New Pokemon game for 2010

VincentASM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want is for them to make pokemon caught more dynamic and unique than in previous games. Take that, and improve breeding odds on just about everything, and I'd take that over. . . probably new pokemon and just about anything.

You know. Height/size/build. Intelligence. Weight. I don't care if I can catch a bad pokemon because of those features. It wouldn't bother me if those were tiny modifiers that I couldn't change that make brash generalizations. Or if they could be modified with time. To ease the grind.

Make the game harder, and make the catchable monster pool larger throughout the game, and that would make the game a lot more enjoyable.

I mean, if I had my way, I'd love to see a Microsoft-Nintendo-Bioware/Bethesda do a pokemon game where the game is built more western RPG. It could be a brilliant PC game if done right, that with online would probably sell crazy and make bank, even if they essentially only remade Red/Blue to do it and the catchable cast was limited to the first 151 minus legendaries.

But wanting that makes me the crazy one, apparently.

For what it's worth, it's obvious I'll buy this game. But anything short of filling out what's left to fill out will be disappointing. I mean, you found the essential poke-god. The Legendaries should be his two strongest creations(physical and special) for the covers. Elemental Dragons. Most remaining type combos - Most remaining second evolutions. And difficulty should be a must at this point. At least make a hard mode with smart movesets, extra monsters, use of the IV and EV system on trainer monsters, and a gradual level increase if you want a kid friendly game as well.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

However, I think they only remade the 1st gen games because they could be greatly improved with the then current graphics, Pokemon, movesets, etc..

Or perhaps it was because you couldn't catch most of the original 151 pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire?

Or perhaps it was because you couldn't catch most of the original 151 pokemon in Ruby/Sapphire?

This, though it wasn't only Pokemon from the original 151 that were reintroduced in FR and LG. Each game provides unique access to a lot of Pokemon among the games it's compatible with, that's always been a big selling point. Remakes of popular games never do well relatively speaking unless they offer a good amount of unique content in addition.

wow, I never thought of that. it would still be nice for Wii to have at least one good Pokemon game

Battle Revolution, and Pokemon Rumble.

A 5th Gen? Cool. Sadly Pokemon has the same problem as most games spanning on multiple generations: power creep.

Look at MTG. 3/3 for 3CC were considered awesome before. Now there's 4/5s for 3CC. Rofl.

Look at Yugioh. Remember Legend of Blue-Eyes with Gaia the Fierce Knight and Spike Seadra at rare or higher? Now try to print stuff like that and there will be blood spilled.

Pokemon has the same problems IMO. Other than the Legendaries (and then only Mewtwo and Zapdos were considered good last time I checked, which has quite some time ago), most of 1st Gen stuff now is crap. Heck, they even needed to give Magneton (who wasn't bad in 1st/2nd Gen) a new evolution just to make people use him...

On the other hand, I'm no battling expert either...

Also, I dislike the fact that the newer Pokes look more and more like real-life animals. I see enough animals in my classes.

Two new Pokemanz. You guys determine if this is real or fake. I'm pretty sure they're real.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7638/12651555870935925535.jpg

RfE: This site doesn't minimize pics? D:

While we're kinda on that subject, I like R/B/Y and G/S/C more than the third and fourth gens. I like the remakes of those games better than the originals, though. New soundtracks, more pokemon, new, new, new. I love it. I like the fact there's more Pokemon because it gives me a lot of variety. I don't care about "Catching them all." At all. I can always cheat for that (I don't play online, so :P).

RfE: SCAN IS FAKE.

Edited by Big Boss

Two new Pokemanz. You guys determine if this is real or fake. I'm pretty sure they're real.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7638/12651555870935925535.jpg

RfE: This site doesn't minimize pics? D:

While we're kinda on that subject, I like R/B/Y and G/S/C more than the third and fourth gens. I like the remakes of those games better than the originals, though. New soundtracks, more pokemon, new, new, new. I love it. I like the fact there's more Pokemon because it gives me a lot of variety. I don't care about "Catching them all." At all. I can always cheat for that (I don't play online, so :P).

