Phoenix's Sprite Gallery.

Phoenix

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hug looks very creepy. Like the girl is drunk and that guy sees it as a chance

to feel up on her.

FE9 Karla looks pretty good, but there's not much facial resemblance.

Funny that you mention her being drunk :awesome:

MORE PROFILES!!! :D

Durandal-Smile.gif

Durandal Housenhof

Durandal is a living legend. He is a special human that was known in ancient times as a "Sight". These were special humans capable of seeing into the near future. It functioned as an instinctual response, and they were very difficult to kill in battle. Durandal is the only living sight on earth. It is said that a sight can never die until they see a premonition of their impending death.

He is also the only person who has a Light Brand, a powerful sword infused with light magic.

His reputation nearly rivals that of his old friend Kronos. One example. He and his wife were once attacked by three dragon vanguards and he managed to not only protect his wife, sister, and their friends, but he killed all three of the massive dragons. No other human not of Cremarian descent has killed more than two. He has a total of six vanguard kills using only his Light Brand.

When he married Tatyana, he took her family name because he and his sister never learned who's line they descended from.

Durandal is in service to the Wolvrinavian navy. He is the captain of the Wolvrinavian Archangel class Battlecruiser Crusader.

Durandal is stern, confident, and extremely powerful for a human.

Durandal is based on Lloyd from Fire Emblem 7, and Spike from Cowboy Bebob(the depressed Spike)

Tatyana-Smile-Long.gif

Tatyana Housenhof

Tatyana is very kind and considerate. She is also very protective. She is one of the heirs to the Fondairian throne. The other is her brother Torrence Housenhof. She follows her husband everywhere he goes. She will sometimes assist him in large fights with her magic abilities. She too knows Kronos personally, as he was the first to kill her father, Oliver Housenhof. After he was resurrected, Durandal killed him. Nonetheless she forgave and married him. Most of the time, she simply refers to him as Randal.

She is Durandal's 1st mate on the Crusader.

Tatyana is based on Ursula from Fire Emblem 7(after she pulls a Lucia), and the stereotypical fragile princess.

NEW PROFILES!!! :D

Gale-Vil-Normal.gifGale-Peg-Smile.gif

Gale

Gale is a very young Arisian girl living in Fondaire. She works at a local tavern initially, but becomes a pegasus knight after a bunch of stuff happens to her.

She is very friendly, upbeat, and talks like a street kid.

She was raised by vanguards in Ares, so growing up, she soon became able to read the minds of people standing close by her. She doesn't let people know that she can do this as a way to always have the advantage in relationships.

Gale has heterochromia, a condition that causes one eye to be a different color from the other.

Gale is originally based on two separate characters from The Dragon Lords and the Six Seals and one other character from Fire Emblem 7, Sara, Virgil, and Serra.

Jabari-Normal-1.gifJahleedandJabari-1.gif

Prince Jabari

Jabari is Prince Jahleed's younger brother. He is a mage, and a very talented one at that. He unlike his brother isn't very pretentious. He instead focuses on life's many pleasures. He has many... many concubines, and he uses each and every last one of them as often as he can. He and El-Ray Halb are at extreme odds with each other due to Jabari's unhealthy interest in Cassandra.

Jabari is based on royal spoiled perverts, and Jahleed.

El-RayandCrimsha.gifEl-RayandCassandra-late.gif

El-Ray Halb, Cassandra, and Crimsha

You may have noticed El-Ray from the first page. This is a later version of him, and an updated Cassandra.

For the heck of it, I'll update El-Ray's profile...

El-Ray is a Hajennan Ace. He is the only known Hajennan Wyvern rider, and also the only wyvern rider in the world ever to wield muskets before the battle of Gabriel. He also keeps eight matchlock pistols hidden underneath his trench coat. He is extremely cocky and often gives his opponents lots of warnings before the shooting starts.

