...

Second playthrough done. Records were as follows:

Fifth, Lethe. She joins early in Part 2, so that makes sense.

Fourth, Heather. She has even better availability than Lethe does, so yeah.

Third, Soren. Besides Ike, he's was my only GM, so this isn't surprising.

Second, Haar. He didn't come to Endgame but I used him a lot. I don't need to explain why.

First, Leonardo. Seriously. Somehow the guy with no 1 range got first. I guess he was helped along in Part 1.

Third playthrough:

Sigrun

Nolan

Janaff

Brom

Calill

Oscar

Astrid

Renning

Ranulf

Zihark

Two of the better DB members, five units for Ike's team to juggle, two CRKs, and someone I don't have to train. Seems balanced enough. As I said earlier, normal mode from now on.

1st playthrough brought...

1. Shinon

2. Gatrie

3. Bastian

4. Oliver

5. Oscar

6. Renning

7. Titania

8. Lion King

9. Tibarn

10. Forgot who I brought

Are you saying you brought Bastian and Oliver of your own accord?