(FE7) Drafting Tourney for FE7

Life

Chapter 13

On turn 1, everybody but Marcus went west. Hector also sort of took a middle path, as I had him cross the river (or at least, he would cross the river on a later turn). Marcus went south to act as a distraction for the southern enemies, since they would otherwise start attacking my non-drafted units, and I didn't really want that to happen... Eventually I sent Matthew down south, too, so that he might recruit Guy. Not that I would really mind if I wouldn't recruit Guy, but whatever. His killing edge (and vulnerary) might just come in useful sometime.

After some more fighting, Hector bought some vulneraries (they really help) on turn 5. Marcus was doing very well down south. He was getting attacked from all sides, pretty much, but sitting on a fort made him immortal or something, I don't know. Too bad the enemies mostly used hand axes and bows, though, since that definitely makes it more difficult to recruit Guy. And the next turn Guy started moving, too, so I decided not to bother with Guy's weaponry, and just have Marcus sit there for a bit longer, so that those southern enemies wouldn't suddenly move up to my western group. I moved Matthew out of the way again, too. I also bought Lowen a javelin or two, and an additional hand axe for Marcus.

On turn 9 Boies had already taken some severe damage. It's a pity I didn't have access to a hammer yet Anyway, taking care of the last few enemies near the castle was easy with some proper use of vulneraries. On the ninth enemy phase Boies commited suicide against Hector's wolf beil. So this was done by turn 10. I think I did pretty well here.

I also just noticed I actually beat chapter 12 and 13 within the HHM turn requirement for 5 stars : o

Turns: 10

Total turns: 25

Name   lv   hp str skl spd luc def res

Hector 7.33 25 9   5   8   5   10   2
Marcus 2.29 32 15  16  11  8   11   8
Lowen  4.41 25 7   7   7   4   7    1
Dorcas 4.21 33 10  9   6   4   3    1

I actually would like to record my playthrough, too, but for some reason my computer starts spacing like mad if I try to, no matter if I use VBA's built in screen recorder or some other sort of screen recording software. My computer stinks like that...

Edited by Tino

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think? :facepalm:

The keyword there is "glitch". As in it's not supposed to exist but the programmers have a bit of an error in the game. Do you think it's legal?

People need to stop using "it's a glitch" as a justification to ban/penalize something.

Something being game breaking (which the mine glitch probably is) has nothing to do with whether it's a glitch or not.

Well I'm pissed off. Today I took my memory stick out with me to print some work off to hand in before a deadline. Between printing the work off and realising I'd lost my memory stick, I'd lost my memory stick. And on that memory stick was my FE7 ROM and save data. I have no back-ups, which is kind of idiotic of me. Last week, my mobile phone. This week, my USB dongle. Next week, who knows?

Could someone upload a copy of just their save file please with accessible HHM? I'll download the relative ROM to make it work... Much appreciated if someone can do this for me.

If this isn't the file you need, let me know. (Remove the .txt first obviously, stupid allowed attachment types...)

Also, this just in, I massively reworked my strategies on 10 and 11, and have completed them each in 6 turns. I will upload videos a bit later. This makes me sad that the other chapters I'd done but not uploaded are getting abandoned, but it just can't be helped really, I underestimated the level of game I needed to put forth to get these sorts of low turns.

fire emblem.sav.txt

If this isn't the file you need, let me know. (Remove the .txt first obviously, stupid allowed attachment types...)

Also, this just in, I massively reworked my strategies on 10 and 11, and have completed them each in 6 turns. I will upload videos a bit later. This makes me sad that the other chapters I'd done but not uploaded are getting abandoned, but it just can't be helped really, I underestimated the level of game I needed to put forth to get these sorts of low turns.

Thanks, I'm sure it's what I'm looking for. What is the name/number of the ROM this save file is for?

: 6 turns (forgot to include the Status window in the movie, but should be easy enough to count)

: 6 turns... And still got the Secret Book and bought my axes. Bartre didn't level up yet, and Hector's not quite as good defensively, but Matt's offense is better. If I can just get Bartre a speed level or two in Ch 13, everything will be golden.

Ch11 End:
Hector  2.46  20  8  4  5  3  8  0 B 4 W 2
Matthew 2.68  18  4  4 11  2  3  0 B 3 W 1

Ch12 End:
Hector  5.05  22 11  6  6  4 10  0 B20 W 6
Matthew 4.43  19  6  5 13  4  4  1 B14 W 4
Marcus  1.31  31 15 15 11  8 10  8 B 8 W 7
Bartre  2.76  29  9  5  3  4  4  0 B 3 W 2
Meatshields:
Oswin B 1 
Serra B 3

Since apparently there's room for improvement for everybody, I have reason to believe there's room for improvement on my side, too. So maybe I'll start over again.

