Best Laguz Unit (minus Royals and Herons)

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which Laguz is the best to use minus the royals?

• Volug
    • Muraim
    • Vika
    • Lethe
    • Mordecai
    • Neluchi
    • Ranulf
    • Kyza
    • Lyrie
    • Janauff
    • Ulki

As for overall contributions: Volug

As for best fighter: Ulki(I really didn't check the stats, but facing hit <20 almost all the time is amazing)

I vote for Ulki because Volug seems to be getting plenty of love.

Edit: I checked the stats, and they have marginal differences throughout, but Ulki's vigilance + flying takes the win for me.

Janaff is pretty good too but vigilance>>insight.

Edited by Core

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would matter more if Janaff wasn't already super durable.

I've never understood why people like Volug. I had to show utter favoritism to get a good one. Mordecai doesn't need any

Because base level Volug is awesome. He doesn't even need training to be good until the end of part 3.

I've never understood why people like Volug. I had to show utter favoritism to get a good one. Mordecai doesn't need any

Actually, Mordecai is awful in Endgame. He has a scarily high chance of only being at 26 AS untransformed, which in 4-E-4 is like a death sentence.

Actually, Mordecai is awful in Endgame. He has a scarily high chance of only being at 26 AS untransformed, which in 4-E-4 is like a death sentence.

Mordecai for best unit in the game. 52 AS transformed doubles everything forever.

Unfunny joke aside, even if he gets to his speed cap (15 -> 30), he still is very bad in Endgame. 30 AS doesn't double all of the Generals in 4-E-1, and it just gets worse as it goes on. Not to mention he can't double Auras even with Nasir. I know all of this because I did bring him once to Endgame. He was cool in E1, and got worse every chapter after that.

Edited by Krad

Mordecai for best unit in the game. 52 AS transformed doubles everything forever.

Unfunny joke aside, even if he gets to his speed cap (15 -> 30), he still is very bad in Endgame. 30 AS doesn't double all of the Generals in 4-E-1, and it just gets worse as it goes on. Not to mention he can't double Auras even with Nasir. I know all of this because I did bring him once to Endgame. He was cool in E1, and got worse every chapter after that.

Whoops, meant to type transformed >_<

But yeah, 26 AS transformed doesn't double anything other than Dragons. He gets doubled by Dheg, Sephiran, most Spirits, and Ashera if she targets him.

Whoops, meant to type transformed >_<

But yeah, 26 AS transformed doesn't double anything other than Dragons. He gets doubled by Dheg, Sephiran, most Spirits, and Ashera if she targets him.

Pretty sure Ashera has 28 AS with her single target ranged attacks (she has 8 str, 40 spd, those have 20 wt). Now, if he attacks her she gets to use Judge (16wt) and has 32 AS and doubles him unless he capped spd, but that's just why you shouldn't have him attack her (plus he'll probably miss anyway).

Vika (who else?)

Tsk Tsk Tsk.

I kept to the rules of the topic. I like Vika more ofc I mean no one loves Vika more then me but the fact remains she's underleveled and has almost no playtime and needs a huge amount of faforitism to get anywhere near good. (after which she can solo endgame on any difficulty ofc).

Volug stays the obvious choice, though this game has a pitifull difficulty in comparison to the older FE's (pre SS) so you can get away with not using Volug, even on hard Mode as I've proven multiple times.

^The title clearly says minus royals. >_>

Naesalea doesn't lead miccy's group during part 4 (unlike tibarn) and he only has S strike. Therefore he is not a royal.

(???lol???)

Edit: I checked the stats, and they have marginal differences throughout, but Ulki's vigilance + flying takes the win for me.

If we are talking about their performance during parts of the game where they are actually competing, flying and canto put ulki >>> crossbow resistance and earth affin volug, IMO. Not to mention that IMO ulki's level 28 puts him at an advantage, there is a point where levelling up volug becomes rather expensive EXP wise which is why he doesn't see endgame that much for me even though I use him a lot during parts 1 and 3.

I kept to the rules of the topic. I like Vika more ofc I mean no one loves Vika more then me but the fact remains she's underleveled and has almost no playtime and needs a huge amount of faforitism to get anywhere near good. (after which she can solo endgame on any difficulty ofc).

I wish they had let you remove stuff from the LEA after 1-F. That would let you paragon her during 1-F and show a little additional favor without costing the DB (or GM) a paragon during all of part 3 and part 4-E-P through 4-E-3.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd vote Vika in a heartbeat if the gal got more playtime. Her growths are retarded, and with her decent bases she could become a great candidate for bonus experience -- if not for her low availability. You're just not going to get her there easily; at least, not without some serious boss abuse or else a hardy dose of catching up when she joins the fray again. So, realisticly I'd go with Ulki for the best Bird Tribe laguz. It'd be a tossup between him and Janaff if not for the ridiculousness that is Vigilance. Janaff's Insight is a big waste of space. Nealuchi might be the worst of the bunch, but there really isn't a single bad Bird Tribe laguz.

As far as beasts go, there is so much crap to sift through. Skrimir (who isn't in this poll -- I guess he's sortofkindof a royal) is really great until his speed starts to lag, which leaves Ranulf and Volug -- most of the others aren't even worth talking about. Lyre is completely worthless, and I'm glad to see that she has no votes. Anyway, the Heterochromia Cat and Mr. Ab Lounge Infomercial Demonstrator are pretty close stat-wise. Volug has the better caps, though, in everything that isn't named Speed. Oh, and as for Muarim, it saddens me to see such wasted potential! He's another one with fantastic level 40 average stats but with little to no availability. Oh well. Truth be told, tigers have terrible speed anyway, but five expected capped stats (relying merely on combat experience) is pretty fantastic.

Overall, I'd say the best one to use is... Ulki. The importance of great avoid/dodge can't be underestimated.

My favorite, though, is either Ranulf or Volug. Or Ulki. They're all so awesome!

I'd vote Vika in a heartbeat if the gal got more playtime. Her growths are retarded, and with her decent bases she could become a great candidate for bonus experience

Retarded is the correct word for her growths. 50% magic growth and 65% res growth on a laguz?

Naesalea doesn't lead miccy's group during part 4 (unlike tibarn) and he only has S strike. Therefore he is not a royal.

(???lol???)

If we are talking about their performance during parts of the game where they are actually competing, flying and canto put ulki >>> crossbow resistance and earth affin volug, IMO. Not to mention that IMO ulki's level 28 puts him at an advantage, there is a point where levelling up volug becomes rather expensive EXP wise which is why he doesn't see endgame that much for me even though I use him a lot during parts 1 and 3.

I wish they had let you remove stuff from the LEA after 1-F. That would let you paragon her during 1-F and show a little additional favor without costing the DB (or GM) a paragon during all of part 3 and part 4-E-P through 4-E-3.

Actually, Vika lacks the capacity to use Paragon anyway. Being under level 15 means she has only 20 capacity, but she also has canto and shove and thus has just 5 cap free.

Retarded is the correct word for her growths. 50% magic growth and 65% res growth on a laguz?

Yeah, that confused me a tad... Obviously, there must be a super-secret magic beak for her to use. Or something.

Cards maybe? Nah

Definitely not. For one thing, the strongest cards are only 12 mt and never double and can only be used on player phase (when she might need to grass). Also, those strongest cards take up a lot of her inventory if you want to use them for the whole map. Only 5 shots each. Plus she caps at 10, so double that to get 20 mag and she only has 32 mag with Daemon cards. Consider the massive res that enemies have when you can start buying those things.

Really, Ronan Returns.