Crimsha is a red wyvern, an extremely rare color for wyverns. One like this is only seen every few thousand wyvern generations. To add to his rare appearance, he also has an extremely high fire affinity. He is unaffected by fire as a whole, and he can launch fire attacks, something no other wyvern can do. Crimsha is loyal to El-Ray, and fond of Cassandra, but is extremely hostile to all other beings. Crimsha always goes for an enemy's throat, be they steed or rider, and he doesn't always wait for El-Ray to give him a command. He is an extremely violent wyvern.

Cassandra is El-Ray's close friend and partner. She is a cleric, but she doesn't use a staff to heal which has mystified many people who witness her work. She is very friendly and protective of El-Ray and Crimsha. To find out more about Cassandra, it's probably best to just read the chapters that she's in.

El-Ray is based on myself, and a plethora of antagonists, Crimsha is an original idea of mine, and Cassandra is based on Ilyana, and stereotypical clerics.

Scarlet-Smile.gifScarlet-Smith-Smile.gif

Scarlet Enfria's smithing appearance(On the right)

This is the outfit Scarlet wears when she's off making weapons and the like. She can't wear combat armor all the time.

The breasts had to be made larger to match her in armor appearance, and I didn't want her to have the same hairstyle. That would have been extremely difficult to pull off anyway :lol:

Well...? What are you waiting for? She's waiting for you to give her the fist shake :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Before I start, I should probably note that my main work is shifting from FE9 style splices, to FE10 style splices. This is pushing me to my utter limits and is producing some more interesting looking characters. I'm also making later versions of Six Seals characters. A good example are the two El-Ray sprites. One is FE9 style, the one of him a month later is FE10 style. You'll be seeing a lot of those soon.

Ivanko.gif

IVANKO

Ivanko does not appear in the Six Seals story. He is an rp character from The Lord of Azure Flame(Irina's uncle).

Ivanko is a dangerous wyvern lord with a six sense for battle. He fights using three weapons. A claymore(a four foot long two handed blade), a Brave Lance, and a Tomahawk. He uses the Claymore for duels off of his wyvern Victor, his lance for battles on his wyvern, and he uses the Tomahawk for brash threats and ranged attacks. Most people who know Ivanko are scared spitless of his Tomahawk skills and would rather risk fighting or sparring against his sword or lance.

Ivanko leads the mercenary army. A massive group of warriors from all over the continent. They're more like a family than an organization, similar to the pre-corrupted Black Fang organization.

IvanandLev.gif

IVAN and LEV(Ivan is the blonde(right), Lev is the brunette(left))

Ivan and Lev are rp characters for The Lord of Azure Flame.

Both of these wyvern riders are good friends with Irina, and two of Ivanko's most trusted men. They are usually seen together, and their assignments usually involve helping Irina train and complete her missions.

Lev is a laid back fighter with a snarky attitude and a casual approach to life.

Ivan is emotional whiny and protective of his loved ones. He takes everything pretty serious.

These are just pallette swaps but I was in a damn hurry to get them made, and at least they look nice.

Isotov2.gif

ISOTOV

Isotov is an rp character for The Lord of Azure Flame. He is the older brother of Irina. Isotov is extremely passive, and seems to suffer from a number of internal ailments. Some signs of this are his obliviousness to outer stimuli such as violent or dangerous situations and minor amounts of pain. He only seems to respond normally to spoken words or meaningful expressions on people's faces.

He is the wielder of Proxima, the Crimson Fire Tome. He hates the book with all of his heart for many reasons but is forced to carry it wherever he goes.

I like this sprite because I made it quickly, and I got the hair to line up with a mage/sage like outfit easily. Notice how part of the hair goes over the shoulders? I didn't have to do much to get it to look decent.

Daekin-Normal.gifDaekin-Late-Smile.gif

DAEKIN(Original Daekin on the left/One month later on the right)

It should be pretty obvious how I made both of these :lol:

(Simple color swap, followed by hair edits ... simple)

Daekin is one of Donovan Holtz's most trusted men and friends. He is very serious and fights with his bare claws most of the time. To learn more about him, just read the story.

