New Pokemon game for 2010

VincentASM

Official Japanese site

Not much details are known, but it's a completely new RPG and for the DS. I don't think the page explicitly mentions that it's the successor to Diamond/Pearl, but it does make many comparisons to other main titles (including D/P) and states that it will include new Pokemon. Many Japanese gaming sites seem to believe it a new main title.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly sure it's the 5th Generation.

Which probably means that once Ash in the anime gets his badges and shit, they'll make another new anime?

Already some speculation that the 13th movie will have a new Pokemon in it. Hopefully they don't all suck. >_>

I quite liked them all, although the 2nd gen was my favourite. I can't really wait to see what new Pokemon will be brought in. Although, the 4th gen did have way too many legendary and uber Pokemon for my liking.

I quite liked them all, although the 2nd gen was my favourite. I can't really wait to see what new Pokemon will be brought in. Although, the 4th gen did have way too many legendary and uber Pokemon for my liking.

Yes. That was cool and annoying at the same time.

I did like the second Gen, HG & SS are going to be fun! :)

Yes. That was cool and annoying at the same time.

I did like the second Gen, HG & SS are going to be fun! :)

Don't you love it. They designed the G/S cartridges to last about 10 years (internal power supply issues). Now that the 10 years are up, we get a remake. Don't you just love how Nintendo is making us all go out and spend ~35 dollars to be able to play more or less the same game that we already have? Pardon my cynicism, but I'm an econ major and that's how we're trained to think.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Don't you love it. They designed the G/S cartridges to last about 10 years (internal power supply issues). Now that the 10 years are up, we get a remake. Don't you just love how Nintendo is making us all go out and spend ~35 dollars to be able to play more or less the same game that we already have? Pardon my cynicism, but I'm an econ major and that's how we're trained to think.

I disagree, since every battery runs out eventually, unless charged.

When they made Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, this opened the door for Pokemon fans to start demanding a remake of their favourite games Gold and Silver. The demand was so great, it was amazing they didn't do it sooner.

O = Original

E = Extension

R = Remake

O1 - Blue/Green

O1 - Red

E1 - Yellow

O2 - Gold

O2 - Silver

E2 - Crystal

O3 - Ruby

O3 - Sapphire

R1 - LeafGreen

R1 - FireRed

E3 - Emerald

O4 - Diamond

O4 - Pearl

E4 - Platinum

R2 - HeartGold

R2 - SoulSilver

Looking at that actually makes me think just how far they will take it. By the time it gets to remaking Diamond and Pearl, will they be using consoles for the main adventures instead of handhelds? I think that's what the next best thing is after a Gold and Silver remake.

However, I think they only remade the 1st gen games because they could be greatly improved with the then current graphics, Pokemon, movesets, etc.. Gold and Silver didn't really need an update, since it was the major step up leading to current Pokemon games... But the demand was so great, how was Nintendo to avoid it? I don't think the remaking trend will continue. Who really wants a remake of Ruby and Sapphire? Who would buy it if they did remake them?

I've loved every Pokemon game I've played so far, and I am confident I will continue to do so.

I really think its nostalgia that has people thinking the older games were so much better. For me I just see it as a constant expansion of options.

And honestly, every generation they tend to come up with quite a few more gameplay innovations than just more Pokemon. They're constantly improving.

I forsee a new region with a drastically different mechanic, just for the sake of being drastic. But eh, it's pokemon, they've never disappointed before.

Lavender, Goldenrod, and Mentha would be my arbitrary guess.

If this is a new generation and it's little different from its predecessors, then most probably I won't buy it. I've played more of Crystal in the past few months than I have of Soul Silver. I now somewhat regret having bothered to import it. Irrespective of what anyone might want to argue, I personally feel I've been investing in the same game multiple times over the past ten years. If my interest has yet to wane sufficiently enough to stop my occasionally delving into the series altogether, I'll just keep the iterations I already have.

Edit: If this really is the beginning of the next generation, I hope the developers speed up the battle system. Even with animations turned off, the third and fourth generation games have been, thanks especially to mechanics such as weather effects, though the battle engine as a whole is also at fair fault, irksomely slow.

Edited by Wist

I really think its nostalgia that has people thinking the older games were so much better. For me I just see it as a constant expansion of options.

Possibly a touch of elitism as well, depending on how they say it. My personal favorite gen was the 3rd, so I don't think I qualify (And yes, I've been playing since the 1st).

Anyway, I'm excited, though for some reason this feels early to me. I guess I didn't realize how long it's been since Diamond and Pearl were released. The only problem now is coming up with new creature designs that don't look totally weird or unoriginal.

Bzzzt, that ain't why they're making these. DSi axed backwards compatibility with GBA games, thus making it impossible for DSi owners to be able to complete the National Pokedex. With SoulSilver and HeartGold, DSi owners will be able to obtain the monsters that were formerly only obtainable through the Pal Park, in addition to the monsters who would appear depending on the cartridge plugged into the second slot. These games exist only to compensate for the loss of the DSi's second slot.

ugh, DS again? they have enough games already. the Wii needs some better Pokemon games

1st gen was awesome, 2nd was the best for fixing 1's flaws, best part of G/S was going to Kanto after beating the Pokemon League. 2 regions in 1 game!

3rd was ok, haven't played 4th gen yet

Edited by KSFF2150