What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mayo Chiki XD

Anyone have any reccomendations for a good comedy that doesn't spew fanservice?

I don't know if it can be called a comedy but FLCL popped into my head as something goofy (also action and "romance") that anyone should see if it hasn't been seen. Of course, it's so obvious you've doubtless already seen it...unless you're a younger generation of anime fan.

I don't know if it can be called a comedy but FLCL popped into my head as something goofy (also action and "romance") that anyone should see if it hasn't been seen. Of course, it's so obvious you've doubtless already seen it...unless you're a younger generation of anime fan.

I saw the dubbed version on adult swim when I was just starting to watch anime, but I stopped watching it. :(:. I'll give it another try. Any others?

Anyone have any reccomendations for a good comedy that doesn't spew fanservice?

Clannad

School Rumble

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Maria†Holic and Maria†Holic Alive

3 seasons of Minami-ke (though some of it may considered fanservice)

Seitokai Yakuindomo

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Hetalia, very funny satire about the world's countries, mostly during WWII. They're five minute episodes but they're really funny; some of the jokes you'd have to be a historian or japanese to get but there are still plenty of jokes you would get no matter where your from.

I'm currently watching Wangan Midnight; I never thought that cars would be this interesting and intense. The Japanese make everything so intense.

Hetalia, very funny satire about the world's countries, mostly during WWII. They're five minute episodes but they're really funny; some of the jokes you'd have to be a historian or japanese to get but there are still plenty of jokes you would get no matter where your from.

Clearly I would watch Hetalia if I didn't want to avoid illegal stuff :( It sounds really cool, I thought it was more modern day but WWII I think I would understand and follow effectively.

Thanks for the recc, I'll keep it in the back of my head.

Clearly I would watch Hetalia if I didn't want to avoid illegal stuff :( It sounds really cool, I thought it was more modern day but WWII I think I would understand and follow effectively.

Thanks for the recc, I'll keep it in the back of my head.

If you have netflix streaming you could watch it on that.

Clannad

School Rumble

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Seitokai Yakuindomo

Maybe I'm misremembering, but how is Mariaholic not fanservice?

Definitely agree on School Rumble and Clannad.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but how is Mariaholic not fanservice?

Well, I guess it has some, but it most definitely does not "spew fanservice." You can't even call it ecchi, it just has some sexual humor.

Clannad

School Rumble

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

Seitokai Yakuindomo

I've seen Seitokai and the Melancholy of Haruhi, and I loved them both. I decided to check out Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and it's pretty funny, thanks. :lol:

Currently watching Medabots. I remembered that I used to like it as a young teen, so I thought I'd give it another go, just to recap my memory. It's pretty good, imho.

Eh...how about lucky star? It's not ecchi and very funny!

I never watched too far into it. But the first episode left the impression of randomness that goes no where. And you have the h-game girl lol

I was recently watching "Pani Pony Dash". I forgot where I left off though. Some things are better watched than read, and I think this is one of those. Not implying it is bad, but rather the humor is more humor is a bit more captivating than when read.

Edited by Nyx

Then...how about Seto no hanayome? A tale about a young student and a...deliquent mermaid sounds nice, right?

And I advise you to watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica, it's very very funny, it also has a good plot and what's more, absolutely no ecchi! It's a must watch if you are into comedy.

Madoka...?

Er... Pay no attention to him. It's actually a somewhat serious anime and stuff. >_>

I've been watching Nichijou with my little brother lately. Very amusing anime.

I was also watching Mayo Chiki but... Goddamn is that ojou-sama girl annoying as all hell.

Madoka...?

Er... Pay no attention to him. It's actually a somewhat serious anime and stuff. >_>

What are you talking about? Madoka is clearly a light-hearted and funny show about cute girls who get awesome magical powers. You can tell just by looking at it.

Right?

That's not to say it's bad, though, because it's amazing. Seriously, one of my top favorites. I'd recommend it to almost anyone, no matter how girly they might see it at first.

Eh, no desire to watch Madoka. I'm fine with some dark, but it's overly so for my tastes. Prefer Nanoha to that, personally.

Nanoha, dark? I've only seen the first season but, God, that was so cheesy. And sometimes it was embarrassing to watch just because of how (for lack of a better term) "anime" the style is.

Madoka is dark is what I was saying. I was saying Nanoha was lighter than that. And the first season of Nanoha is usually considered the lowpoint, but I like the "cheesy" as you think of it.

Oh, sorry. I read your post as "Prefer Nanoha for that." My mistake.

I was able to enjoy the first season in the latter half, at least. The stuff revolving around Fate also wasn't completely predictable, which I give it credit for. In the end I just had a hard time with how cutesy it could be. And with the fact that a mother would let her 3rd grade daughter leave for an unknown amount of time for something that was supposed to be dangerous.