DonovanHoltz-Smile.gifDonovan-Late-Curious1.gif

Donovan Holtz(Original on the left/One month later on the right)

When you get a chance, compare these to the actual Tibarn sprites. I changed a lot of crap! :o Anyway, Donovan's right arm sleeve is missing in the second version. I could have filled in one, but I decided not to because it miraculously fit in with the story. Donovan's right arm, yes, RIGHT ARM get's mauled by a lesser dragon, so he would have undoubtedly lost his right sleeve. And the bandage is a nice touch too, though I can have that removed entirely later on if I choose.

Zachary-Normal.gifZachary-Late-Smile.gif

ZACHARY DEVLIN(Original on the left/One month later on the right)

I know, they look totally different, right? Well ironically Zachary was originally based on Stefan's appearance, but Volke had the smile that I wanted to use. Zachary was always a sword master though he spends most of his time simply piloting the Visceral. He gets his new look from Harumi. Don't ask how I erased the half coat Stefan wears ... pain in the ass, and I still couldn't decide whether I wanted to finish the sleeve or not, so I didn't .... :facepalm:

Linnette-Normal.gifLinnette-Late-Normal.gif

LINNETTE(Original on the left/One month later on the right)

Linnette's original appearance was just a pallette swap and some added hair, but the new appearance is a full splice. I love Lucia's outfit, and wish I could get a full body version. I may start a project to complete the bottom halves of some of these sprites if I figure out how to full custom clothes decently >:)

Vienna-Smile.gif

VIENNA

Here's a character you haven't seen before.

Vienna is Vonz's personal assistant. She was originally a friend of Richard Townsley. When the battle of Aries concluded, Richard stole the ancient Arisian held documents that held the key to airship technology. Vienna tried to stay with him, but once they entered Hajenna, Richard was murdered, and the documents fell into Hajennan hands. This started the Suppression War. If not for Vienna's memorization of most of the documents, the New Alliance would have been unable to field any airships initially, and they would have been crushed by the Southern Alliance uprising. She pretty much saved them from being demolished.

Vienna was originally based on Louise from FE7. Since she isn't married, and she dresses provocatively, she tends to draw a lot of attention, but she is best known for her extreme sniping abilities.

ZaphranandKelly.gif

KELLY and ZAPHRAN(Kelly on the left, Zaphran on the right)

Zaphran and Kelly/Kelly and Zaphran, whichever you prefer, were Tatyana Housenhof's personal assistants. Both of them are still clerics and they travel with Carmen, Durandal's younger sister.

Kelly is madly in love with Takeshi, to the point of rushing to greet and hug him on every single meeting if Alexandra isn't present or aggressive enough to stop her. She's up beat, cheerful, and slow to anger.

Kelly is based entirely on Serra from FE7

Zaphran is calm, easily annoyed, and observant. She doesn't like to understand people in general and usually keeps to herself. Historically, she is the only human to ever survive being struck by a vanguard's paw. That is like being struck by a bus.

Zaphran's hair color is based on La'Rachel's. Her personality is based on Kyle, from FE8.

Milliardo-Normal.gifMilliardo-Late-Normal.gifMil-Portrait-Late-Goggles.gif

MILLIARDO(Original on the left/One month later on the right)(Third pic is Milliardo with his makeshift goggles on)

The original Milliardo was supposed to be plain looking, and somewhat uninteresting. Once he goes full fledged Miguiver, he takes on a tech expert's appearance, and cuts his hair shorter so he can work easier. I didn't bother to edit his right arm to match the rest of the outfit, because it makes his work look more dangerous and demanding, and also I'm lazy

The next version of Milliardo will either have matching sleeves or a totally different look altogether.

Milliardo is somewhat of a third in command aboard the Visceral. He is an absolute genius, able to construct ANYTHING, from and out of almost ANYTHING. He was the one who mechanized the Visceral's cannons and created a network control system for them, so that the Visceral could use all of its guns without having need actual gunners. He also helped get the ship up and running initially, and he is always there to solve shipwide problems with quick and easy solutions. He was also the first to use a long range rifle, and he dubbed it the "Sniper Rifle". He is constantly inventing, and he never knows when to quit.

