Best characters for their respected classes

Deliriyum

Actually, I think GFAQs is pretty good at bitching about personal experience and favouritism. The only difference is there are more people bitching over here, and they do it better and back it up with evidence.

Soren fanboys are in no shortage anywhere. I even see them on 4-chan!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't rocket science. Micaiah has an armor/horseslaying weapon that targets the lower defensive stat, an automatic A support, gets staves in second tier, Sacrifice for emergency, and is forced in a clunky team for 75% of the game. Soren is noteworthy in no way among a relatively strong team, especially since he's second tier yet almost never doubles unless Adept is triggered - it's very easy for him to get shut out of the team after the few maps he's no longer forced.

What? Soren doubles a lot for me. And if you add the skill that allows two consecutive attacks, I've seen Soren TRIPLE enemies. I have no clue what you are talking about.

Sure you don't. Because you're either:

- Playing on easy mode

- Favoring Soren

- Getting lucky, which falls into personal experience, which I already chewed you out on

As for Adept, that'd be better off in other hands.

Its shame he has the skill growth for it, but not the caps...

Here's my opinion. Only played 6-11 btw.

Sniper: FE10 Shinon

Wyvern Lord: Miledy

Hero: Gerik, Dieck veeery close though

Sage: Lute

Thief: FE10 Sothe

General: Wendy :D

Priest: Lucius

Valkyrie: Priscilla

Warrior: Barth

Beserker: Gonzales

Nomad: Shin

Peg knight: Tana~

Paladin: Percival

Swordmaster: Joshua

Manakete: Fa

Shaman: Ray

The reason that those units are rated poorly is not because they don't end up good, or at least, some of them do, but it's because, at least in HM, getting them there is very difficult and not worth it. For example, EM Edward is amazing because EXP is so abundant that his great growths kick in very quickly and he becomes one of your best units almost immediately and doesn't have problems with being very underleveled.. However, in HM, he has much more trouble with enemies to start with and then gets much less EXP for it, meaning that he's very poor for all of part 1 and 3, and then come part 4, he's horribly underleveled.

Wendy? lolno

Barth? Can't be a warrior and Bartre is lol. I'd actually say Geitz or Wade is the best.

There is no best Shaman, although most would agree its Canas.

Swordmaster? How could you not think at ALL that Rutgar > Joshua?

EDIT: That and Edward has lolWind affinity so even if he'd give somebody HEAD for a support, they wouldn't want him.

That and he has terrible bases and really, bases > growths 95% of the time.

Don't believe me? Look at characters like Pent, Echidna, Dieck, Harken, Percival, Dagda, Seth, Duessel, Titania, Volug, Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight...

And then look at characters like Nino, Sofiya, Est, Miranda, Ziess, Edward, Corpul, etc.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

Wendy? lolno

Barth? Can't be a warrior and Bartre is lol. I'd actually say Geitz or Wade is the best.

There is no best Shaman, although most would agree its Canas.

Swordmaster? How could you not think at ALL that Rutgar > Joshua?

Wade... best fighter? lolno

Blargh typo. Meant Lott. Although then again he only played the GBA games.

I'm aware the best Warrior is probably Dagda but he's only played FE6-11, so...

Ah fuck I forgot FE9 Boyd.

EDIT: That and Edward has lolWind affinity so even if he'd give somebody HEAD for a support, they wouldn't want him.

Edward

Iron Sword, Vulnerary

Light

Sword D

Wrath, Critical +5, Shove

Boyd is obviously better. I think he's the only warrior ever to get into Top Tier.

Oh, you realised your omission. Sorry!

Edited by Anouleth

Which is why you either

A: were playing on easy mode

B: gave Soren large amounts of favoritism or

C: got really lucky

because Soren starts slower than most enemies, and has around the same speed growth as generic enemies.

Also, Soren loses Adept because aside from Mist,Rhys, and Rolf, he's the worst person on the team to give it to.

Probably easy mode then, because I'm definitely not a Soren fan, and I really only seem to get lucky with characters I like. ._.

That and he has terrible bases and really, bases > growths 95% of the time.

Don't believe me? Look at characters like Pent, Echidna, Dieck, Harken, Percival, Dagda, Seth, Duessel, Titania, Volug, Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight...

And then look at characters like Nino, Sofiya, Est, Miranda, Ziess, Edward, Corpul, etc.

Um, how do you think Gandalf got from Gray to White? He grew. A lot. And since Gandalf the Grey is probably already extremely high leveled Gandalf doesn't get to "level up" very often. So it's probably analogous to him getting one level and suddenly becoming Gandalf the White. Seems like he has pretty awesome growths to me.

(well, there may be a couple of flaws in that statement, but whatever)

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Gandalf the White is pretty amazing for Restore; without him you can't recruit Theoden. Granted, he'll die anyway later on, but he's still useful nonetheless for his Silver Sword.

Not to mention Gandalf's incredibly high MAG and SPD bases, coupled with Udin and his amazing promotion bonuses, he can solo The Black Gates.

Um, how do you think Gandalf got from Gray to White? He grew. A lot. And since Gandalf the Grey is probably already extremely high leveled Gandalf doesn't get to "level up" very often. So it's probably analogous to him getting one level and suddenly becoming Gandalf the White. Seems like he has pretty awesome growths to me.

(well, there may be a couple of flaws in that statement, but whatever)

I think of it more as a class change.

Gandalf

Grey Pilgrim (M) -> White Wizard (M)

+4HP

+1STR

+3MAG

+2SKL

+1SPD

+0LUK

+1DEF

+3RES

+3MOV

Light Magic gets +60 WEXP, Swords and Staffs get +30WEXP each.

Counts as a mounted unit from now on.

