What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

gbH9QTC.png

My most recent marathon was Angel Beats, but my favorite and thus the one I recommend, is probably Nisekoi. (Log Horizon is epic too, stop comparing it to SAO already! SAO's second arc is a joke!)

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only comparison one can make between Log Horizon and Sword Art Online is the MMO setting. The executions are completely different.

And Log Horizon is way better. Not that that says much.

Oh, uh, I'm watching all of this. Picked up a lot this season for some reason.

Digimon Frontier completed! Trully amazing, that is :awesome:

Also, late reply:

Well, isn't that the case with most of other seasons? There's a few protagonists and the rest are side characters.

I liked the new approach of they took with Frontier. Overall, I enjoyed Frontier.

While it's true that most seasons get overcentered in main characters, Frontier had a far more huge gap between main and side chars. The 4 kids just gave Takuya and Koji their DigiSpirits for 15 Episodes and "got benched" while the other two had a bunch of battles from that point onwards. I don't recall exactly of Adventures but in Tamers, Henry, Rika and Ryo definately made much more than Frontier's side chars. That'd be the weak point I'd see on it.

Though, its apocalyptic and dark approach was ok but there were so many tragedies along the kids that I was touched much more than the kids themeselves, specially when Koichi's DigiCode is stolen and it's suspected that he'd be death in the Real World, but instead they raged and pwned Lucemon, so, uh, yeah.

Now rewatching Adventure 01

gbH9QTC.png

My most recent marathon was Angel Beats, but my favorite and thus the one I recommend, is probably Nisekoi. (Log Horizon is epic too, stop comparing it to SAO already! SAO's second arc is a joke!)

This makes me feel bad about the size of my anime folder. ;_;

Nisekoi and Angel Beats are both on my backlog, I'll try to watch them in the next week.

The only comparison one can make between Log Horizon and Sword Art Online is the MMO setting. The executions are completely different.

And Log Horizon is way better. Not that that says much.

Oh, uh, I'm watching all of this. Picked up a lot this season for some reason.

No SAO S2? I'm disappointed.

Have you considered watching Barakamon? You could give it a try.

No SAO S2? I'm disappointed.

Have you considered watching Barakamon? You could give it a try.

Find my score for SAO S1 and you'll see why.

I have considered it, but I've been too tired of slice-of-life series lately.

Find my score for SAO S1 and you'll see why.

I have considered it, but I've been too tired of slice-of-life series lately.

That's exactly the reason why I watch it. I have to know why it's bad - and I enjoy shittalking about it.

So I found the sao "movie".

I feel queasy after watching it.

The harem characters took a shit on Suguha for digging her stepbrother, after fondling her for a while. Oh and they spent like 45 minutes fawnig over Kirito while in a swimming pool, while Kirito...well actually, I guess he was tolerable in this, in the sense that he himself was essentially making a testimony for a trial.

Edited by Sara.

That's exactly the reason why I watch it. I have to know why it's bad - and I enjoy shittalking about it.

You're only causing yourself pain watching that show. Don't even bother to try shittalking it. Fans will defend every inch to no end.

Stahp talking about SAO, please. That gave me cancer

You're only causing yourself pain watching that show. Don't even bother to try shittalking it. Fans will defend every inch to no end.

I myself at least am a guy who has to finish what he started, so I'll endure this horrible ride. And besides, shittalking with friends is indeed fun. As for fans, I don't bother talking to them, since we'd clearly disagree anyways (and to be frank, a lot of the SAO fans only like it because they haven't seen anything else yet)

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Double posting is bad, Mayora.

Here I thought this arc would be lighter. Alluka freaked me out more than once in this episode.

Upps, sorry. I am used to the rules of FFtF, so I forgot that it isn't allowed here.

Well, the chimera ants arc was still far darker. I've read the manga, so I knew what was about to come anyways. Although I have to say that I don't like Alluka's role in the story, since she is a plot device. HxH is still awesome though

About HxH 2011

Is Kite dead?

I assume you've reached episode 138. In a way, he is dead. What you are seeing is a reincarnated version of him, born from the chimera ant queen, with Kite's memories. It is the most annoying moment of the series, since it makes Gon's developments less meaningful

About HxH 2011

Is Kite dead?

Yeah, he's been dead for a while now. Though I suppose much of the time he was dead we weren't really sure if he was dead or not.

Only he's not completely dead, since he's been reincarnated as an ant.

(Ok, I screwed up the quote thingy somehow)

[spoiler=......]

lr7dY6H.png

Which thus earns me my nickname.

So I found the sao "movie".

I feel queasy after watching it.

The harem characters took a shit on Suguha for digging her stepbrother, after fondling her for a while. Oh and they spent like 45 minutes fawnig over Kirito while in a swimming pool, while Kirito...well actually, I guess he was tolerable in this, in the sense that he himself was essentially making a testimony for a trial.

Yeah, pretty much. In a very mathematical equation, it leads to this:

SAO Arc 1: 90% Action / 10% (Ugh!) Romance

Arc 2/Anything else before Season 2 (Extra Edition): 10% Action / 90% Romance/Ecchi/... that stuff.

Season 2/Arc 3: Mostly detective stuff. But better then arc 2/extra edition. LOTS better.

Oh, and anyone here(except Hoshi no Sora) watch Shiki?

[EDIT] I hate 10 gb broadband limits. And library lag. (Needs cash for higher broadband limits... and maybe some DvDs...)

Edited by NoCashOtaku

(Ok, I screwed up the quote thingy somehow)

[spoiler=......]

lr7dY6H.png

Which thus earns me my nickname.

Pft.

wvrwo7y.png

Disclaimer: I buy plenty. A lot of that folder is either archives or stuff not really available otherwise. Or shit that shouldn't ever be paid for.

While it's true that most seasons get overcentered in main characters, Frontier had a far more huge gap between main and side chars. The 4 kids just gave Takuya and Koji their DigiSpirits for 15 Episodes and "got benched" while the other two had a bunch of battles from that point onwards.

Yeah, I didn't like that part. I feel like Koji got the short end of the stick with his attacks. His stuff just breaks down and is left with his light saber and his light canon thing on his hand.

I don't recall exactly of Adventures but in Tamers, Henry, Rika and Ryo definately made much more than Frontier's side chars. That'd be the weak point I'd see on it.

I had to look up Ryo to refresh my memories. lol Tamers had 3 main characters and did a good job balancing them starting out. But, I feel like towards the end of any Digimon season, it always shifts attention to one protagonist. But Tamers's ending was balanced in its own way.

Has anyone here watched Rainbow? Someone asked me to watch it, but I just dunno.

I have. It's alright. It has a tendency to take itself too seriously and doesn't always earn its emotional moments.

Digimon Frontier wasn't much of a fan favourite but I must say that I found it really enjoyable.

Especially the Beast Spirit evolution transformations.

Uh, Watamote and DeSu 2. Lucky Star and Code Geass will be continued after I finish these two. And then either FMA or The Devil Is a Part-Timer! because my brother asked me to.

Edited by Konnor97