Milliardo is based on any scientist/dare to dream/blacksmith/mathmatical/genius you can think of.

Harumi-Smile.gifHarumi-Late-Smile.gif

HARUMI(Original on the left/One month later on the right)

Harumi's original look was based on Anna. For some reason, Anna is way more attractive in facially in FE9 than in FE10, and especially FE11 XD

So to make her look the same, I took Anna's FE9 mouth and put it on the FE10. Simple. She's as hot as ever, now I had to make her look asian like the original Harumi. Well you can see how I did that. There will probably be newer versions of her later on since she is actually a more important character than readers might realize >:)

Sweet as ever.

Also, I'm the first person to vote in the airships poll, whoo! I like how the Hajennan Battleshop Victor Class is pretty much 'lol you guys suck' to every other airship there. Also, isn't Zander a Wyvern Lord, not a Wyvern Rider? Or was he just an example there?

Sweet as ever.

Also, I'm the first person to vote in the airships poll, whoo! I like how the Hajennan Battleshop Victor Class is pretty much 'lol you guys suck' to every other airship there. Also, isn't Zander a Wyvern Lord, not a Wyvern Rider? Or was he just an example there?

Yeah Zander is a wyvern lord now. I just used his Dragon Lords era sprite as an example :)

Isotov.gifIsotov3.gif

ISOTOV

On the left is original Iso, and on the right is his new appearance after his sister Irina ties his hair back, and puts him in an outfit left by Ivanko. Isotov at this point in time is extremely uncomfortable with his situation and is cold(irony?) to most.

Shanice1.gif

SHANICE

Pronounced Shan as in con ... nice as in niece.(though I don't really care how you say it :P )

This is a character from The Lord of Azure Flame.

Shanice is an ice demon with shape shifting abilities. It can make itself to look like anyone or anything with one drawback. Shanice cannot disguise the color of its eyes indefinitely. Its eyes will eventually shine blue, and that tends to be a dead give away. After a moment, the eyes return to hidden form.

Shanice is neither male, nor female. It has no reproductive organs. It also has a fascination with both attractive humans of either gender. It is the source of many Succubus and Incubus myths. (Seriously research the incubus, and you'll be like "That totally fits!" :o )

Shanice is a servant of the Lord of Azure Flame. Its mission is to stop the wielders of the crimson weapons at any and all costs. It wields two daggers, and a plethora of throwing knifes. Its touch is ice cold and when in contact with those with weak spiritual power, Shanice's touch will cause death by instant freezing.

Shanice is based heavily on Homunculus Envy from FMA, and generic bisexuals.

EDIT: Also! The tattoo on it's left (and right)shoulder is based on the Ninja signs: Rin Pyo To Ja Kai Jin Ritzu Zai Zen, I don't know how they're spelled :P

The nine arms of the tattoo are for each one.

Edited by Phoenix

Ja= Sha

Ritsu=Retsu

My image of it being used in religion (Buddhism) and Onmyoudou (Japanese witchcraft?) are stronger though, but I guess Ninja's apparently used it as well, I knew about the Kuji-in, but didn't know it had a symbol (beside the hand gestures)

Nice, is he an agent of "You-know-who" XD Or a free demon? Or is that classified?

I like him:) If you utilize PM's well enough you could even pretend to be people without the actual RP'ers knowing XD

Ja= Sha

Ritsu=Retsu

My image of it being used in religion (Buddhism) and Onmyoudou (Japanese witchcraft?) are stronger though, but I guess Ninja's apparently used it as well, I knew about the Kuji-in, but didn't know it had a symbol (beside the hand gestures)

Nice, is he an agent of "You-know-who" XD Or a free demon? Or is that classified?

I like him:) If you utilize PM's well enough you could even pretend to be people without the actual RP'ers knowing XD

Oh SHA! I hear them so fast that most times it comes across sounding Ja-ish. Thanks, Nady :D

And yeah, ninjas use it too. In fact it's pretty overplayed in the media, but I figured I may as well jump on the nine sign bandwagon.