Since apparently there's room for improvement for everybody, I have reason to believe there's room for improvement on my side, too. So maybe I'll start over again.

I have a feeling this might be the general way this might go, at least for awhile. "Oh this was a good run. Wait, what?! It can be done in even less turns. Back to the drawing board... What, that's crazy enough it just might work!"

Edit: Chapter 13 is achieved. Watch it here. 8 turns completion

Total turns: 20

Ch13 End:

Hector 6.73 23 11 7 7 5 11 0 B27 W 9

Matthew 5.69 20 7 5 14 4 4 2 B30 W 6

Marcus 1.86 31 15 15 11 8 10 8 B21 W17

Bartre 4.88 29 10 6 5 4 5 0 B15 W 8

Obsolete

Edited by Balcerzak

With much thanks to Balcerzak, I've managed to get back into this game, but I've had to start again, yet again. But at least now my data is saved onto my laptop's hard drive and not some memory stick which is much easier to lose. I start again at Ch.11, with lovely results. I will upload a new video as soon as possible.

Edit: Tino if you manage to do it faster than 8 turns without using Matthew to attack, you should make an accurate turn-by-turn analysis of what happens. You can't record as you said, so printscreens of the beginning of each turn would suffice, if that isn't too much to ask. Also, apologies for doubting your previous 8-turn run. It is indeed possible with the right kind of luck.

Edited by Razgriz

With much thanks to Balcerzak, I've managed to get back into this game, but I've had to start again, yet again. But at least now my data is saved onto my laptop's hard drive and not some memory stick which is much easier to lose. I start again at Ch.11, with lovely results. I will upload a new video as soon as possible.

Edit: Tino if you manage to do it faster than 8 turns without using Matthew to attack, you should make an accurate turn-by-turn analysis of what happens. You can't record as you said, so printscreens of the beginning of each turn would suffice, if that isn't too much to ask. Also, apologies for doubting your previous 8-turn run. It is indeed possible with the right kind of luck.

I'm going to slip in here and give an turn-by-turn analysis for a 7 turn without Matthew (I'm in the drafting tourney in gfaqs, btw).

Turn 1: Matthew opens door; Hector runs down and hand axes the soldier.

Enemy Phase: Soldier misses Hector and also suicides onto him. An archer comes over and hits Hector while Hector hits back for 10 damage.

Turn 2: Matthew stays away; Hector rushes down and equips the Wolf Beil.

EP: Knight attacks Hector but misses and is one rounded back by Hector. Another soldier comes in and hits Hector and is promptly one rounded back. An archer sneaks up behind Hector and damages him and another archer misses Hector. This strategy requires a bit of luck in getting a few misses, I suppose, though a def proc may work.

Turn 3: Hector moves east to the pillar and uses a vulnerary. The thief should be blocking his normal path.

EP: Only one archer can attack Hector at this point, though from this point on, he either misses, gets killed by hand axe counters, or just has his damage negated by vulneraries.

Turn 4: Hector moves east more and up one.

EP: Archers trail.

Turn 5: Hector moves up through the passageway.

Turn 6: Hector moves closer to Wire. Vulnerary used if necessary

Turn 7: Hector attacks Wire with the Wolf Beil.

EP: Wire shouldn't be able to 2HKO so he dies on the counter.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

I'm going to slip in here and give an turn-by-turn analysis for a 7 turn without Matthew (I'm in the drafting tourney in gfaqs, btw).

Turn 1: Matthew opens door; Hector runs down and hand axes the soldier.

Enemy Phase: Soldier misses Hector and also suicides onto him. An archer comes over and hits Hector while Hector hits back for 10 damage.

Turn 2: Matthew stays away; Hector rushes down and equips the Wolf Beil.

EP: Knight attacks Hector but misses and is one rounded back by Hector. Another soldier comes in and hits Hector and is promptly one rounded back. An archer sneaks up behind Hector and damages him and another archer misses Hector. This strategy requires a bit of luck in getting a few misses, I suppose, though a def proc may work.

Turn 3: Hector moves as far east as he can and uses a vulnerary.

EP: Only one archer can attack Hector at this point, though from this point on, he either misses, gets killed by hand axe counters, or just has his damage negated by vulneraries.

Turn 4: Hector moves east more.

Turn 5: Hector moves up through the passageway.

Turn 6: Hector moves closer to Wire. Vulnerary used if necessary

Turn 7: Hector attacks Wire with the Wolf Beil.

EP: Wire shouldn't be able to 2HKO so he dies on the counter.