And Gandalf is over 3000 years old. Even with Jeigan-style growths, you'd expect him to have good stats by this point, especially when Wizards probably have awesome bases to begin with.

You guys are seriously underestimating his use. Yes, he dies by Moria, but then he comes back in full force with tons of helpful shit to do; recruits many people, even BEFORE he dies, helps WTFRAPE at Helm's Deep with Eomer, can solo Minas Tirith, and without his help at the Black Gates, that chapter would be 10x harder.

Hell, the only character better than him is Sam.

You guys are seriously underestimating his use. Yes, he dies by Moria, but then he comes back in full force with tons of helpful shit to do; recruits many people, even BEFORE he dies, helps WTFRAPE at Helm's Deep with Eomer, can solo Minas Tirith, and without his help at the Black Gates, that chapter would be 10x harder.

Hell, the only character better than him is Sam.

After all, you're going to have a nightmare of a time against that giant spider without him. Heck, he practically solos the entire Mordor arc of the story and can afford to give all his healing items to Frodo to keep him alive for the final battle against Gollum.

Problem is you need to raise Sam's sword rank drastically from E in time to use Sting. Also, he's tanky, yeah, but look at that Speed...he's gonna be doubled, a lot.

By lategame, Sam's pretty much OHKOing everything since Sting is so absurdly powerful (12mt, effective against damn near everything in the game, infinite uses). And Orcs have awful speed anyway, so Sam's only getting doubled by a handful of bosses. And he gets like +5DEF from his Frodo support anyway (which he's pretty much guaranteed to get). It's not like Frodo wants to support anyone else (lolBilbo, lolFaramir).

GUYS. GUYS. GUYS.

Somebody hack this masterpiece.

And Bilbo is lulz anyway and only available in Trial Maps. ROFL 7 base DEF for a promoted Hobbit Rogue. And he's 20/18 with a 25% growth so yeah he'll take hits like a bitch.

And Faramir has Wind which doesn't really help Frodo except maybe the AVO bonus. But then again, Faramir is usually stuck to 2-range since his bow rank is THAT valuable.

Can't Frodo also support Aragorn's Earth affinity? THAT is insanely useful for a Hobbit since their DEF is usually so low.

In fact, I think there is a Tier List somewhere that even includes Trial Characters.

NEEDLESS TO SAY WHO IS AT THE TOP. But if you are THAT dense:

WTF Tier:

Gimli

Top Tier:

Tom Bombadil

Sauron

Gandalf

High Tier:

Isildur

Sam

Glorfindel

Aragorn

Gamling

Mid Tier:

Theoden

Mouth of Sauron

Eomer

Faramir

Treebeard

Frodo

Hama

Boromir

Grimbold

Legolas

Witch King

Haldir

Erkenbrand

Eowyn

Low Tier:

Pippin

Merry

Saruman

Arwen

Elrond

Shelob

Celeborn

Bottom Tier:

Gollum

Wormtongue

Bilbo Tier:

Bilbo

I think that is everyone.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew

I'm just gonna post a few because the list is WAAAY too long for me to type it out.

Paladin - Aless

Hero - Lex!Skasaha

Swordmaster - Shanan

Master Knight - Leaf

Sage - Yuria (nARGA yOU'VE rUINED eVERYTHING yET aGAIN)

Dark Mage - Canas

General - FE9 Brom

Sniper - Brigid or FE10 Shinon

Mage Knight - Levin!Arthur

Valkyrie - FE4Inflation!Ethlin

Pegasus Knight - Florina

Wyvern Knight - Altenna or Haar

Bishop/High Priest - Claude

Bow Knight/Nomad - FE4Inflation!Midir!Lester

Lord - Sigurd

The amount of these that are from FE4 is absurd.

Edited by CamCam

GUYS. GUYS. GUYS.

Somebody hack this masterpiece.

And Bilbo is lulz anyway and only available in Trial Maps. ROFL 7 base DEF for a promoted Hobbit Rogue. And he's 20/18 with a 25% growth so yeah he'll take hits like a bitch.

And Faramir has Wind which doesn't really help Frodo except maybe the AVO bonus. But then again, Faramir is usually stuck to 2-range since his bow rank is THAT valuable.

Can't Frodo also support Aragorn's Earth affinity? THAT is insanely useful for a Hobbit since their DEF is usually so low.

In fact, I think there is a Tier List somewhere that even includes Trial Characters.

NEEDLESS TO SAY WHO IS AT THE TOP. But if you are THAT dense:

WTF Tier:

Gimli

Top Tier:

Tom Bombadil

Sauron

Gandalf

High Tier:

Isildur

Sam

Glorfindel

Aragorn

Gamling

Mid Tier:

Theoden

Mouth of Sauron

Eomer

Faramir

Treebeard

Frodo

Hama

Boromir

Grimbold

Legolas

Witch King

Haldir

Erkenbrand

Eowyn

Low Tier:

Pippin

Merry

Saruman

Arwen

Elrond

Shelob

Celeborn

Bottom Tier:

Gollum

Wormtongue

Bilbo Tier:

Bilbo

I think that is everyone.

But what about the Scouring of the Shire? Granted it's only like level five Brigands and Archers, but if you have a weak Pippin or Merry it'll be hell to get through to Sharkey before all your hobbit NPCs die. Merry needs to be able to finish off the Lich King as well.

Glorfindel has good bases, considering he's a 20/16, but he ain't going anywhere after that.

Going B route (movie route) in Rohan to get the elves at Helm's Deep, anyone tried for a LegolasXHaldir support? Granted if you go the book route it's pretty much useless. To go the movie route you need to get at least 5 characters promoted.

Anyway, I'd argue Hama should go Low Tier at highest, he'll be constantly doubled, only has B Spears at 15/0, and has bad growths except for Strength and Luck.

Edited by The Ferret Whisperer