Shanice is a direct agent of "you-know-who". (Might do that suggestion too btw >:) )

You know, you went and made that Envy reference with Shanice and now I'm envisioning it turning into someone important and killing off Irina when she finds out something shocking about the Crimsons, then, chapters and chapters later, Isotov goes into full destructive rage, kills Shanice over and over until it's nearly dead, and has to be pulled out of the madness by a combination of bow leveled at the back of his head, Arrin snatching up Shanice's diminutive true form and saying he'll deal with it, and Morgan wondering how one will defeat the Demon King while they possess the heart of an animal...

(Given the extent of that reference, yes, you may shoot me.)

You know, you went and made that Envy reference with Shanice and now I'm envisioning it turning into someone important and killing off Irina when she finds out something shocking about the Crimsons, then, chapters and chapters later, Isotov goes into full destructive rage, kills Shanice over and over until it's nearly dead, and has to be pulled out of the madness by a combination of bow leveled at the back of his head, Arrin snatching up Shanice's diminutive true form and saying he'll deal with it, and Morgan wondering how one will defeat the Demon King while they possess the heart of an animal...

(Given the extent of that reference, yes, you may shoot me.)

XD

If Irina died I would be SOOOOO PISSED ... especially after all my character developments. It'd be as bad as watching Lust die all over again ;_;

...Oh crap, you're basing things off first!anime aren't you...

I never got to read the manga or see that new series I heard about, but I did hear a few things. Lust dying in the manga isn't a good ad for reading though ;_;

Shanice is going to be more of a "Ephidel" type character by approach to the group, and more of a Jaffar character by approach to combat. Shanice will also handle political issues the same way Envy does, "replace" leaders who don't cooperate, etc :P

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Dude, you should totally have him impersonate a corrupt bishop at some point XD

...Regarding the manga/Brotherhood: READ/WATCH THEM. It's worth it. Let's see... in no particular order, Greed 2.0, Roy finding out who killed Hughes, Armstrong's completly badass older sister, Fort Briggs in general (and Drachma aka Russia-in-disguise by extension), Kimblee's pimp suit, Scar feeding cats, King Bradley is a homunculus (oh wait...) hilarious return of the much-abused Yoki, Marcoh being a badass, Xing, Xerxes... that's all that comes to the top of my head for now, but THERE IS SO MUCH AWESOME OH GOSH.

(Yeah, and if you haven't seen those, you wouldn't get half the references I made, other than Isotov being Roy XD)

Ah, I see. Makes sense. Dude, you should totally have him impersonate a corrupt bishop at some point XD

...Regarding the manga/Brotherhood: READ/WATCH THEM. It's worth it. Let's see... in no particular order, Greed 2.0, Roy finding out who killed Hughes, Armstrong's completly badass older sister, Fort Briggs in general (and Drachma aka Russia-in-disguise by extension), Kimblee's pimp suit, Scar feeding cats, King Bradley is a homunculus (oh wait...) hilarious return of the much-abused Yoki, Marcoh being a badass, Xing, Xerxes... that's all that comes to the top of my head for now, but THERE IS SO MUCH AWESOME OH GOSH.

(Yeah, and if you haven't seen those, you wouldn't get half the references I made, other than Isotov being Roy XD)

OMG you're right! Iso is Roy! The way I had the Iso Shanice relationship planned out, Iso would be very Roy like after calming down from the initial "I hate your guts" moment :lol:

I'll definitely check them out, but I wish I had a faster computer to watch brotherhood on. It's not one of those media computers so even youtube is a bad place to visit :sob:

Should probably buy the dvds if I see'em.

I'll post the updated sprite of my favorite Lord of Azure Flame character as soon as I'm finished. Should be today. Tomorrow morning by the latest :D

PROJECT IRINA: COMPLETE

I'd like to tell you a little story. Over the past few weeks I was wondering how on earth I could do custom FE9-FE10 clothes. To this day, I am clueless, and with no other spriters of my chosen FE games, I am without help, a pioneer in this field so to speak. It is both scary and inspiring.