I see. With the right kind of luck, that is possible. Maybe I'll give that method a practice run, see how it goes. Can I ask what happened to the red gem with that strategy?

The red gem was skipped.

Oh. Not so worth retrying, especially after this what I'm about to upload to Youtube... I'll give a link after it's uploaded.

Edit:

Ch.11: Another Journey

Click on "Show" to reveal video and play:

TEAM---LVL--HP-STR-SKL-SPD-LUC-DEF-RES
Hector-3.41-20--8---4---7---4---9---1

Turns:8

Total:8

I don't think I can improve on this without sacrificing the red gem, so... maybe this is my last Ch.11 attempt. Who knows. Onto Ch.12.

Edited by Razgriz

Ch.12: Birds of a Feather

Click on "Show" to reveal video and play (It seems Warner Music Group didn't like it when I put one of the tunes under their label in my video, so they muted the whole lot. Lovely.):

TEAM----LVL--HP-STR-SKL-SPD-LUC-DEF-RES
Hector--6.43-23--10---5--10---4--12---2
Marcus--1.10-31--15--15--11---8--10---8
Oswin---9.73-28--13---9---5---3--13---3
Rebecca-1.96-17---4---5---6---4---3---1

Turns:6

Total: 14

Well, wow Hector...

Edit 1: I've got a strategy going for Ch.13, but I need the RNG on my side...

Edit 2: Completed as I wanted it. Editing and uploading video now.

Edit 3: Here it is:

Ch.13: In Search of Truth

Click on "Show" to reveal video and play:

TEAM----LVL---HP-STR-SKL-SPD-LUC-DEF-RES
Hector---8.74-25--11---6--10---4--13---3
Marcus---1.68-31--15--15--11---8--10---8
Oswin---10.00-29--13---9---5---3--14---4
Rebecca--2.37-17---4---6---6---4---3---2
Guy------3.79-25---8--14--13---5---6---1

Turns: 7

Total: 21

Edited by Razgriz

Chapter 11

7 turns was all I needed (and a little bit of luck critting the archer).

I honestly don't know if I'll produce any more videos, because it took quite some work to get this video done...

Similar, yet different, to

I tried when getting confused about how it could even be possible. I finally got it last night, but wasn't going to say anything until someone else provided though.

Also, it's all good Tino, I'm sure just summaries will be fine, unless there's a particular strategy you mention in a future log that I end up just dying to see how you pulled off. But I do completely understand that they're a lot of extra work, and can be a pain, so it's no big deal either way, I guess.

Edited by Balcerzak

Similar, yet different, to

I tried when getting confused about how it could even be possible. I finally got it last night, but wasn't going to say anything until someone else provided though.

Also, it's all good Tino, I'm sure just summaries will be fine, unless there's a particular strategy you mention in a future log that I end up just dying to see how you pulled off. But I do completely understand that they're a lot of extra work, and can be a pain, so it's no big deal either way, I guess.

I just like the idea of making videos, though, because that way I can ensure you guys that I'm not cheating my way through this. It's just a bit of a nuisance that my computer doesn't really want to cooperate.

I was thinking about trying to get the extra lockpick as well, but decided I couldn't really be bothered. I guess it could be useful for either selling or using, I guess, though.

Chapter 11

7 turns was all I needed (and a little bit of luck critting the archer).

I honestly don't know if I'll produce any more videos, because it took quite some work to get this video done...

Nice. I wish I could have pulled off that critical at the beginning. I would have saved a turn as well. Oh well. Good going there.

I'll be moving on to Ch.14 soon. Gonna get me a Priscilla.

Well u guys have fun no one is probably careing about what I do since I am taking so much longer but the only one I think I did good was 15 just let Hector solo on the throne for 7 turns ... I didn't even have to heal

I had a nice post typed out and everything. Then I sneezed and somehow managed to close the browser and lose my post. I don't feel like retyping all the descriptions, so I'll just post turns and unit levels. I'm already behind everyone turnwise so I expect I pretty bad End turncount.

Chapter 16: 8

Chapter 17: 12

Chapter 18: 7

Total Turns: 74

Name   lv    hp str skl spd luc def res
Hector 13.75 29 10  12  8   5   14 2
Marcus 7.91  35 16  17  15  12  10 12
Erk    11.53 21 10  11  15  6   3  10
Kent   10.84 28 12  9   10  4   9  3

Well u guys have fun no one is probably careing about what I do since I am taking so much longer but the only one I think I did good was 15 just let Hector solo on the throne for 7 turns ... I didn't even have to heal

Not true, you just need to post more. You don't have anyone except Marcus, Hector and Serra at the beginning, so you're going to have a crap start compared to others. Just keep posting how things are going, it'll be read.