Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.

Phoenix

Esphyrbeta.png

ESPHYR

Just finished her not too long ago. Figured I'd go ahead and post it rather than waiting for the next batch of work to get finished.

No idea who she's based on either. This is Snowy's crimson sword wielder. She's ... ... burdened to say the least.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs more ash, since I assume it's what she looked like when Iso burned down the inn. XD

Seriously though, Esphyr gets as many makeovers as Helios, and that isn't a compliment :P

No sentence with the word Helios can be a compliment

Okay, actually commenting on the .... what's do you call these things? Sprites feels wrong, It's clearly more then a mug. And... Anyway the image,

It feels to me, as if the eyebrows are too high up.

I'm assuming that's a crack in the armor.... the amethyst armor, otherwise that is a really amusing way for it to shine. (Looks more like the pattern gems have when you cut then)

Esphyr looks like a stoner. Did you use Astrid's RD face?

These aren't sprites (those are what appear on maps), but I don't think they're mugs either (too big).

These aren't sprites (those are what appear on maps), but I don't think they're mugs either (too big).

Technically, I'm pretty sure sprites refer to all 2D imagery, though I would hazard a guess that these types of sprites would probably be closest to those classified as tachi-e (立ち絵).

Needs more ash, since I assume it's what she looked like when Iso burned down the inn. XD

Seriously though, Esphyr gets as many makeovers as Helios, and that isn't a compliment :P

No sentence with the word Helios can be a compliment

Okay, actually commenting on the .... what's do you call these things? Sprites feels wrong, It's clearly more then a mug. And... Anyway the image,

It feels to me, as if the eyebrows are too high up.

I'm assuming that's a crack in the armor.... the amethyst armor, otherwise that is a really amusing way for it to shine. (Looks more like the pattern gems have when you cut then)

She doesn't need any ash. She's bathed since then.

Esphyr makeovers 2.5

Helios makeovers 3

Not quite.

Eyebrows? Yes a little bit I know.

Armor shine? Couldn't decide just how I wanted to do that. I used FE10 Nephenee as body base so that nearly killed all chances of properly shading the armor, but I still wanted to keep the cuts/cracks from the original sprite.

I used Anna's(FE10) head as the base for that pic. I used the slightly closed eyes because the open ones seemed to big at first. Might change them later after another look.

The proper term might be "Portrait".

Technically, I'm pretty sure sprites refer to all 2D imagery, though I would hazard a guess that these types of sprites would probably be closest to those classified as tachi-e (立ち絵).

Which translated back to english means ... what? :mellow:

She doesn't need any ash. She's bathed since then.

Well the drugs have worn off since then as well, but it doesn't show in the "portrait"

The proper term might be "Portrait".

Portrait is too broad, and it doesn't feel right calling it a portrait for some reason.

Which translated back to english means ... what? :mellow:

As Bal said, 立ち Standing, 絵 Picture. And again as Bal said, a term used in visual novels.

@Bal: Similarities? They're the same thing, I just doubt anyone would know what I'm talking about if I called them Tachie (People would probably pronounce it so it rhymes with touch(ie) XD) and Standing Picture is.... well not exactly right... well it is but.... it's hard to explain XD

@Bal: Similarities? They're the same thing

So I like to indulge in understatements. :P

I just doubt anyone would know what I'm talking about if I called them Tachie (People would probably pronounce it so it rhymes with touch(ie) XD) and Standing Picture is.... well not exactly right... well it is but.... it's hard to explain XD

Yeah. I dunno. All I can say is that I was in a discussion on the subject with Moogy and a few other people over IRC some months back, and his arguements for maintaining the distinction and usage seemed to have some merit. It's kind of a failure of a term to anybody who is unfamiliar with it, as eminently demonstrated here, but... :shrug:

ONE STUFF

Katie1-2.gif

Decided to touch up Katie's ponytail a bit until I find bigger hair strands to replace it with. Meh ....

Also this ...

Katielookalike.png

just because it was funny when I saw it. Like Katie at a younger age or something. Odd that she has the same ponytail :huh::lol:

RANDOM STUFF

I don't just work on sprites. I also do animated stuff from time to time(though those mostly contain animated sprites).

Sometimes I do smilies too(mostly smilies inside insanely large vehicles).

Ixion-mug-dark1.pngIxion-mug1.gif(original on right for comparison)

This is Ixion with darker shading under his eyes. It's pretty much a sign that he's tapping into uber dark magic. It's also a sign that he's about to crush you into a singularity or something.

Ixion-mug-dark2.png

EVEN DARKER ... just the final warning before you get sent to another dimension XD

This is a smilie I made for the Spetsnaz Brigade. It's probably one of the largest ones I've ever made.

T90-1.gif

The tank is a T90. The Russians really like to steamroll over people with these things.

ANOTHER STUFF(just Viv this time)

Okay I had some serious reservations about posting this version of Viveka.

Vivekanightgown2.pngViveka2detailed.png(Pegasus rider outfit for reference)

(Uploaded png version because gif format uses fewer colors and as a result causes quality degradation)

Basically, I used Vika's outfit, made some megamodifications, put Viv's head on it, put some hair in the back, blended all of it, and then smiled. It's basically a VERY high cut nightgown. I didn't want to get too fancy, and frill lining requires full custom expertise which I just don't have yet. The strings going over her shoulders are full custom, but they were so small I don't even want to count that as custom clothing.

In case you're curious, the gown she's wearing is based heavily off of the one Irina Sheik is wearing, only tighter and more conservative th_IrinaSheik-9.jpg

@ April

If you're reading this, this idea came to me after seeing your current avatar again, and was set in stone once I got a great scene idea from it. th_av-1055.png

... Why do I have a bad, bad feeling about where this one will go...?

• 2 weeks later...

TWO STUFF

Morganbeta2.png

MORGAN

Morgan isn't in the Six Seals story. She's from LoAF which is catching up to the Six Seal in number of sprites I've done for them. For details on Morgan, ask Cynthia.

Obvious stuff:

Frigid

Cold

Objective

Reactive

Shamaness

Mindwiper

Irinaupdatetied1.png

IRINA

This is an update for Irina. After the battle against Helenos, Irina will change hairstyles. Her skin is tanner because I forgot to make the first Irina tan(she practically lives outdoors). That's about it for now.

It's cause of the tilt I had to do to keep the eyes from looking like they were at the wrong angle. I'm currently experimenting with ways to pixelate objects to undo the tilting effects.

Fits the same standard as your usual work.

Which is awesome so there's not a problem with that! Yay!

Hmm, maybe you could make one for Chase since mine badly needs an update to fit with the RP? More angry looking too, he looks way too happy in his mug compared to his personality... and his eyes aren't right either. Grr at not being able to make mugs myself.

Edited by Lightning