Not long ago, Snowy_One put out a request for an Esphyr sprite. I was happy to do another sprite for someone, but in the description was something that caught my eye. Snowy described the color of Esphyr's pants which to me didn't matter but was curious because to this day no one has seen a full body sprite. I wondered why he would even put that in there. None the less I completed what I could of the sprite, and he seemed happy with it.

I continued on, but the thought lingered in my mind. There are no full body shots of any fire emblem characters in FE9 or FE10 style, only official art that usually come in the form of jpg images. I then noticed something ridiculously plausible!

This was the beginning ....

TheIrinaidea.jpg

Irina, my beloved Russian based wyvern rider girl. She could be the first, the first custom full body sprite(on Serenes Forest)! This was something I couldn't pass up! With a combination of FE9, FE10, and JPG pieces, I could construct a full body sprite! I had to go for it! I spent most of this day working my native american ass off to finish her! I won't claim to be the best splicer ever, but please give me something for this! A hug or something! I dove into the fire to put this together, and I could have never hoped for it to turn out this good!

Below ... is Irina ... not just her sprite from waist up ... ... ... her entire body, from head to toe, her beautiful long legs ... are FINALLY ... included -_-

IrinaProfile-1.png

Guys, this picture is updated frequently. Delete your caches for most up to date version. For now I'm using a png because I've seen a few undesired alterations when using normal gifs :/

I love you, Irina :wub:

(^This is still true)

This project is dedicated to The Lord of Azure Flame RP by Snowy_One

(You can't ever quit the rp, Snowy! Not after this, man! You stick with us til the end, and as for the rest of you, you guys do the same! No more missing crimson weapons! :) )

NOW GO SPREAD THE WORD!!! SERENES RESIDENTS HAVE A MADMAN AMONG THEM!!! SOMEONE WILLING TO DO THE STUPID SH*T, TO GET THE BEST SH*T!!! FLY, MONKEYS, FLY!!! FLYYYY!!! SPREAD THE GOOD NEWS ACROSS THE LAND!!!

Sorry, came down from my high, and the caffine is out of my system now.

Tell the folks here, that I'm crazy enough to try anything to get better at spriting or something like that.

EDIT: Fixes based on reviews

Chest plate lighting changed

Pants are actual grey instead of dark unsaturated teal(Sorry, Nady, but the pants and shirt are different colors for a reason :P )

The red star was gazed upon, then ignored(Okay, no change there lol)

Legs were made slightly longer for Lacuna and My sake :P

Irina's left foot has been rotated inward slightly. (looks girly lol)

Ankle given more detail and back heel guard which was left out originally due to foot position.

Edited by Phoenix

Firstly I'd like to call you insane, and I'm not complimenting or criticizing your work at all. You sound like some madman who's been awake for the past 2 weeks and drinking gallons of coffee a day, and I got that impression before you started typing in caps. Get some sleep, eternal sleep if possible

On to the splice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm no expert on splicing, and what little I do know of comes from GBA mug splicing, and even then I don't sprite sprites, or half/full bodies. But I'll list my problems anyway

The first thing that I shook my head at after your hyper-ness is the lighting, I'm not too fussy when it comes to lighting when splicing myself, but the darkness of your shoulder/chest peice, is a hell of a lot darker then the hip/leg pieces. It looks like the chest pieces has gone through many battles, but the hip/leg pieces were just recently purchased. (They look too new) that's their shiny-ness there, but other then that it looks like there's spot lights or something shining up at her from infront of her feet.

Combined with the red star, it made me think "clown" or a circus theme at the very least.

Something about the grey pants annoys me, not sure what, but I think it'd have looked better if the bottom and top were the same color (red or grey)It might have something to do with the much lighter borderline on the pants as well.

Frankly, you didn't get a "wow" factor from me :P I don't know anything in regards to FE9/10 spriting so that probably means nothing to you, but frankly, I had expected more. :P

Anyway now that I've whined about it, let the masses come and praise your works I suppose :P

EDIT: And since you seem so desperate....

"Good work"

*Pats the flaming birds head*

That would be all :/

Edited by Nadesico