New Pokemon game for 2010

VincentASM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beleive it or not, Pikachu doesn't even have a second official art from one game. Lucario doesn't, Marill doesn't, Lugia doesn't, etc. etc. etc.

I'm sure one will probably come out more official than the other, and there's a large chance it won't come up in the game. But it's an outstanding piece of information.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

What the shit? Thats crazy!

They are good though...

I kinda look forward to GS/SS and the 5th generation. I've grown out of the story long ago, but I play it due to my sense of nostalgy.

G/S/C was great, and I loved to play it (especially Crystal), but somehow Ruby was my favo among them all. I wasted over 650 hours on it, but it was fun. I guess I'd even buy a remake of it. (Also I think that Crystal will get a remake too. It differed from G/S in some ways and was more fun. Maybe it will be... Shining Crystal?)

I kinda look forward to GS/SS and the 5th generation. I've grown out of the story long ago, but I play it due to my sense of nostalgy.

G/S/C was great, and I loved to play it (especially Crystal), but somehow Ruby was my favo among them all. I wasted over 650 hours on it, but it was fun. I guess I'd even buy a remake of it. (Also I think that Crystal will get a remake too. It differed from G/S in some ways and was more fun. Maybe it will be... Shining Crystal?)

I loved Crystal. I always played as the girl no matter what, because she was the first one ever.

Crystal won't get a remake. They included both the gameplay changes and story changes that Crystal made into the remakes of Gold/Silver.

Lord.

They know it's fake also hence why someone said;

We can't determine if it's [real or fake without confirmation]

Figure on the left is a first

Looks like a new type

[The one on the right is strange]

It doesn't have a body but it has a heart, head, and limbs.

_________

Don't like the trainers

Don't like the starters. Seriously, when you make Pokemon, don't just make some completely random monster- there's a specific 'look' that Pokemon have to it, and that's not it.

Those screenshots just emit a load of bullshit from them.

The Professor sucks but I like the rival. <3

Cutesy-dutesy hair! :D

More obviously Platinum screenshots. Is that a blue Deoxys up there?

Hurrrmmm... a Pokephone?

The antags are nice I suppose; but I don't like those Pokemon.

And the 'scan' has already been seen.

Better luck next time, Chinese~

I have an idea on starters.

There should be a tiger starter (Fire/Dark), a frog starter (Water/Poison), and a tree rhino starter (Grass/Ground)

I even came up with their evolutions and names.

But back on topic, I guess I'd look foward to Gen5 if they kept legendaries down to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6.

I think the franchise needs to drop some pokemon and come up with new ones.

There should be a tiger starter (Fire/Dark), a frog starter (Water/Poison), and a tree rhino starter (Grass/Ground)

But back on topic, I guess I'd look foward to Gen5 if they kept legendaries down to a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6.

Let me say that all this assumes that the game will be on the current DS and not some 'DS 2' assuming the DS 2 doesn't have vastly improved graphics or a different cartridge.

7 Legendaries isn't a bad number, really. Trio, trio for the titles, Leader/likely antagonist for Arcerus. And of course, that's a solid number for 100. At gen 5, I think they should do themselves a favor and work towards 158 - because really, 651 is a much cooler number after 5 generations, 15ish years, and starting with 151.

It's not quite about dropping pokemon, but if they're going to keep expanding, they need to eventally sit down and realize that they should reset certain aspects that may not make much sense after another generation or two. Like Acerus, the god, being number 493 of 600+.

As for the starters, Fire/Water, Grass/Fire, Water/Grass. Two new type combinations.

Yeah, don't expect much less than a month between each announcement. Famitsu and Shonen Jump HAVE released pokemon info before, but since all his early news will be related mostly to the movie, expect most, if not all of the info to come from Coro Coro until around May or June when the movie is about to come out, E3 will have happened and any possible DS2 info will be dealt with, and and the pokemon shown in the movie will have been dealt out.

Though after some quick glances at the DPP time frame, perhaps they will start earlier than they did that time. I quite underrated the wait between the first revealed pokemon and Lucario, and then Lucario and the actual games. Lucario was revealed in March of 05, only for the games to be released September of 06. Yikes.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

7 Legendaries isn't a bad number, really. Trio, trio for the titles, Leader/likely antagonist for Arcerus. And of course, that's a solid number for 100. At gen 5, I think they should do themselves a favor and work towards 158 - because really, 651 is a much cooler number after 5 generations, 15ish years, and starting with 151.

I'd say 173 would be a pretty good number to add. Let's see, with 793 existing already, adding in 173 brings us to 666 Pokemon. Sounds pretty good to me.

Edited by Ksemanr

I hope there won't be a "DS2" or whatever anytime soon X__X I'm already mad about the DSiXL or whatever the hell it's called.

Those starters are fugly. (just saying, who ever thought of those...ugh)

They could go with a different magic triangle this time. I don't remember all of them but Ice/Flying/Fighting is one of them.

I hope there won't be a "DS2" or whatever anytime soon X__X I'm already mad about the DSiXL or whatever the hell it's called.

Those starters are fugly. (just saying, who ever thought of those...ugh)

This November will be the DS's 6th birthday. We're due for a new system.

They could go with a different magic triangle this time. I don't remember all of them but Ice/Flying/Fighting is one of them.

This November will be the DS's 6th birthday. We're due for a new system.

Then it better still be able to play DS games >__< although I highly doubt the next one wouldn't :P

Evolutions for Pinsir and Gastro would be so broken

If Pinsir were to get an evo, it'd get 15-25 base points max(maybe none, ala Scizor and Scyther, the latter finally becoming a top tier poke), with the intent of messing with it largely to rearrange it's bases and consider it for another type. Keep in mind, if not for bland typing, Fearow is also pretty powerful second stage pokemon, Absol is decent, and Houndoom is a decent moveset from being ignored in OU because of stealth rock.

Then it better still be able to play DS games >__< although I highly doubt the next one wouldn't :P

It probably will, what I'm saying is that there's a lot of talk of simultaneous release. It doesn't match up, mind you, as rumors state that the pokemon company received an early model recently, hardly inline for a 2010 date, even if it was November. And as a release title, something so text heavy won't work for something so likely to receive a world wide release. But if there is a DS2, it honestly does effect how they should handle the design of the game.

If you want a big example, think Gen 3 vs. Gen 2. You know what they had planned for Gen 3? Maybe 8 pokemon, maybe 5 move slots, maybe access to more gametime. But they got to make it for the game boy advance. So instead they took a stab at actually tossing pokemon out - Kept a fail safe, with the pokemon on the card, but made them inaccessible except through trade.

DSi killed Gen 3 - Without the ability to save pokemon to a server or card, the DS2 likely would kill Gen 4.

I am -SO- glad I skipped the DSi. It seemed like a much deal to invest in an R4 to listen to my music on the go. Much cheaper, plus I didn't have to convert all of my music to AAC. (Popular format detection fail.)

Honestly, I think it's still too soon for them to cut off the Gen 4 support. There's almost no way I could see them making Gen 5 work on a new system and -only- a new system. Depending on how the new hardware is designed, I could see something like what happened with the Gameboy Color for Gen. 2: You -can- play it on an original Game Boy, but the game is enhanced when played on newer hardware. (Or at least that's how I remember it being.)