Best/Worst in the series: Round 32

General Spoon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to renominate best/worse couple? Even though I nominated it like... half a year ago? XD

Best: FE10 Ike, I haven't played or watched FE1-5 (except 2, I played a bit) and he is just like... AMAZING!!! He was also good in PoR though.

Worst: (not voting) Like last time, I WON'T CHOOSE ROY!!!! awesome: He deserves better. So I'll choose... ummm... No idea. XD I won't vote for worst. Just to save time for you I'll just mention I ain't voting at the beginning.

Serv and Volbo say hi. And no, I'm not basing that statement off of grinding(I don't grind in FE2. I generally just play easy mode and only do side battles so as to recruit extra characters/get items). And no, she really doesn't do all to well late in the game due to her poor str and semi bad HP(which is important for magic users). She's obviously the best unit for the first battle of the game when you look at your other units during that chapter (Boey.....)

Serv was only slightly more durable than Celica... around their start and Celice did more damage with Magic than he did as well as being able to attack from range so she didn't need to eat a counter-attack. Valbo, more durable, less damage again.

Worst: Ike

Guy's overrated as hell.

What does that have to do with anything?

If at least one other Lord is, say, a 6, and Ike is a 6.5, but everyone calls Ike a 9, he's very much overrated, but still better than the 6. Even if he is overrated, he's among the best in fe10. Even if you don't like "Top tier" for him, he's easily "high tier". But if your standard for best and worst is:

best: most accurately tiered

worst: least accurately tiered

then maybe based on what you said Ike can be "worst". Otherwise, I have to say:

What?

You also didn't specify which Ike you are talking about. The first post has a list from which you can choose, but you did not choose from that list.

Worst: Ike

Guy's overrated as hell.

If at least one other Lord is, say, a 6, and Ike is a 6.5, but everyone calls Ike a 9, he's very much overrated, but still better than the 6. Even if he is overrated, he's among the best in fe10. Even if you don't like "Top tier" for him, he's easily "high tier". But if your standard for best and worst is:

best: most accurately tiered

worst: least accurately tiered

then maybe based on what you said Ike can be "worst". Otherwise, I have to say:

What?

You also didn't specify which Ike you are talking about. The first post has a list from which you can choose, but you did not choose from that list.

I meant "The guy's as overrated as hell".

I don't care about the list. It's stupid to seperate them based on the game. They're still the same Ike.

And either way, I like every lord in the series better than Ike.

Edited by Harudoku

I meant "The guy's as overrated as hell".

I know what you meant. I'm just saying being overrated does not necessarily make you the worst.

I don't care about the list. It's stupid to seperate them based on the game. They're still the same Ike.

But his abilities are different:

His stats are completely different,

his class is different,

his tier 2 caps are different,

he eventually gets axes,

his growths are way different,

Aether is different: (skill/2)% rather than skill%.

Even Ragnell is different since it no longer negates non-wrath crits.

Basically, nearly everything about him is different. Thus, he's a different character.

I could consider Leaf to be better than otherwise if I include his fe4 incarnation. But as far as this question is concerned, he's just the fe5 Leaf and not the combination of fe4 and fe5. Master Knight is a pretty amazing class.

And either way, I like every lord in the series better than Ike.

And that's the reason he is "worst" to you, which is fine.

But "Ike" is still not a valid response because it doesn't specify which one.

Besides, it can be statistically proven by facts and calculations that many lords are worse than either Ike.

*AHEMRoyAHEM*

The only good thing about Roy is that Sword of Seals is the best Prf Sword ever. If they made it with unlimited uses, it'd be one of the best weapons OF all time.

Best: Ike (FE10)

Honorable mention: Sigurd

I'd swap them, except that even though Sigurd ORKO's at base, he does actually get worse as the game progresses. In short, he goes from "Godly" to "Eh". Ike goes from "Awesome" to "Godly".

Worst: Roy

His only redeeming factor is that he's great until he levelcaps, and once he FINALLY promotes, he gets the SoS.

I nominate Best/Worst Unlockable Character. This counts for anyone unlocked after beating campaign (Or beating it a certain number of times) and includes Pelleas and Lehran as well as the others in FE's 6, 8, and 9.

I'd swap them, except that even though Sigurd ORKO's at base, he does actually get worse as the game progresses. In short, he goes from "Godly" to "Eh". Ike goes from "Awesome" to "Godly".

Sigurd never goes to 'eh.' Just refer to his average stats. He still beats nearly all mounted units statistically. He also provides leadership bonuses and gets a broken ass weapon in the final chapter. There's also a series on youtube of Sigurd soloing the entire part of his game.

Edited by freeknight

Sigurd never goes to 'eh.' Just refer to his average stats. He still beats nearly all mounted units statistically. He also provides leadership bonuses and gets a broken ass weapon in the final chapter. There's also a series on youtube of Sigurd soloing the entire part of his game.

Screw stats, Personal experience means everything.

Best: FE9 Ike, he is really useful earlygame, with all the axeusers around, he will double most of them and hits quite hard too, he is durable and has great supports with Soren & Oscar.

Worst: Leaf, has bad stats, bad growths, he will not be too useful earlygame where most units are soldiers and have WTA ove him, the FE5 RNG isn't helping him out either.

Best: It's a tough choice between Ike (FE10) and Sigurd. Both start off and end up awesome. Both tend to be a bit vunerable to mages, but since Sigurd gets a weapon that eliminates this weakness, I'll have to vote for him.

Worst: Again it's a tough choice, this time between Leaf and Roy. Saying Roy premotes 'late' is a MASSIVE understatement, and Leaf sucks even after premotion. Although SoS means Roy as actually pretty good after he premotes, while Leaf's redeeming quality is a fluctuating leadership. (mostly 1 or 2) So I'll have to say Leaf.

Best: Sigurd (FE4) - A mounted unit in a mount-dominated game. A sword user in a game where swords are the best physical weapon. A Jeigan that never stops being useful. He gets a Silver Sword on the very first chapter (and can always use it because of the repair system), and a 30 might holy sword later on. The dude has everything going his way.

Worst: Lyn (FE7) - Bad defense, bad constitution, and meh strength with two underwhelming weapon types. Not an outstanding unit by any stretch.

Best: Sigurd (FE4) - A mounted unit in a mount-dominated game. A sword user in a game where swords are the best physical weapon. A Jeigan that never stops being useful. He gets a Silver Sword on the very first chapter (and can always use it because of the repair system), and a 30 might holy sword later on. The dude has everything going his way.

Worst: Lyn (FE7) - Bad defense, bad constitution, and meh strength with two underwhelming weapon types. Not an outstanding unit by any stretch.

Statistic and unit-wise, anyway. :awesome:

Edited by Neku

A Jeigan that never stops being useful.

Considering the difference between a promoted unit and a not-promoted unit in that game is simply the one that starts before level 20 with a promotion just gets its promo bonuses earlier (including the horse), I'm not sure you can actually call him a Jeigan. It isn't like he has fewer levels to grow than other characters or gets less experience. And without those promo bonuses his stats are about the same as Alec's at first (all but two stats are the same actually) and they are close in level so it isn't like he has bad bases for his level, either.