New Pokemon game for 2010

VincentASM

It feels like this new generation is coming on fast to me for one. I never got into Ruby and Sapphire like I did to Gold and Silver, and think I barely scratched the surface of Generation IV. The newer games are so slow-paced and there's so much to do, it feels overwhelming.

With Gen II it was Togepi, Marill and Snubbul

Haha, you mean Pikablu? And I can tell you just how to get him...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the thing throwing everyone off is that HG/SS still hasn't been released in English, and now we're talking about an entirely new gen. If the games had been released a year ago, we'd all feel the time was right now.

It does feel to soon...

And Absol does need an evolution :D

Haha, you mean Pikablu? And I can tell you just how to get him...

You mean, by talking to the woman at the Celadon Game Corner one hundred times?

I hope a big black man with an afro is in this game. As both a Pokemon and a Trainer. The Trainer would have a team consisting entirely of Clefaries. All the sets of Twins and Lasses and whatnot would have the Pokemon on their team.

It would be awesome.

I hope a big black man with an afro is in this game. As both a Pokemon and a Trainer. The Trainer would have a team consisting entirely of Clefaries. All the sets of Twins and Lasses and whatnot would have the Pokemon on their team.

It would be awesome.

In Pokemon Ranger 2 there's a big black man who smashes right through steel doors. No afro, though.

Assuming that is an evolution, and not some off brand tangent of an existing pokemon,I'd have to suggest Lucario.

Chances are, it's this gen's Lucario - random ass pokemon that'll appear in a movie, is the evolved form, and never actually plays out importance.

Oh, and while I don't really like the idea, it's honestly about time they play out a Pikachu evolution that A ) plays on his strengths and B ) looks more like him. Sucks for Raichu, sure, but it's about time the face of the franchise got a reboot. In fact, with the return of the time capsule for trades to DPP, they may as well consider using a time skip as an excuse for an ENTIRE franchise reboot in various areas.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Not really. Raichu is superior regardless because of the item freedom and speed. Where as the face of the franchise and the evolution is merely a UU at best, he was a starter once and should get bases as such. Not to mention that doesn't change the fact that now is the time to reboot certain aspects - national dex, evolution styles, and maybe even the number of gyms - and take certain angles for devloping new pokemon - such as pikachu and raichu no longer being related due to differences and the rate of breeding and evolution in pokemon in general.

Most starters are UU. The only ones I can think of that aren't are like, Infernape and maybe Swampert.

I think you're taking the reboot thing too seriously. They're not going to drastically change anything, it's going to be the same as all the others.

Most of the starters are UU because there are better pokemon to play their part(Blastoise, Blaziken). And then there is the general typing issue where grass is terrible(which ruins torterra), fire is terrible(which ruins charizard), and water is terribly common. The only starters that are truly bad are Bayleef and Bulbasaur, Feraligatr and the penguin could be OU with a slightly improved moveset(whixh is bound to come with added TMs). And not a single on of them is the face of the franchise, and recently most aren't even the face of their generation. Regardless, the wish to improve Pikachu has nothing to do with the need to update the national dex for order, the need to get rid of stupid location related evolutions among others, and a need for the game to play a bit more intelligent.

Edited by bunny: Now with Pancakes

Considering the mascot of the entire series is shown to do that, I'm sure that means absolutely nothing.

agreed. I'm sure it has nothing to do with gameplay. There are pics of what looks like tentacruel floating in mid air and it doesn't mean it has two fighting modes, lol. Even pidgeots art has changed and it doesn't mean anything.