Ohhh lookie. A new evolution for Delibird and Farfetch'd. See my previous post for my opinion on that.

That would kill the point of Pokemon, though. Pokemon= Pocket Monsters, not Home-Console Monsters.

Then just make a new spin-off called HoCoMon.

Anyways, I really don't know what to think. The 4th gen is not even that old.

http://img109.images...70935925535.jpg

I-I-I want to say that's fake. But it looks real, which makes me think it's real. I'm tearing up...

Where did you find the picture? I'm thinking they're fake, because typically pics of the actual magazine are leaked first, rather than clean scans.

Edited by Saloma

Those pokemon need new evolutions, but it's fake. Look at the battle screen shot. It features some background tears which scream photoshop. Kind of sad they put that much effort into fakes though. If I were Game Freaks, I'd at least take the hint and drop evolutions for those two pokemon. I think, technically, they could use these if they wanted, but that's just a bad idea.

And as far as Magneton goes in pokemon battles, he was a high tier pokemon until 4th gen when he evolved. Electric/Steel with Levitate says it all.

But that's why I'm hoping a Dragon/Fire with levitate comes along. And a Dragon trio would make that easy.

Then just make a new spin-off called HoCoMon.

Anyways, I really don't know what to think. The 4th gen is not even that old.

Diamond and Pearl were released in Japan four years ago. The gap between third and fourth gen in the United States was four years.

About time Farfetch'd had an evolution. I was beginning to wonder if he would ever receive an evolution stage. Here it is.

Also, on the topic of it being too soon for the 5th gen, let's take a look at the initial release dates of all the main title generations:

(Dates taken from Wikipedia):

Red & Blue: February 27, 1996

Gold & Silver: November 21, 1999 (+ 3 years 9 months)

Ruby & Sapphire: November 21, 2002 (+ 3 years)

Diamond & Pearl: September 28, 2006 (+ 3 years 10 months)

5th generation: ~2010 (+ between 3 years 4 months to 4 years 3 months)

I'd say it's not too early, it's just that the years feel like they are flying by faster as we age.

Edited by Razgriz

Diamond and Pearl were released in Japan four years ago. The gap between third and fourth gen in the United States was four years.

This post makes me feel old. Still, I have my doubts that the game will improve the pokemon games, so I have my issues with it as anyone who sees a sequel should.

And that picture is a fake. Not only is it a bit too early in general(as any magazine that would feature that comes out towards the middle of the month), but the battle scene isn't accurate.

The scan is indeed fake. The version posted here is cropped from the original: http://i49.tinypic.com/2d9e39u.jpg take a look at the copyright on the bottom.

edit: why do I keep making it plural, there's only one scan >_>

This is what I was going to say. Sorry for bringing you guys a fake scan. I thought it was real too.

Sucks. I kind of liked the Delibird.

And also... they would always show the two new trainers and the new starters first as far as I'm concerned. But dayum, that was pretty quick in making a fake!

Doesn't mean he won't get an evolution. I'd say it's an odd generation, which traditionally hasn't given many if any evos to older generations but this isn't a valid sample size.

Chances are, this was made for the new year in general and they got lucky with this.

As for showing the starters first, that's a terrible choice if they go traditional.They won't show the evolutions, so what's to gain? The only one with a chance at defining it's type is the fire pokemon.

Every gen they've shown somewhat obscure, non-important pokemon first. With Gen II it was Togepi, Marill and Snubbul, with Gen III it was Kecleon and Wynaut, gen IV had munchlax and Lucario. The starters are generally saved right until release.

On top of that, there were only three years separating RBY from GSC and GSC from RSE. This generation has actually lasted longer than most. Same with the DS itself.

For those who are wondering about it being on the same system, GS were playable on the original GB.

I think the thing throwing everyone off is that HG/SS still hasn't been released in English, and now we're talking about an entirely new gen. If the games had been released a year ago, we'd all feel the time was right now.